Thread: Cannibal Corpse

Default Cannibal Corpse

any fans? i want to get into these guys....even tho their covers are absolutely disguisting.....how is their music?

Sucks. Go buy the first three Obituary records, some Entombed, or Morbid Angel or something.

cannibal corpse is fuckin awesome. you should start off with the "tomb of the mutilated" album. it rules! hammer smashed face is the fucking best song ever, and yeah the cover art is crazy. haha. peace.

Personally, I think they are one of the crappiest death metal bands, but they did release one or two classics of the genre. You're much better off with some of the following recommendations (I included some grindcore as well):

Morbid Angel: Altars of Madness, Blessed Are the Sick, Covenant

Cryptopsy: Blasphemy Made Flesh, None So vile

Suffocation: Effigy of the Forgotten, Pierced From Within

Carcass: Reek of Putrefaction, Symphonies of Sickness, Necroticism: Descanting the Insalubrious

Deicide: Deicide, Legion

Death: Scream Bloody Gore, Leprosy, Human

Possessed: Seven Churches

Napalm Death: Scum, From Enslavement to Obliteration

Entombed: Left Hand Path, Clandestine

why is there like 28 trax in scum? short trax im guessin..

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    why is there like 28 trax in scum? short trax im guessin..
    lol, you must not be familiar with the genre of grindcore.

Speaking of grind, you have to get Terrorizer's "World Downfall"!!!!Pete Sandoval Annihilates his drum kit.Also Cannibal Corpse can be enjoyable sometimes for me, but overall I dont care for them. I only listen to Barnes era, "Corpsegrinder" was awesome on "Imperial Doom" with Monstrosity,but that is it. You should track down "Imperial Doom", it is out of print, hit up Ebay.New York definitley has better to offer than CC and Deicide, Immolation,Morpheus Descends,Suffocation,Internal Bleeding,Malevolent Creation,Solstice and Demolition Hammer are all excellent.
    Last edited by Rayson; 07-31-2007 at 01:15 AM.

"Robbed of natural abilities
    In death they now seek tranquility
    In a confused state of mind
    Extending agony,they must be blind"

Quote Originally Posted by Rayson View Post
    Speaking of grind, you have to get Terrorizer's "World Downfall"!!!!Pete Sandoval Annihilates his drum kit.Also Cannibal Corpse can be enjoyable sometimes for me, but overall I dont care for them. I only listen to Barnes era, "Corpsegrinder" was awesome on "Imperial Doom" with Monstrosity,but that is it. You should track down "Imperial Doom", it is out of print, hit up Ebay.New York definitley has better to offer than CC and Deicide, Immolation,Morpheus Descends,Suffocation,Internal Bleeding,Malevolent Creation,Solstice and Demolition Hammer are all excellent.
    World Downfall is excellent, but every time I listen to it I just think of how good Pete and Vince are in Morbid Angel and I want to listen to Blessed Are the Sick instead.