once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Modern Hip-Hop

Default Modern Hip-Hop

i find myself wanting to listen to more Modern Hip-Hop then Wu or anything else...
    Blackstar, Mos Def And Talib Kweli, Canibus, Royce Da 5'9 (royce not so modern, but death is certain was near close) Common, ya know, things like that.....

the beats, all of it sound dope, i havnt listened to Wu ina few months now =p, i'm not feelin Wu as much anymore, or i just burned myself out on their shit, but any1 else feelin what im saying for real?.

is there any albums that fit into this catagory that u guys want to suggest for me to check out?
    cause my taste in rap music changed,. i went to listening to just Wu and Wu-Killabees, Necro , Mobb, Cormega ect.. just real darkish street music, to Modern rap,

now i like listening to Jadakiss, Jounalist, 50 Cent. Game, Lloyd Banks, Bobby Valentino, Copywrite, Jakki Da Motormouth, Gangstarr, Dipset, Cassidy, Missy Eliot, Black Eye Peas ect...ya know bassically the best from their level, to say like 50 Cent makes good mainstrem music as long as its not ont eh radio, dunno why ut the albums singles always sound better to me because thousands of other people arnt listening to it as me i guess,
    Bobby Valentino thee hottest R&B singer out there now, Dipset are one of a kind, original fo sho, the way they rap and everything, Cassidy right there between mainstream and underground considering aint too many punchline emcees on the radio, Missy Eliot is a class of her fuckin own, she always has hot fuckin beats on her shit, Black Eye Peashave changed sence when they use to collab with De La and Talib Kweli n such, but its also nice stuff.......

any1 else finding makin themselves a transition from a certain form of rap to anythign else?

but could some1 list some Modern Hip-Hop albums that are worth checkin out....old school or not,

peace

Default Re: Modern Hip-Hop

what do you mean by modern?
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Blackstar Album, and say Canibus's Poet Laurette II, beats and rappin like that...

you wouldnt consider the bobby digital albums or iron flag to be modern? if not then why?
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Some modern Wu lps r dope. I know where u r coming from, I haven't been in the mood of listening to the Wu in a minute. Been bumping to kats like MF Doom, Cage, Sean Price, Scarub, etc.
    Shaolin Gotz Da Krown.

wu-tang makes "modern" hiphop too. also there's wu-tang forever, ironman, the pillage, and supreme clientele.

but wu-tang hasnt really done much to keep anyone's attention so naturally people are going elsewhere for music.

i havent listened to wu hardcore for years now, when i first got into hip hop i would bang their album's non stop but now im just into otehr things.
    If I Offend You .. Fuck You I Intend To ..

yeh yeh, im not tlakin about Wu
    ima talkin about other artists....but whatever..you guys seem to not catch the drift

and yeh butter, Wu got boring, their not so muhc Modern as im saying....you cant compare Iron Flag to Blackstars album, diff styles

Quote Originally Posted by Intellekt

now i like listening to 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks, Bobby Valentino, Dipset, Cassidy, Missy Eliot, Black Eye Peas ect...ya know bassically the best from their level, to say like 50 Cent makes good mainstrem music as long as its not ont eh radio, dunno why ut the albums singles always sound better to me because thousands of other people arnt listening to it as me i guess,
    Bobby Valentino thee hottest R&B singer out there now, Dipset are one of a kind, original fo sho, the way they rap and everything, Cassidy right there between mainstream and underground considering aint too many punchline emcees on the radio, Missy Eliot is a class of her fuckin own, she always has hot fuckin beats on her shit, Black Eye Peashave changed sence when they use to collab with De La and Talib Kweli n such, but its also nice stuff.......

those artists suck horrible ass, especially Bobby Valentino, but w/e you like it, your opinion

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

wu-tang's music is ageless

"Even if I bleed to death I can't die
    Not even if I fell from ten stories high
    Yo, I'ma rule the underground or get shot trying
    No matter how many times I get hit with the hot iron
    I'm not dyin'!" - Sticky Fingaz

your attiutude is horrible, grow up kid

My attitude is if it's not good, it sucks ass and Bobby Valentino is average R&B, nothing I'd stress OK

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

u cant say that that 1st joint from Bobby Valentino is classic? the beat, all of it to me is cool as hell.....easily one of the hottest beats of the year....

and if u care to actually help out and maybe list some possiblitys of some good Modern hip-hop albums, that be usefull, but you sayings he sucks ass, does no justice and no point in arguing with my opinon cause im not lookin for any other opinions....

beat is hot, but he is a average singer.

modern hiphop:
    dipset
    d-block
    saigon
    grafh
    shells
    jae millz
    papoose
    purple city
    kanye

first off Bobby Valentino is NOT HIP HOP AT ALL. He's garbage R&B

secondly these are some good album that have come out recently that you should get
    Kaze & 9th Wonder - Spirit of 94
    Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer
    Masta Killa - No Said Date
    Sean Price - Monkey Barz
    Buckshot - Chemistry
    One Be Lo - SONOGRAM
    MF DOOM - (Fuck that, all the shit he's come out with in the past couple of years?)
    fuck there is a lot of shit that's come out this is what comes to my head, all recent, all classic or near it