once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

View Poll Results: Rating

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10

    4 36.36%
  • 9

    1 9.09%
  • 8

    4 36.36%
  • 7

    1 9.09%
  • 6

    1 9.09%
  • 5

    0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38

Thread: Dr. Octagon - Dr. Octagonecolygst

  1. #16

  2. #17
    THE DARK ARCHITECH Z3RO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    KENTWOOD, MICHIGAN
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    because of creativity...not necessarily lyrical skill.
    WHAT?
    KEITH TURBO WOULD SPIT SOME SICK SHIT PAC NEVER
    HEARD IN HIS FUCKING LIFE.

    THE ALBUM IS IN MY TOP 5 OF GREATEST SOLO ALBUMS EVER
    BAD BOYS MOVE IN SILENCE, SECRETLY FADE IN~
    DON'T LIKE FAKE GANGSTERS, AND YOU WANNA BE MADE MEN...\
    ~GZA\GENIUS

  3. #18
    THE DARK ARCHITECH Z3RO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    KENTWOOD, MICHIGAN
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Possibly The Best Concept Album Of All Time...........
    Other Than Deltron 3030
    BAD BOYS MOVE IN SILENCE, SECRETLY FADE IN~
    DON'T LIKE FAKE GANGSTERS, AND YOU WANNA BE MADE MEN...\
    ~GZA\GENIUS

  4. #19
    Studio Gangster Memory Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,241
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    anyone hear the cyclops 4000 album sir menelik put out a while back? there was some unreleased octagon on there that was pretty dope.

  5. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sean michael View Post
    its wicked, but over rated. as a whole album i thought it was real good, no real standout track particularly.

    8.5/10 or 9/10.
    you guys saying "overrated" type remarks are fucked! Youre sounding reeeal ignorant right now.

    You completelyforgetting that this was recorded in 1995! Automator was 10 years ahead of the game with his production, Keith has never spit it better, no one has got as creative with their rhymes as keith did on this. again i repeat this was recorded 1995, imagine hearing this shit when it came out then, revolutionary rap. I'm not saying its an all-all-all time classic, but its never been over-rated, its under-rated in what it did for the game.

    Man but serious, this type of shit would never get released now, its as much of a one off as Illmatic.


  6. #21

    Default

    nice cover
    I need Sig that state my psychology!.

  7. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostlaced View Post
    you guys saying "overrated" type remarks are fucked! Youre sounding reeeal ignorant right now.

    You completelyforgetting that this was recorded in 1995! Automator was 10 years ahead of the game with his production, Keith has never spit it better, no one has got as creative with their rhymes as keith did on this. again i repeat this was recorded 1995, imagine hearing this shit when it came out then, revolutionary rap. I'm not saying its an all-all-all time classic, but its never been over-rated, its under-rated in what it did for the game.

    Man but serious, this type of shit would never get released now, its as much of a one off as Illmatic.

    yeah its monumental and stuff, i just dont think its 10/10 material.

    you do realise i gave it 9/10?



  8. #23
    frieza saga oDoUoSoKo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    CCCGTEHQ
    Posts
    18,472
    Rep Power
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z3RO View Post
    Possibly The Best Concept Album Of All Time...........
    Other Than Deltron 3030
    this isnt better than The Downward Spiral, or Year Zero.

  9. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sean michael View Post
    yeah its monumental and stuff, i just dont think its 10/10 material.

    you do realise i gave it 9/10?
    yeah id give it a 9 too!


  10. #25

    Default

    When this first came out it was the shit, i'd call it a classic.
    The beats are amazing as well as the flows!



    My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
    Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
    Hell razah

  11. #26

  12. #27
    Best ta watch ya front Unseen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Great album, wierd, but great nonetheless.
    The outcome is critical

  13. #28
    PRODIGAL SUN 2L8Lit da croatianMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    croatia, zagreb
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,741
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    its a dope ass banga to me...
    I C.R.E.A.M

  14. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crass View Post
    No, when Kool Keith is on point he tears a hole in every rapper. That includes fucking Tupac. Listen to Critical Beatdown.
    I think Pac was pretty weak. Yes Kool Keith is da shit though!

  15. #30

    Default

    I wouldn't say Pac's weak, his lyrics just get repetitive. Listen to 'the 7-Day Theory' though, that album solidifies him as a fantastic MC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •