once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

View Poll Results: Ice Water - Polluted Wisdom

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic

    0 0%
  • Superior

    0 0%
  • Banger

    1 33.33%
  • Average

    1 33.33%
  • Mediocore

    0 0%
  • Wack

    1 33.33%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 52

Thread: Ice Water - Polluted Wisdom

  1. #16
    aka PROFIT venex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,046
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckshotstheone View Post
    haha

    shows what i wish i was listening to at the time

    mind is always on the wu, even when the wu be fuckin' up
    I like your mindstate
    Shaolin shadowboxin' and the wu-tang swordstyle...
    If what you say is true...
    The shaolin and the wu-tang could be dangerous!
    En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...

  2. #17
    Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Monster Island
    Posts
    6,949
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junius View Post
    AZ presents... Begetz was crap too.

    any ya'll checked out this horrible LOOKING Immortal Technique presents...

    i forget, some Brooklyn dude nobody i know seems to be down with.

    Streetlife i thought was at least half-excellent... the rest half-assed.
    If it's the Immortal Technique presents Poison Pen album you're talking about, then I heard it was fuckin nice. Poison Pen is a quality mc.
    Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 08-29-2007 at 12:13 PM.

  3. #18

    Default

    don't forget the Sunz Of Man Presents Hell RAZAH & 4TH dISCIPLE (Freedom Of Speech) that CD was dope too, probably one of the best on that X-Ray/cleopatra label

  4. #19
    Wise to da game crass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,637
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Uh did anybody listen to Lex Diamond Story and expect the Ice Water album to not totally suck?

  5. #20
    GENERAL WISE
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crass View Post
    Uh did anybody listen to Lex Diamond Story and expect the Ice Water album to not totally suck?


    I can see why you think Lex Diamond Story is a sub-par album, and because it is Raekwon's latest album, you don't want to see another album like that in Rae's future efforts.

    This however is not the case, his Vatican mixtapes, in any Hip Hop fan's opinion, have been extremely enjoyable and are successful in that they created hype for Only Built For Cuban Linx Part II, Plus THEY ARE RECENT.

    I don't see how you could have picked (randomly) one of Rae's worst efforts and associated it with Polluted Water.

    If it was Rae's latest material, then through inductive reasoning you can say "
    Uh did anybody listen to Lex Diamond Story and expect the Ice Water album to not totally suck?"

    But thats not the case, therefore you cannot say that because Lex Diamond is bad (Lex Diamond being a NOT-SO-RECENT album), Raekwon's current projects are going to mimic the wackness of the Lex Diamond Story.

    Actually, Lex Diamond Story isn't wack at all, but if you think so who am I to judge.
    Last edited by GENERAL WISE; 08-25-2007 at 02:09 AM.

  6. #21
    Wise to da game crass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,637
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    It don't vibe, man, and I can't jive.

    Nah man, I'm not talking about Rae. I'm saying that Ice Water was weak on LDS, and that if people didn't dig them on that LP, then why would they expect their LP to be on a different style?
    Last edited by crass; 08-25-2007 at 02:12 AM.

  7. #22
    GENERAL WISE
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crass View Post
    It don't vibe, man, and I can't jive.

    Nah man, I'm not talking about Rae. I'm saying that Ice Water was weak on LDS, and that if people didn't dig them on that LP, then why would they expect their LP to be on a different style?

    Thats cool, I just hope that they leave Ice Water off Only Built For Cuban Linx II, that needs to be a Raekwon Feat. Wu-Tang affair only.

  8. #23
    And in the end..? Kriszy Substance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Relocated
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,382
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Apologies for interrupting what seems to be a well informed discussion...but I have a few questions and am hoping someone can help me out:

    1. I haven't heard any of this Vatican mixtape stuff...give me a little run down if you can please (last mixtape type thing I got was that Heron Only proj) Does the Vatican mixtape stuff have dj's shouting over and in between tracks? And also, what do you mean by it hyping for OB4CL2? Are there new tracks and shit or what? (by the way, thanks HeyZeus for the Ras Kass input in that other thread).

    I guess the second isn't really a question but more a jumbled thought...ok, so it seems a lot of people are not feeling this Icewater stuff at all...for a few reasons. I haven't even checked out any of their songs so I suppose I should do my research, which I will...when does this album drop? Also, I find it interesting that people are wondering why Rae did this and are calling it commercial or whatever...but then you see that interview with RZA where he said Rae was kind of the bad guy in charge so to speak...and Rae was calling something some "Black Eyed Peas" shit...and now I have no idea what to think, which is cool....

  9. #24
    GENERAL WISE
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kriszy Substance View Post
    Apologies for interrupting what seems to be a well informed discussion...but I have a few questions and am hoping someone can help me out:

    1. I haven't heard any of this Vatican mixtape stuff...give me a little run down if you can please (last mixtape type thing I got was that Heron Only proj) Does the Vatican mixtape stuff have dj's shouting over and in between tracks? And also, what do you mean by it hyping for OB4CL2? Are there new tracks and shit or what? (by the way, thanks HeyZeus for the Ras Kass input in that other thread).

    I guess the second isn't really a question but more a jumbled thought...ok, so it seems a lot of people are not feeling this Icewater stuff at all...for a few reasons. I haven't even checked out any of their songs so I suppose I should do my research, which I will...when does this album drop? Also, I find it interesting that people are wondering why Rae did this and are calling it commercial or whatever...but then you see that interview with RZA where he said Rae was kind of the bad guy in charge so to speak...and Rae was calling something some "Black Eyed Peas" shit...and now I have no idea what to think, which is cool....

    Well, the Vatican Mixtapes have been Rae's (some would say) best mixtapes for Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II.

    2 are already released:

    The Vatican Mixtape V1
    The Da Vinci Code: The Vatican Mixtape V2

    and one is going to be released soon w/ Rae saying that in includes unreleased tracks from the 93'-95'

    House of Wax: The Vatican Mixtape V3

    I would say download them (because they are quite expensive for Mixtapes) and they do have DJ's (Clue etc)
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_m/...0&Go.y=0&Go=Go


    If you haven't heard Ras Kass' Soul on Ice, I suggest you check that out. IMHO it is a 5 mic classic and it has a cult following, although you might be offended by Nature of the Threat.




    This Ice Water album is pretty good for a mainstream hip hop listener, but it doesn't do anything outside the norm, therefore a lot of people including me at times (Elitist Backpackers/ Nerd hip hop fans) It is a hit miss album and Rae is trying to do his thing to get these dudes some mainstream attention rather than the usual internet hip hop fan's attention.

  10. #25
    And in the end..? Kriszy Substance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Relocated
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,382
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Free_HeyZeus View Post

    Actually, Lex Diamond Story isn't wack at all, but if you think so who am I to judge.

    That made me laugh. Where are the barfing smilies? lol. I love HeyZeus's entertaining and passionate opinions.

    Thanks for the info. Have not heard Soul on Ice but I will check it out with that kind of talk behind it. Muchas Gracias.

    Icewater...still mixed feelings but I will most likely get it.

  11. #26
    rockin old ponys pep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,763
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vahacris View Post
    offtopic (cuz theres not much to be said about this polluted crap LP)....

    yo ben do you have some info about that animated gif in your sig. i talkin' bout this one with baby-u fuckin' with rza. ive seen it forst time and i just wonder how it ends up ;]......
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw-GQBNJ3nA..there you go homie...

  12. #27

    Default

    im surprised alot of people actually admitted that this album was garbage. alot of people on this msg board are wu dick riders and whatever that has their name attached to it they say that its a classic or that its fire. So when everyone actually addmitted that this album was garbage i was very surprised.

    I guess wu finally released an album soooooo shitty that even the biggest dick rider had no choice to say that it sucks.

  13. #28
    Non Ignorant Jeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Urban's, Gigy's, Queen's, Roze's wildest dreams
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,493
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shyheim69 View Post
    im surprised alot of people actually admitted that this album was garbage. alot of people on this msg board are wu dick riders and whatever that has their name attached to it they say that its a classic or that its fire. So when everyone actually addmitted that this album was garbage i was very surprised.

    I guess wu finally released an album soooooo shitty that even the biggest dick rider had no choice to say that it sucks.
    Where you hear when Freemurda's album dropped?LOL

    Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
    New and Improved Cool List : Everybody
    The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved

  14. #29

    Default

    forget the post i made earlier. there is a whole fucking thread dedicated to how good this garbage album is. i cant believe these people.

    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41265

  15. #30
    Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Monster Island
    Posts
    6,949
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    Ha ha. Dunno what the final cover art is/was, but if they used this, then the 'Raekwon presents Ice Water' thing is taken even further.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •