Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: RZA Production Errors??

mf doom fucked up.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B O T View Post
    mf doom fucked up.
    care to further elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by 2L8Lit da croatianMC View Post
    which songs?
    Soul Power
    Run 4 Cover

PRODIGAL SUN 2L8Lit da croatianMC's Avatar

man, run 4 cover definately aint wack...
    I C.R.E.A.M

Quote Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post
    care to further elaborate?
    mf doom was the one who produced the track so its his bad if its fucked up.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

the phone ringing in 9 milli bros was just a sound effect edited into rza's roll call to jab at rza for "phoning it in."

(granted i have nothing to back that up aside from the fact that ghost has claimed in interviews that he requested everyone from wu-tang drop a verse to that beat and rza apparently sent him that sound clip from fast cars. but it makes sense and sense is what i live by.)

as far as rza's production errors go i'd like to remind everyone of two words: bong bong... but that was more of an error in judgment than a technical mistake.

it's interesting cos if you think about it, an old record that looped a portion of a song on repeat was initially considered an error until some people were like "no that sounds dope" and then added some drums and came up with some of the first hip hop beats. i agree with the people who've said that most of rza's so-called production errors are actually intentional (and therefore not really an error per se), probably done to add rawness (there's an oxymoron for ya). can't think of any strictly beat-wise examples, but i always liked how doc doom's verse has like a false start and holocaust is cut off before he even finishes the first word on Terrorist off BD in Stereo.

more akbar

Quote Originally Posted by Humanface Huggah View Post
    the phone ringing in 9 milli bros was just a sound effect edited into rza's roll call to jab at rza for "phoning it in."

(granted i have nothing to back that up aside from the fact that ghost has claimed in interviews that he requested everyone from wu-tang drop a verse to that beat and rza apparently sent him that sound clip from fast cars. but it makes sense and sense is what i live by.)

as far as rza's production errors go i'd like to remind everyone of two words: bong bong... but that was more of an error in judgment than a technical mistake.

it's interesting cos if you think about it, an old record that looped a portion of a song on repeat was initially considered an error until some people were like "no that sounds dope" and then added some drums and came up with some of the first hip hop beats. i agree with the people who've said that most of rza's so-called production errors are actually intentional (and therefore not really an error per se), probably done to add rawness (there's an oxymoron for ya). can't think of any strictly beat-wise examples, but i always liked how doc doom's verse has like a false start and holocaust is cut off before he even finishes the first word on Terrorist off BD in Stereo.

Actually, in the Japan release of Bobby Digital in Stereo Holocaust's verse is complete and uncut. In addition, the Japan release has that 8 minute RZA freestyle track.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud

Quote Originally Posted by emperorles View Post
    On the song "Impossible" from FOREVER Raekwon talks at the end about "when you play with guns..." the beat skips horribly.

*Skip* "....So lets pay attention, cuz this is only a story..."

(***w***)(***u***)
    finally, some nigga bringing up facts. that wasnt a production error, but shit is FUCKED up. i thought my vinyl was scratched or defected but the CDS had the same problem. that shit aint cool..lol considering how professional RZA is, that shit is unacceptable. how you gonna make a song in the album SKIP ? i wish i can ask him that shit... *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by TDeane23 View Post
    I don't remember where I read or heard this, but in an interview back in the day RZA said he'll purposely put a mistake in his beats. So everytime I hear a beat like that I figure he did it for a reason.
    i know i heard or read that somewhere as well he and havok (of mobb deep) both claim to do this on occasion

Default Xactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brooklyndodger View Post
    what it's called is "keepn it raw" rza said this from day one about his shit!!! it doesn't have to be prefect. if you one fo those "mountain climber" sound nerds you wouldn't understand the raw consept! that raw natural shit is what hip-hip is in the pure form!! you think rza says these things for fun or to sound cool???

if you want somthing perfect and generic go listen to so called rock,pop,down south stripper music or r&b.
    Couldnt say it any better.Any view other than this ,realy dont understand the core of what HIP HOP is.Study ur lessons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***********

PRODIGAL SUN 2L8Lit da croatianMC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tekunique View Post
    finally, some nigga bringing up facts. that wasnt a production error, but shit is FUCKED up. i thought my vinyl was scratched or defected but the CDS had the same problem. that shit aint cool..lol considering how professional RZA is, that shit is unacceptable. how you gonna make a song in the album SKIP ? i wish i can ask him that shit... *sigh*
    listen! in that track the beat skipped only once, at the end, it didint skip in the verses, why yall makin so big deal about that shit... it aint worth it...
    I C.R.E.A.M

Quote Originally Posted by 2L8Lit da croatianMC View Post
    listen! in that track the beat skipped only once, at the end, it didint skip in the verses, why yall makin so big deal about that shit... it aint worth it...

I like the way rza makes the track end in bring trhe ruckaz.... then it kicks back in on some "on guard il let u try my wu tang style."

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

There are no rules to music, thats just RZA with his digital shit.
    Anyway I like a beat to change up every now and again stops it becoming boring or simple.Bringing little things like these make him he best.

are not errors is done on purpose for the mix like when a loop sound end suddenly sound bites that cut off or when a part of the verse dont sound good or is wack he cuts the verse off and you can here the beginning of the next word its all to fit the mix
    it sound very cool is very well done
    Last edited by RagnaroK; 06-22-2007 at 01:54 PM.
    Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life