Thread: Y are all the movie superheroes from NY?

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Default Y are all the movie superheroes from NY?

Now they can't do a Spiderman meets Fantastic Four movie. That wouldve been dope. Any superheroes not from NY?(No hate)

Batman - Gotham City

Superman - Metrolopolis.... though i am cheating here as these are D.C superheros. most of the D.C ones are not real Cities.

Talking about MARVEL heros, am sure XMEN since they are from all around the world , HULK and Punisher may not be from N.Y..

but i never thought about it before how much of the MARVEL characters are from the East Coast.. is Blade?

this is because of Stan Lee's love for N.Y i guess
    Last edited by TheCat; 07-29-2007 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Now they can't do a Spiderman meets Fantastic Four movie. That wouldve been dope. Any superheroes not from NY?(No hate)
    All the superhero movies you have seen that have been set in NY are property of Marvel. The main office is in NY, when Stan Lee and others were creating their characters, they decided to set them in the city they saw when they looked out of their window. The reason for this was that they thought having to invent entire citys for their hero's to populate would just be a hassle, and since they were very familiar with NY they just thought why not.

Not all of Marvel's heros are restricted to NY, Iron Man and Hulk being prime examples.

Marvel has recently opened up their own film division and the first movies to come from their staple will be Iron Man and the new Hulk movie which both are set to be released next year.
    What makes this such good news is that because they are gonna be released under Marvel directly (as opposed to Spider-Man and Fantastic 4 which are both controlled by movie studios since they own the movie rights despite being Marvel characters)They will either feature other Marvel characters or make refference to them. This has already been confirmed for both Iron Man and Hulk.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

I hadn't realised Marvel are going to start making the films themselves, thats great to hear. It'd be interesting for Iron Man to mingle with the Avengers team and the like, maybe that would be a good way to drag Spiderman back from the toilet even it were only a brief cameo.

Chicks dig giant robots

re
    Quote Originally Posted by TAURO, DA GRIM LATIN View Post
    All the superhero movies you have seen that have been set in NY are property of Marvel. The main office is in NY, when Stan Lee and others were creating their characters, they decided to set them in the city they saw when they looked out of their window. The reason for this was that they thought having to invent entire citys for their hero's to populate would just be a hassle, and since they were very familiar with NY they just thought why not.

Not all of Marvel's heros are restricted to NY, Iron Man and Hulk being prime examples.

Marvel has recently opened up their own film division and the first movies to come from their staple will be Iron Man and the new Hulk movie which both are set to be released next year.
    What makes this such good news is that because they are gonna be released under Marvel directly (as opposed to Spider-Man and Fantastic 4 which are both controlled by movie studios since they own the movie rights despite being Marvel characters)They will either feature other Marvel characters or make refference to them. This has already been confirmed for both Iron Man and Hulk.
    Where are Hulk and Ironman from? thnx for the info. I wanna see some collab movies. What do u think a good team up would be
    '

re

Where are Hulk and Ironman from?
    '
    Iron Man aka Tony Stark has an office in NY but he also operates in LA and other parts of the country.

Hulk is not located in just one place, but like one person said before Arizona is a major focus area.

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMus Da MaNtis View Post
    Punisher_ Florida
    Thats the movie version, because the had a low budget, they couldn't afford to film in NY, but Punisher is from NY too.

Method Man

They should make a superhero collab movie.

metropolis and gotham are both facsimiles of new york city, and the answer is nyc is the greatest city in the world and des moines would be a terrible backdrop for a superhero story.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMus Da MaNtis View Post
    Punisher_ Florida
    I thought Frank Castle was from Queens.
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

They should make a superhero collab movie.
    They are currently setting it up with the Avengers (Marvel) All the movies coming from the Marvel film division are gonna lead up to an Avengers movie.

Also a Justice League (DC) script has been approved, and according to latino review, they seemed to have found a director for the project. There are rumors circulating that Warner Bros want to make JL a priority over a Superman sequel.

Method Man

the x men mansion is @ westchester , NY or somethign like that

and S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters is in the sky

weapon x was based in canada

excalibur in england
    Last edited by Nick Fury; 08-02-2007 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCat View Post
    Batman - Gotham City

Superman - Metrolopolis.... though i am cheating here as these are D.C superheros. most of the D.C ones are not real Cities.

Talking about MARVEL heros, am sure XMEN since they are from all around the world , HULK and Punisher may not be from N.Y..

but i never thought about it before how much of the MARVEL characters are from the East Coast.. is Blade?

this is because of Stan Lee's love for N.Y i guess
    both metropolis and gotham ar3e supposed to be in the state NY

prolly cuz in certain places new york is a bad place to live so maybe they shud put a super hero in compton LAUGHS
    Last edited by Lil' Ruger; 08-05-2007 at 10:36 AM.

Killbot Beats 2008 NIGGGAAAAAAAAA
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=842145
    Lawrlz Ya Sniffs???

"we laptop nigga, thugs on a computer." -TheShaolinAssassin

Quote Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz View Post
    I thought Frank Castle was from Queens.
    he is but his vacation in the movie when his fam died might have been in FL

Killbot Beats 2008 NIGGGAAAAAAAAA
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=842145
    Lawrlz Ya Sniffs???

"we laptop nigga, thugs on a computer." -TheShaolinAssassin

Supermans creator was from Cleveland and the Daily Planet Building was modeled after a skyscraper downtown. Metropolis to me can represent any big city in America, much like Springfield in the Simpsons represents 'Anytown, USA'.

Gotham City is its own city, very similar to NYC but also similar to older Northern and Eastern cities in the US.