Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Requiem For A Dream

Default Requiem For A Dream

This is one of the best movies, if not the best movie I have ever seen. It's stunningly powerful. I sat in awe, and took one huge breath when it was done, as if I hadn't breathed the entire movie. Darren Aronofsky is a genius. The editing was simply astounding, music was deafenangly true to the story, and the overall cinematography was completely original. What are your thoughts on this film?

A very good movie, everyone I know who's watched it has felt pretty darked out by the end, its that powerful with its statement.

Chicks dig giant robots

who else thought that despite what the other 3 characters went thru at the end....that Marlon Wayans' low point (in jail) reminiscing about his childhood was the saddest and realest scene??
    almost brought tears to my eyes cuz i would definately relate to that

great fuckin movie
    a.k.a. The Difference saying check out my 1st video

great movie but I've only seen it all the way through twice. definetly gives me that "I really need to take a shower" feeling afterwards, but its brilliant in just how disturbing it is.

Support the Real. Click HERE

was a really good movie, it makes u think about your own lifes path aswell.

Very good movie. I felt really bad about myself after watching it even though I didn't do anything lol.

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

good flick the director Darren Aranowski impresses me how different each of his 3 films are Pi, this, and The Fountain (which was real good too)

wuswordz95

Wink

i only saw this movie once it was really god. i think connely gets fucked for in a exchanged for drugs. i think she shows her nice tities. i could be wrong

i have finally reached my 1000 post
    Last edited by wuswordz95; 05-11-2007 at 06:16 PM. Reason: i am mr 1000

It was alright, not in my top ten, but or sure a movie to have in your collection.

Wu Vatican

they should show it in health class as an anti-drug fill. not one kid is gonna watch that and wanna go do some H thats for fucking sure.

its good for what it is, just not my style to watch disturbing shit however.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Nah, I dont buy that they get booked just by showing up to a hospital with track marks on their arms.

Yeah, it is good, but it has some errors and inconsistencies.

none the less, i thought it was quality, well acted and overall a pretty harrowing story.

the character of the Mother really didnt do anything for me, i didnt feel compassion towards her at all, she was a truly irritating character. im not sure this was the intention of the movie as im sure they thought people would sympathise with her.

i dunno, she really did annoy me though.

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

I really didn't like it. I thought it was hugely pretentious. I also didn't feel the thing rang true having had a lot of experience with friends addicted to heroin. I personally feel like Arnofsky thinks he unbelievably clever and can't stop trying to prove it with unnecessary arty direction.

Just my opinion though.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

well yeah, there were problems with it which occured to me while i watched it, there are several arcs which simply have a shock value function.

the abscess in his arm and the resulting treatment comes to mind .

strangely (to some maybe..) , i thought Trainspotting was a much better portrayel of addiction, as it didnt venture into the absurd or fantastical. yet it was still harrowing.

anyway i think 'Requim for a Dream' is a good movie, its just no master piece.

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

^^ I'd agree with you on Trainspotting.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...