Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RZA Production Errors??

Default RZA Production Errors??

Has anyone else noticed a couple errors on some WU songs? For example, on the song "Soul Power" from Iron Flag the beat just sounds off-key. The drums in the background skip a beat, as if RZA goofed up. Not that every song has to flow smoothly, but you can tell there was some kind of error done in the cuts of the samples. It's obvious it was not intentional. It happens over and over again.

This same situation happens on the song called "Run For Cover" from the Blackout! album by Red & Mef. After the guitar riff and the drum rolls, the beat starts back up again but it begins late. As if the beat was accidently synchronized wrong. It sounds like a rough draft, as if it wasnt finished properly.

You may all be saying "STFU, thats just how it is..." But for a producer like RZA, he should know better than to be making elementary mistakes like that. They kinda ruin the songs for me. Anyone know any other examples of this?

(***w***)(***u***)

Yeah, on "Soul Power," the first snare comes in like a step late. Tt does sound pretty shitty actually. And you're right about the Run For Cover beat too.
    Last edited by crass; 05-28-2007 at 02:20 AM.

I always thought that it was intentional.

So, yeah. STFU, that's just how it is...
    Still Ain't Nuttin Ta Fuk Wit

i just think "Run 4 Cover" is a bad beat.

the one u mentioned on Run 4 Cover is intentional

and Soul Power is just whack

run for cover is a banger

I can only reply to this thread by sayin

&th chamber pt 2. ( starts noding to the sounds of do... do... do do ,doooooooooo )

Last edited by zooruka; 05-28-2007 at 04:33 AM.

PRODIGAL SUN 2L8Lit da croatianMC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crass View Post
    And you're right about the Run For Cover beat too.
    i dont hear any mistake on that track... the drums, bass, guitar sample fits nicely...
    I C.R.E.A.M

on ANY album.. that's RZA for you, he places delays in certain instrument parts... thats what makes it come out sooo ill.. check tha Ice Cream beat.. check tha Man Woman and Child remix beat, those have that sound process in them ..
    The Prime Sithesizah [Facebook/Myspace]

Since day 1

I don't remember where I read or heard this, but in an interview back in the day RZA said he'll purposely put a mistake in his beats. So everytime I hear a beat like that I figure he did it for a reason.

PRODIGAL SUN 2L8Lit da croatianMC's Avatar

^^yeah, that's true...
    and on run 4 cover sometimes snare drops to soon, but it all comes to its place on the next pattern... and that track is classic...
    I C.R.E.A.M

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

What about that drumbeat without anything on OB4CL, on "Knowledge God"? Was that intentional or a mistake?

BTW I always thought RZA makes mistakes intentionally, like Tarantino on the moovies. Look carefully @ Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill and you'll see he made intentionally shitloads of goofs.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

what it's called is "keepn it raw" rza said this from day one about his shit!!! it doesn't have to be prefect. if you one fo those "mountain climber" sound nerds you wouldn't understand the raw consept! that raw natural shit is what hip-hip is in the pure form!! you think rza says these things for fun or to sound cool???

if you want somthing perfect and generic go listen to so called rock,pop,down south stripper music or r&b.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
    What about that drumbeat without anything on OB4CL, on "Knowledge God"? Was that intentional or a mistake?

BTW I always thought RZA makes mistakes intentionally, like Tarantino on the moovies. Look carefully @ Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill and you'll see he made intentionally shitloads of goofs.
    not sayin i think ur wrong but can u point out some???

cuz i love both of those movies

its not a mistake he does it on purpose...

Listen to obfcl when ur high ur gonna realize it.
    http://www.openentrance.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/jay-z-beyonce-0614073.jpg