Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gravediggaz...Prince Paul

Default Gravediggaz...Prince Paul

Why didn't prince paul want to be involved with the second gravediggaz album?

Default Re: Gravediggaz...Prince Paul

He sorta was. I think he produced the outro but that was it. I dont know why he wasnt more involved.

MC Killa

i know and they got him on the fold out like hes all over it. albums still tite tho.

The Reason Is Becuase

That Nigga Is Mad Bizzy Doing Mad Shit Cuzzins

Pussy Ass Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by gi0vanni
    create man you're always bitching at people. you need to take a chill pill. you jump on people every chance you get.

Veteran Member

I miss that Diggaz crew when they were all together. A reunion iz impossable with-out the late Grym Reaper aka Poetic (RIP). Man had skillz. Big up to Frukwan.

^ he had the most skills...peace grym

what else has prince paul produced??

Quote Originally Posted by Lesbian Nun
    ^ he had the most skills...peace grym

what else has prince paul produced??
    In addition to his work with the Gravediggaz, Prince Paul is most famous for producing the first three De La Soul albums (3 Feet High+Rising, De La Soul Is Dead, Buhloone Mindstate) but he has done mad shit for mad people (Big Daddy Kane, Biz Markie, Last Emperor, etc.). He also has a few solo albums (phsycoanalysis, Prince Among Thieves, Itstrumentals) and works with fellow producer Dan The Automator on two albums under the name Handsome Boy Modeling School (So...How's Your Girl?, White People).

As far as why Prince Paul wasn't more involved with the Gravediggaz second album, Create is right. Prince Paul said himself that he was too busy at the time working on other projects that he was already involved in, such as the first HBMS album and Prince Of Thieves. He said that he decided to let RZA take control of the group, meaning that RZA and the Wu Elementz would end up producing the album. Although Prince Paul wasn't really involved with the album except for producing the outro, he was still included in the album liner notes and was in the video for "Dangerous Mindz."

oh ya de la soul...

it usually comes to down to time with the wu...ins got no rza beats cause he was in europe or something...iunno it goes like that in the business...still it wasn't a terrible decision letting the wu elements produce the whole thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Lesbian Nun
    oh ya de la soul...

it usually comes to down to time with the wu...ins got no rza beats cause he was in europe or something...iunno it goes like that in the business...still it wasn't a terrible decision letting the wu elements produce the whole thing...
    Not a terrible decision at all. In fact, although Prince Paul is mad dope and 6 Feet Deep is a classic album, I actually personally prefer Pick, Sickle, and Shovel. A total classic from beginning to end for me-lyrically I think both Grym (RIP!!!) and Frukwan stepped their game up a bit on this album plus their subject matter is mad dope and of course RZA did his thing, both rhyming and producing. 4th Disciple and TrueMaster blessed this album as well. Classic to me despite the absence of Prince Paul.

^100% agree...

except "2 cups of blood" imo is so fucking HARDCORE that nothin touches 6 feet deep in that aspect...

but i really don't prefer the album, but enjoy the overall tone more on a chill out day...true master is one of my favorites...and Grym Reap and Frukwan were given alot more time to shine, and they fucking SHONE!

While I think 6 Feet Deep is their best effort by a fair margin, I can agree that Pick Sickle and Shovel was very nice, a lyrical gem. I love that What's going on track produced by RZA.

MC Killa

besides rza, truemaster, prince paul(outro) and 4th disciple... Poetic(unexplained, elimnation process, repentance day), Darkim(12 jewelz), Goldfingaz(fairytalez, never gonna come back), and Frukwan(deadliest biz) aslo produced tracks on the album.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diePukey
    besides rza, truemaster, prince paul(outro) and 4th disciple... Poetic(unexplained, elimnation process, repentance day), Darkim(12 jewelz), Goldfingaz(fairytalez, never gonna come back), and Frukwan(deadliest biz) aslo produced tracks on the album.
    Ah Fairytalez is my favourite song on that album

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Canít stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... Itís never us coming with the gimmicks. Itís always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap thatís just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ĎWhy Wu-Tang?í when itís not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

in fact i read on some wu site that it was some kind of beef beetwen rza and prince. it was said that rza want to make some of the tracks with 4elements and prince paul want to take the whole album production. when rza,fru and grym dont agree he decided to step back from gravediggaz.......

but in fact i wasn't belive much in this and when im reading your info i rather sure its a bunch of lies (or not? anybody hear of this??)

thanks for the info gods, peace

----the what you said iz truth.....wu will survive----

I dont think RZA and Prince had any beef at all.