once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 104

Thread: Worst Sin?

  1. #61
    Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Shadowland
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7,517
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    "Supernatural" by definition means that it's beyond what is natural. If gods, ghosts, demons, etc. were explainable by physical phenomena, the term "supernatural" no longer applies.

    If there are things that defy the very matter and physical laws that make up existence, then our sensory organs would have no way of perceiving them since they operate though natural phenomena.

    Why would I care if they reveal themselves to me? That's their perogative if they want to show themselves. If I were a "supernatural being" I would want skeptics to know I exist and explain why I can somehow operate in their plane of reality while defying its physical laws. Why is it that "gods" and "angels" seem to reveal themselves to unquestioning sheep who are willing to believe in vague fancies and unfounded delusions?

    I suppose it's possible for something to exist outside our own faculty of awareness, but if so, it's fairly futile to make a guess at what that thing would be. People try to justify the existence of gods or souls, or whatever as things beyond human comprehension. If that's what it is, then why are you trying to pin it down under a human definition?

    Obviously I can't be 100% sure the supernatural is nonexistant, but things that are unfalsifiable are also unprovable. It's existence isn't important enough to me if it's impossible to prove it true or false. Maybe one day we'll have the knowledge to decode such things, but until then I don't care about it.
    Well then:

    We've established that if super-natural beings exist, then they are no longer super natural but a natural part of our universe.

    If this is the case then the reason you can't experience them is because your tuned out from the correct frequecies.

    Wi-Fi and other wireless signals allows us to communicate over long distances. Just because we don't have our Nintendo Wii plugged in doesn't mean Bloo Hook isn't trying to mail me some new Mii's from florida.

    Laws dictate that I must have my Wii plugged in with the correct Mac address programmed for my dongle to recieve the message.

    Maybe it's time you get plugged in and experience what someone is trying to mail you.
    Last edited by Slippy The Pimp; 09-03-2007 at 02:56 PM.

  2. #62
    2000 B.C. Huggasaurus Sex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    on a website's forum, seriously
    Posts
    3,071
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    LOL!

    end thread



    more akbar

  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy Capalini View Post
    Well then:

    We've established that if super-natural beings exist, then they are no longer super natural but a natural part of our universe.

    If this is the case then the reason you can't experience them is because your tuned out from the correct frequecies.

    Wi-Fi and other wireless signals allows us to communicate over long distances. Just because we don't have our Nintendo Wii plugged in doesn't mean Bloo Hook isn't trying to mail me some new Mii's from florida.

    Laws dictate that I must have my Wii plugged in with the correct Mac address programmed for my dongle to recieve the message.

    Maybe it's time you get plugged in and experience what someone is trying to mail you.
    Nah, I don't have much interest in associating with spooks in the sky.

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LHX View Post
    agreed

    but telling a lie and animalistic 'deception' are 2 completely different things

    do eternal beings have a innate desire to spread a seed?

    some people suggest that death is the price you pay for busting a nut

    i agree with what you say about lifetime bonds
    but
    i disagree with the notion of 'innate desires'


    actually
    you touch on a few different things here

    there is reason to believe that children dont really 'want' anything more than a experience

    a child wants to experience playing a nintendo because it appears to be stimulating and can seem to be a life-enhancing benefit


    which reduces your analogy to a question of whether it is standard for a person to want to do/feel better in their existence

    to which the answer is yes

    (but i see your point
    clever marketing can make something appear that it will make life better even tho it doesnt
    so this coveting is still based on a flawed perception
    which has its roots in lies)
    There's no such thing as an eternal being.

    Whoever told you it was "wrong" or you'll be punished for busting a nut is a delusional tool.


    Throw all that bull shit out and just enjoy the only life you have.

  5. #65
    Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,266
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    There's no such thing as an eternal being.

    Whoever told you it was "wrong" or you'll be punished for busting a nut is a delusional tool.


    Throw all that bull shit out and just enjoy the only life you have.
    Good ol' Roman theology.

    "Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven

  6. #66
    Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,266
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palehorse View Post
    ive learned alot about myself by observing what the illuminati does not want me to know. spirit is eternal. the flesh is weak. i am much more the amino acids and stem cells. the first law of thermodynamics is energy cant be created or destroyed. transformed and mutated yes. i am at my fundamental being a complex and dynamic design of energy.

    "Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven

  7. #67
    Fuck your thing Sexy Jasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    niggershire
    Posts
    4,426
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LHX View Post
    less is more
    HAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!


  8. #68
    healthy merking LHX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,792
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    There's no such thing as an eternal being.

    Whoever told you it was "wrong" or you'll be punished for busting a nut is a delusional tool.


    Throw all that bull shit out and just enjoy the only life you have.
    who said there is anything wrong with busting a nut?

    man
    its hard to maintain a discussion with people who insert things at their own convenience



    all i said was that there is some who suggest that the trade off is death


    so the real question is
    whats so worrisome about death?


    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    There's no such thing as an eternal being.
    dam yo

    you got jipped


    if i were you - id go back to the manufacturer and tell them you want your money back
    Last edited by LHX; 09-03-2007 at 10:58 PM.
    your mother's dick

  9. #69
    healthy merking LHX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,792
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    its incredible how many people you see willing to settle for these inferior products



    even on a Wu site
    motherfuckers be actin like they never heard of a bulletproof wallet
    your mother's dick

  10. #70
    Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Shadowland
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7,517
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Nah, I don't have much interest in associating with spooks in the sky.
    Spooks in the sky?

    Who told you the sky was spooky?

    Don't be afraid.

  11. #71

    Default

    i suppose the concept that there are creatures that posses a higher level of "greatness" than human beings is daunting to some due to the fact it places us on a lower level. this cannot be accepted as there must be definitive limits. without definitive limits anything is possible, and if man cannot achieve something then it can not be achieved period.

    personally, i do not believe the human race is the pinnacle of existence.

  12. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy Capalini View Post
    Spooks in the sky?

    Who told you the sky was spooky?

    Don't be afraid.
    Afraid of what? How can I fear what I don't believe in? I used the term "spook" as an insulting euphemism for supernatural entities some people might hold sacred.

    Obviously I fear what every other human fears: death, the unknown, helplessness in a chaotic world, etc. The difference is that I don't need fairy tales to help me cope with it. Instead I rely on skeptical inquiry, humanitarian philosophy, a healthy dose of cyncism and absdurdism, and - most importantly - creativity. I am a writer and I like to create works of art. I like to experience life and comment on it. I like to tell stories or provoke thought. That's how I derive meaning out of an existence that is essentially absurd.

    Fuck your gods, demons, angels, spirits, whatever. They have no will over my individuality. Only my upbringing, environment, and psychological makeup control my path in life.

  13. #73

    Default

    Pride (negative pride, not self-esteem)- it is why Iblis wouldn't submit.

    It is the barrier to knowledg we choose to impose on ourselves.

    Vanity is nothing more than physical pride.
    Wisdom is better than rubies and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it

  14. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SubtleEnergies View Post
    Pride (negative pride, not self-esteem)- it is why Iblis wouldn't submit.

    It is the barrier to knowledg we choose to impose on ourselves.

    Vanity is nothing more than physical pride.
    Iblis is not real buddy. Stop placing the problem of evil on a fictional character. The sooner you realize that, the better off you will be making rational decisions in an irrational world.

  15. #75

    Default

    Damn I Forgot I Posted This A While Ago..
    Interesting Feedback For Sure..
    Of Course I Stopped Talking To George Due To The Fact That He Was Always Disrespecting Me And Bringing Negative Energy In My Cypher.. But I Appreciate All Who Took The Time To Read And Voice Out Their Opinion.
    JusticEquality

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •