Page 106 of 168 FirstFirst ... 65696103104105106107108109116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2513

Thread: kung fu flicks

picked up a few flicks

the tournament....angela mao

shinobi no mono......1 of 8 the first ninja flicks made...

and a 4 box set containing

young hero of shaolin 1,2
    jade dagger ninja
    the silver spear

which was recommended by ladysnowblood a few years back

picked up chocolate....the female version of tony jaa...

cant wait to watch

any watch warlords yet?

Throw Ya W's Up!
    Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

picked up

shinobi no mono 2

the lady constables.........angela mao

dragon dynasty next movie

the legend of fong sai yuk..................jet li
    5-26-2009

wish they would put out movies i dont have...(could be hard to do ..i own everything)

and or have bad prints of

i really wanna see,,,,,,,,,, bullet in the head....john woo

how did u like chocolate?

i bought it the other day, story was eh, 1st 30 mins was useless, but it was pretty coo, no strings right?

Throw Ya W's Up!

^^I've got chocolate on dvd that my friend loaned to me, I've yet to watch it though.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Quote Originally Posted by Razorsharp View Post

i bought it the other day, story was eh, 1st 30 mins was useless, but it was pretty coo, no strings right?

agreed with u

no strings

fights were cool at parts

it was average to me

I don't get the "first 30 minutes were useless" part. The film actually tried to have a story, as opposed to a string of fights (i.e. Ong Bak). By the time the fights kicked in you had a well established protagonist built up. I wouldn't fault the film for that. For a highlight reel it can be disregarded, but as a FILM (which it is) it's important.

Non-stop fights without a story is cool in the, "I'm going to show my friend this SCENE" but for a complete package that's no good.

Anyway, I thought Chocolate was great. Original and refreshing for the action genre. Some people are calling it the female Ong Bak, but outside of the fact the female did some tight stuntwork I don't really get the comparison. Ong Bak had a REALLY basic story and some of the most one-sided fights ever (thankfully Tony Jaa took notice and fixed the fight issue for The Protector). Chocolate had a much more clever, well-developed, storyline with balanced out fights.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud

any watch warlords yet?
    I did. Not a martial arts film, but a great war film. Jet Li's 3rd best acting performance to date too. GREAT action (albeit, not martial arts action). I appreciated how Li branched out on the projects he's taking.

Quote Originally Posted by hide1998 View Post
    I don't get the "first 30 minutes were useless" part. The film actually tried to have a story, as opposed to a string of fights (i.e. Ong Bak). By the time the fights kicked in you had a well established protagonist built up. I wouldn't fault the film for that. For a highlight reel it can be disregarded, but as a FILM (which it is) it's important.

Non-stop fights without a story is cool in the, "I'm going to show my friend this SCENE" but for a complete package that's no good.

Anyway, I thought Chocolate was great. Original and refreshing for the action genre. Some people are calling it the female Ong Bak, but outside of the fact the female did some tight stuntwork I don't really get the comparison. Ong Bak had a REALLY basic story and some of the most one-sided fights ever (thankfully Tony Jaa took notice and fixed the fight issue for The Protector). Chocolate had a much more clever, well-developed, storyline with balanced out fights.
    understand what ur saying...but it was a lil let down...only becouse i over hyped it...from the trailers and all i thought it was gonna be like a tony jaa movie..

so when i poped it in..i ddidnt see no fights..and that what i was looking for
    understand it needs to build story..it wasnt bad...one thing ido wish for is that it was better dvd quality ..like maby a bigger budget ...i think its like that becouse it wasnt picked up by a big company ..went strait to dvd here in the states.....i see her as upincomming...awaiting for her next flick if their is another one

Ah I understand. I had never heard of the film when I checked it out, so hype didn't effect my viewing. I went in with no expectations outside of it being an action flick. I found out later people were calling it a female Ong Bak which made a big question mark float on my head.

i know what u mean tho fam, i jus think the ong bak story was better... like i understand the village and the importance of the deity

but like, in this one i dunno it was jus an americanized version to me, where like some girl defects and has a kid with the enemy then bam... everything else happens...

funny tho, cuz they treated her like danny the dog from unleashed, collecting money hahaha

and as far as warlords, i know its a war movie, i jus didnt wanna make another thread and i figured 100proof followed mr. Li so i would ask, ya'll watch red cliff 1 and 2? 1 was better for me

Throw Ya W's Up!

i know what u mean tho fam, i jus think the ong bak story was better... like i understand the village and the importance of the deity

but like, in this one i dunno it was jus an americanized version to me, where like some girl defects and has a kid with the enemy then bam... everything else happens...

funny tho, cuz they treated her like danny the dog from unleashed, collecting money hahaha

and as far as warlords, i know its a war movie, i jus didnt wanna make another thread and i figured 100proof followed mr. Li so i would ask, ya'll watch red cliff 1 and 2? 1 was better for me
    Ong Bak had a much blander story than Chocolate anyday in my book. Wasn't very developed either. It's basic, which isn't always a bad thing. But it felt like it was basic for basic's sake. Like the writers said, "We just want to show a bunch of fights and stunts. Let's wrap the whole thing around that." For a highlight reel that's fine, but as a film...hard for me to dig. A need a bit more meat than that for me to care about the main character and film. Chocolate had alot more going for it in that regard. It spent the beginning of the film to develop the protagonist, and then spent the rest of the film to deliver action. I'd say that was a smart decision. Plus, the fights themselves were alot more balanced. I saw Red Cliff 1&2 but I can't really separate the two since it was filmed as one flick, just released as two due to it's length. It would be like me comparing Kill Bill 1&2, or Che 1&2. Both feel incomplete without the other half. By default, all those films are going to have better first parts because the first part BUILDS the story arc.

ya'll watch red cliff 1 and 2? 1 was better for me

never seen em...its on my list tho....john woo right