once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Qigong

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=john+chang

Don't know what to make of stuff like this.
    Wisdom is better than rubies and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it

This guy may be a quack, but I believe it's possible. Ever heard of tumo? People say lamas perform/practice this and they can make themselves sweat even when they're half buck naked and surrounded in snow.

Tumo is the Tibetan Buddhist technique of keeping warm.

The technique enables you to keep warm in spite of snow, freezing winds and ice.

Tumo is a meditation that channels mystical heat through the veins, arteries and nerve channels which enables you to remain warm during these freezing conditions.

The Tibetan Buddhists believe that knowledge of Tumo sharpens the mental faculties of perception and intuition.

Yeah....I am sceptical. But I don't TOTALLY rule it out. My teacher I have been told does some weird things...

Who knows I guess. But I don't trust most people claiming weird shit whether it is possible or not.
    Wisdom is better than rubies and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it

the guy in the first video used basic chemistry to perform a magic trick.

the guy in the video above is using hypnosis to make people believe he has special invisible powers.

tibetan buddhists can claim tumo keeps them warm all they want but does it prevent frostbite? who'd like to get out there in subzero conditions and show me?

study qi not to become an x-men reject but because it can help you focus your mind, which is more useful than any parlor trick.

more akbar

up