Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What the fuck is it about 2pac.....

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Bg_Knocc_Out View Post

Big L > 2Pac
    cosign

want some deep shit?

go listen to How Will I Make It or Alone by Big L

u never lived his struggle , threw ur eyes he is just a normal man , to somebody else eyes 2pac is something else.
    http://www.openentrance.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/jay-z-beyonce-0614073.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    That gets chav's, and people who dont have a clue about hip-hop all excited? I mean, some of these people have never even heard of Nas, but yet have every single thing 2pac has relesed and think he's a god?.

I remember listening to Wu in some flat i lived in and one of my friends (whose one of those people above) said 'turn that shit off', 'who the fuck is that anyways?'. I said its Wu Tang, and he started laughing and goes 'there shit, 2pac's the best, hes way better than any of that crap you listen to. Why would you listen to any other rap when you could listen to 2pac?' I thought that was the most fuckin stupid and ignorant thing i ever heard.

I have 'All Eyez On Me' and 'Me Against The World', and thought there was nothing special at all about him. As someone said here before hes a good writer, but as a rapper hes not as good as people make him out to be. His flow and voice are annoying at times, and his lyrics are good but nothing outstanding.

So why the fuck do all these dance music heads and non hip-hop heads love him so much, and dont care for other hip-hop at all?

Tupac personified an attitude, mentality, and spirit that is funamentally human, and people recognize that.

Tupac wasn't a rapper that just got on the mic and spit a bunch of clever shit, he was a movement and a mentality and that's why he touched the nerve of this generation, he defined it.

Tupac is a thousand years beyond Nas. You people like Nas more cause that style is your cup of tea, i do too so it's all good, but you have to recognize that Tupac was on a mission to change the world by reaching the masses with a message of rebellion and has reached the masses so well that in the future it's estimated that 80% of the world's nations' leader's would be Tupac fans, or have been fans in their youth.

i also think Nas idolized Tupac while he was alive and obviously after. A lot of concepts that were on illmatic were roughdrafted on 2Pacalypsenow

and come on, Big L was just a punchline machine, the best and first punchline machine ever, but his whole catalog can't fuck with Part Time Motha

and im a WAY bigger Big L fan then a tupac fan(which i hardly listen to..but acknowledge the facts)

plus nobody on Wucorp has good taste except Pep, Hollow Darts and TGambino.

or atleast taste that isn't based of unbudgable white biases.

^^I agree on the Big L thing (i prefer L too), and i think as a performer and taking into account what he stood for, and the fact that his influence reaches far beyond the world of hip-hop he is ahead of Nas, but as an MC, taking into acc the usual things (lyrics, flow etc) Nas is the better of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
    Tupac wasn't a rapper that just got on the mic and spit a bunch of clever shit, he was a movement and a mentality and that's why he touched the nerve of this generation, he defined it.

but you have to recognize that Tupac was on a mission to change the world by reaching the masses with a message of rebellion and has reached the masses so well that in the future it's estimated that 80% of the world's nations' leader's would be Tupac fans, or have been fans in their youth.
    This is true, and this is the reason 2pac is what he is. But why stop there? Why do these fans of Pac's music not ever listen to other hip-hop? I know people that are big Eminem and 50 Cent fans, but they will listen to other hip-hop and judge it fairley. These Pac fans already have it in their head that everything else is shit compared to him, so they dont even bother listening.

Big L was just a punchline machine, the best and first punchline machine ever
    he wasn't the first, but he is arguably the best

Tupac personified an attitude, mentality, and spirit that is funamentally human, and people recognize that.

Tupac is a thousand years beyond Nas. You people like Nas more cause that style is your cup of tea, i do too so it's all good, but you have to recognize that Tupac was on a mission to change the world by reaching the masses with a message of rebellion and has reached the masses so well that in the future it's estimated that 80% of the world's nations' leader's would be Tupac fans, or have been fans in their youth.

i also think Nas idolized Tupac while he was alive and obviously after. A lot of concepts that were on illmatic were roughdrafted on 2Pacalypsenow

co-sign!

Respect to Quiet Storm for the signature

^^I agree on the Big L thing (i prefer L too), and i think as a performer and taking into account what he stood for, and the fact that his influence reaches far beyond the world of hip-hop he is ahead of Nas, but as an MC, taking into acc the usual things (lyrics, flow etc) Nas is the better of the two.

This is true, and this is the reason 2pac is what he is. But why stop there? Why do these fans of Pac's music not ever listen to other hip-hop? I know people that are big Eminem and 50 Cent fans, but they will listen to other hip-hop and judge it fairley. These Pac fans already have it in their head that everything else is shit compared to him, so they dont even bother listening.

Perhaps because he reached them on such a level that no other artist did so they have a loyality to the guy.

Respect to Quiet Storm for the signature

Mauling Panda's Rampage Dominus Santorini's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO, DA GRIM LATIN View Post
    Tupac was a good emcee, I liked his style at the time. Pac had alot of character which is why people were drawn to his music. It's like Eminem, it's not because he was white that made him successful, it was because he has character. Artists with these types of personalitie,s regardless of genre of music, are always going to intrigue outsiders, this is what separates a regular artist from an icon.
    I agree with this analysis

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoGnom View Post
    2pac sounds like Willie D.
    what can i say. i like willie d too dammit. lol

DJ /Tastemaker/Asskicker J-Ronin's Avatar

somebody said Canibus has no flow. That is far from the truth. He has little charisma and his cadence is weird. His rhymes are also too complex often for a more casual fan.

Back to Pac. He was great. He had so much charisma, heart and soul. People loved his music for that. He's an icon for rap like Bob Marley is for reggae. A lot of people who don't know shit about hip-hop will listen to Pac just like people who don't know shit about reggae listen to Marley, people who don't know shit about country listen to Johnny Cash. People who know nothing about metal know some led zepplin and black sabbath. Thats how it goes guys. People dibble and dabble with genres of music but many of them never really explore those genres and really get into the music . They are just getting thier feet wet. Some of them are ignorant, some of them are not really into music that much. Thats how shit goes

Some people only listen to Wu-tang, Killa Bees and all kinds of weird wannabe affiliates and they don't listen to any other hip-hop. Now that is sad as well!
    ALL ELEMENTS vol. 12 hosted by M.O.P. out now!! - vol.11 hosted by Jadakiss in stores now
    www.twitter.com/jronin
    www.twitter.com/savkillz

bingo.

you just defined wu-corp. Wu-tang touched a lot of ppl how here more so then other rappers and therefore it's hard for the ppl on here to get into all the new shit coming out by new artists or check out other artists because we know they won't have the same effect

this is the same as the tupac ppl, it's just a sense of loyalty and a preference for a style that's unique even tho it's been copied a lot.

PRODIGAL SUN 2L8Lit da croatianMC's Avatar

That gets chav's, and people who dont have a clue about hip-hop all excited? I mean, some of these people have never even heard of Nas, but yet have every single thing 2pac has relesed and think he's a god?.

I remember listening to Wu in some flat i lived in and one of my friends (whose one of those people above) said 'turn that shit off', 'who the fuck is that anyways?'. I said its Wu Tang, and he started laughing and goes 'there shit, 2pac's the best, hes way better than any of that crap you listen to. Why would you listen to any other rap when you could listen to 2pac?' I thought that was the most fuckin stupid and ignorant thing i ever heard.

I have 'All Eyez On Me' and 'Me Against The World', and thought there was nothing special at all about him. As someone said here before hes a good writer, but as a rapper hes not as good as people make him out to be. His flow and voice are annoying at times, and his lyrics are good but nothing outstanding.

So why the fuck do all these dance music heads and non hip-hop heads love him so much, and dont care for other hip-hop at all?

Tupac is overrated. strongest hardcore album is Strictly 4 My Niggaz, mos def.
    I C.R.E.A.M

PRODIGAL SUN 2L8Lit da croatianMC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaqurakiHanamichi View Post
    u never lived his struggle , threw ur eyes he is just a normal man , to somebody else eyes 2pac is something else.
    pac is and icon, amost every ppl find they selfs in, especially, shallow rap listeners... which aint bad...
    I C.R.E.A.M