Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Acting black/Acting white

Default Acting black/Acting white

I've just seen a couple of threads in the lounge which have addressed this type of behaviour today and i'm curious to know what the members of this board think about it.

You see, i was under the impression (the mistaken impression it seems) that human beings were individuals who were capable of making their own choices about what they did with their lives. For example, a white person rapping/playing basketball/breakdancing is exercising his/her freedom of choice to take an interest in that music, sport or dance form and that a black person who sings in a punk band/plays ice hockey/hits a mosh pit was exercising his/her freedom of choice to take an interest in that music, sport or dance form.

Ok, in plain english, i think that to label a type of behaviour as exclusively white/black/mexican/chinese/yiddish/jewish/blah is fucking retarded and that people in general (especially members of a 'wu tang' board, a group who show love to fans worldwide regardless of ethic or country of origin) shouldn't get caught up in that bullshit. But hey, that's just me.

Thoughts?
    Stamping on the testicles of defeat!

When I read the first couple of lines of your post I knew I was going to agree with the rest of it as well. Not a lot of people think outside of this box.

i take part in all thouse things and for the most part i just gt back from a 8 day caping trip i am my own person and i dont care what people think of it the wildenes up here is great so what if poeple say im becoming more white every day

Thats fucked up^ The only way you could become 'more white everyday' would be to smear pale make up on your skin and spend all your sunlight hours in a cave.
    Stamping on the testicles of defeat!

yeah i know what you mean man,just cause i like hip hop and do a lottle rapping myself people (who dont know me) just assume im some kind of wigger.
    that really pisses me off,especially when they dont know shit about the kind of hip hop i listen to.

yea i agree wit u totally i mean shit im not even full black(1/2 hispanic) but beacuase i dont have a thick "ghetto" accent or becuase i tend 2 kick it wit mostly white or other biracial ppl other black ppl look at me as if i "try 2 act white" or even because i would rather listen 2 36 chambers then fuckin lil boosie or sum shit...i mean ppl say that theres no segragation in America but this is tha very deffenition of segragation nahmean?

its stupid
    if a white dude is on sum jaime kennedy shit...so what?
    dont mean dude is tryna act black....if he did he would be reckless with cops, tryna sound real smart, etc
    a.k.a. The Difference saying check out my 1st video

its your life live it however you want innit

theres nothing like acting black or what,its all about who you are,what surroundings you grew up around and what state of mind you have in life period..too many ignorant fools these days on that shit,theres is an exception tho,especially if you are lust meng

well I have a crew that a mix of stereotypical white to the max and black dudes with thick ghetto accents etc....and we roll deep like wool.

At the end of the day we are all having barbecued steak and potatoes with beer and watch football and baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    yeah i know what you mean man,just cause i like hip hop and do a lottle rapping myself people (who dont know me) just assume im some kind of wigger.
    that really pisses me off,especially when they dont know shit about the kind of hip hop i listen to.
    I get that too, loads of people coming up to me saying "yo homie whats up in the hood" and doing all that other stereotypical shit, thinkin im a wigger just cause i listen to hip hop, pisses me off to fuck.

depends where u are tho, see where im at, u dont really see color no more. we make jokes like yea wusup white boy, or here comes taco bell, and stupid shit like that. but everyone around knows what everyone else been through and what type of life it is. just bein from the neighborhood give u respect, but then ofcourse u got eccentric people, and other loud mother fuckers and thats where u get white black shit.
    peace
    "i got drug spots from NY to Canada/
    cuz Big L b fuckin wit more keys then a janita/"
    Follow me @SkiLLs456

there's more to life than what the sorry media potrays. life is all about what's outside your front door, not what's displayed in the telelvision. stereotypes is pure ignorance in which nobody should be discouraged by. Just be you and disregard what anyone else says. That's the essence of freedom. Freedom is never having to say you're sorry and freedom is never having the obligation to give explanations. As long as you're comfortable under your own skin, you should never give 2 flying fucks what the next man thinks.

The only people I view as trying to "act black" or white etc.. are the ones that try to ridicule their own race for what are percieved as their general interests because in their mind they believe that making fun of the popular activities of their race disassociates them, making them more accepted by black people, white etc...

example: A white guy makes fun of white people for listening to rock or country and watching programs like friends and sienfeld.

In the movie White boyz it shows a perfect example of this.
    Last edited by TAURO; 05-12-2007 at 08:39 PM.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

its also about your surroundings. Me being white and hanging out with all black people, of course some the slang or whatever is going to rub off on you. And you act differently then the straight laced white people.

While i hang out with all black people, the people at my job are all white(the area im at is like 8 Mile in Detroit. One side of the tracks is the poor area, other side is the rich/upper-class area. I chill/spend most of my time in the poor area, but work in the rich/upper-class area)