once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

View Poll Results: Dr. Dre - The Chronic

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Mics (Classic)

49 69.01%
  • 4 Mics

11 15.49%
  • 3 Mics

8 11.27%
  • 2 Mics

0 0%
  • 1 Mic (Terrible)

3 4.23%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dre - The Chronic

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

Its top ten if not 5 of all time

No artificial sleazy

Looking back... Eminem's verses had no place on this album. Everyone else stuck to the typical west coast theme, and he was talking about mucus, hot water and fucking Charleston chews?

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Swanson View Post
    Looking back... Eminem's verses had no place on this album. Everyone else stuck to the typical west coast theme, and he was talking about mucus, hot water and fucking Charleston chews?
    this about the original I think but I agree with you

No artificial sleazy

Whoops didnt read thread title

I skimmed through and saw 2001 mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    You think the lyrics on The Chronic are weak? Hahahahahahahahahahaha.
    You think the lyrics on The Chronic are STRONG?
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

the chronic lyrics are classic. whats weak about them?

Charles you are a idiot if you think The Chronic got the classic status because of the lyrics. The lyrics are average.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
    Charles you are a idiot if you think The Chronic got the classic status because of the lyrics. The lyrics are average.
    back on the ignore list

Quote Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
    Thank you. What makes the Chronic classic is the smooth delivery from Mr. SN-Double O-P and of course, more importantly, Dre's (at the time) completely unique and innovative production.

Banned

5 mics, easily. Anyone who rates The Chronic less than 4 mics is a dumb cunt

I don't think 2001 was a better album but I think that the production might be better on 2001 than on The Chronic, but 2001 was too long and becomes skipable after 13 songs. Some individual songs on 2001 are better than a lot of The Chronic, but The Chronic is a way better album. I rarely listen to 2001 in full but I always listen to The Chronic from start to finish

The features on The Chronic were better than on 2001 as well.

Doggystyle is Dr Dre's best produced album though
    Bushido is realised in the presence of death.
    This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death.
    There is no other reasoning.

-

ShaDynasty finally agrees with me about something LOL. The Hound, I think Dr Dre's best production was The Chronic. Every beat on that album is hard. Snoop Dogg's Doggystyle album is overrated. I don't listen to it often. He has a few songs on there I like and it's his best album. It's really a shame he's made so many shitty albums LOL.

About that life

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Banned

I was listening to The Chronic last night, I love the outro with the Parliament interpolation "Make my bud the chronic, I wants to get fucked up" haha the skits and video clips dissing Eazy were funny too "youse a penguin morherfucker" haha

Yeah snoops albums suck dick after Doggystyle lol Doggystyle isn't overrated c'mon man what tracks don't you like? It had some hard tracks too, the Bernard Wright sample on Gz and Hustlaz was hard as fuck.

Did you ever read Chris Rock's best 25 hip hop albums? His list kinda sucks but he said Doggystyle was better than a The Chronic because he can't drive around singing "Eazy E can eat a big fat dick" lol

Do you like Above The Law?
    Last edited by The Hound; 10-29-2014 at 05:22 PM.

ShaDynasty finally agrees with me about something LOL. The Hound, I think Dr Dre's best production was The Chronic. Every beat on that album is hard. Snoop Dogg's Doggystyle album is overrated. I don't listen to it often. He has a few songs on there I like and it's his best album. It's really a shame he's made so many shitty albums LOL.
    Tha Last Meal was dope front to back, except perhaps for one song (that No Limit style 'Back up off me' track with Master P & Magic) that doesn't fit in with the overall sound. That album was straight up G funk, not in the least thanks to Kokane's many choruses.

Also, 'Tha Doggfather' had a nice retro feel to its beats. The lyrics were mostly ass though. 'Paid tha cost to be tha boss' was a solid album too. Most of his recent albums are pretty bad. Basically, Snoop ran out of interesting things to say right after his first album...

Back on the original topic, 'Tha Chronic' is a bonafied classic. 5 stars. Of course the lyrics are gangsta rap, but of a very high standard. This is among the cream of the cream of gangsta rap. And of course the beats are ace. I also like the fact that the album comes off as an organic group effort.
    Last edited by Lee Towers; 10-29-2014 at 05:29 PM.

POP THE BLUE PILL AND GO N.I.

www.1worldmag.com www.premierehiphop.com

Banned

I'm one of the few on here who like Doggfather lol it wasn't great but it's still his second best IMO whether that means anything is up for debate lol

Yeah Tha Last Meal was dope. I'd throw No Limit Top Dogg and The Blue Carpet Treatment in there as dope snoop albums too.