once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

View Poll Results: So who is the best Wu-Tang rapper?

Voters
395. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raekwon

19 4.81%
  • Ghostface

81 20.51%
  • GZA

82 20.76%
  • U-God

16 4.05%
  • Method Man

63 15.95%
  • Masta Killa

16 4.05%
  • Inspectah Deck

32 8.10%
  • RZA

63 15.95%
  • Ol' Dirty Bastard

23 5.82%
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think is the best Wu-Tang Rapper???

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyIronman View Post
    fuckin true

people dont respect Rae on this board

tied with U-God? bwahhahaha

I had to vote for Ghost though, I think hes a significantly better than anyone else in the clan
    Yeah It Was Close Between Ghost & Rza To Me... Ghost Has One Of The Best Deliveries Ever... Mad Mic Comfort... And The Lingo Is Crazy... I Love Having To Play A Track Over & Over Sometimes Just To Understand What He's Saying...

Tracks Like:
    *Cobra Clutch
    *One <--- (3rd Verse Is Classic)
    *Mighty Healthy
    Last edited by Dwyck; 03-30-2008 at 08:41 AM.

Rza has many different Styles and is more like an Hip Hop Scientist:
    We know that he can flow ---> Rzarectah
    He can spit knowledge
    He is one of the Best if not the Best Producer on Earth (OBFCL, LS, 36 , Ghost Dog blabla)
    He is the Musical Director of Clan Albums
    Has Different Styles : Diggaz, Digi , Rza

Method Man:
    Definition of a thru MC:
    Best Flow
    Dope Lyrics
    Very Good Live Performance

so as an artist Rza wins

^ Agreed... When Wu-Tang First Dropped... Meth Was Untouchable... But Rza's Approach To Music Grew On Me As Time Went On... And Now With Everything That's Happened Lately Clan Wise... I'm Only Really Looking Forward To His Last 2 Solos...

It May Have Been Due To The Let Down Of Meth's Last Few Albums... I Didn't Think He Was Ever Capable Of Making Such Disappointing Projects... But Some Of His Tracks Were Awful... Kinda Sad When I Skip Most Of His Tracks... And 4:21 Wasn't As Bad As The 2 Before It... But It Wasn't Great Either...

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Quote Originally Posted by Dwyck View Post
    And Birth Of A Prince Is The Most Underrated Album On This Forum...
    I Agree 100%

Half Bobby Digital

Half Prince Rakeem

Sorry You Feel That Way... But I Don't Feel Any Of His Verses Are "Lackluster" And The Offbeat Flow Is Intentional And Ill IMO...

fair enough, but dont let me catch you complaining about anyone elses flow if you dont mind Rza's. so many people here hate on 9th prince for his flow and they turn around and suck Rza off.

You Need To Go Listen To His Solos Again Dude...

i own all of them and actually enjoy 2 out of 3 of them, but a lot more for the beats than the lyrics. BOAP had those same crappy lyrics but the beats sucked. thats the one bobby album i dont care for.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

^ Well Out Of Curiosity... What Is It About His Lyrics That You Find Disappointing..?

And I Haven't Heard The 9th Prince Album Completely... But I'll Give It A Listen... I Enjoyed All The Killarmy Albums So Maybe It's Pretty Good... Only Flow Technique I Don't Really Dig Fully Off The Top Of My Head Is U-God... I Mean He Has His Moments... But Usually He Just Speaks In Some Broken Power Trip Type Grammer... Rarely Has A Meaning... Just A Bunch Of Cool Cliche Type... I Dunno... And Some Of The Newer Guys I'm Not Feeling Either...

im a fan of the whole clan but honestly and truthfully speaking... i would have to say Ghostface and Method Man are my favorite mainly because they are consistent with dropping albums.

I love ghostface because of his imagery and his wordplay he displays and his rhymes.

Method man is just lol ridiculous when it comes to his lyrics....he has this cocky sorta braggadacio way of rhyming i like about him.

Btw, i vote for Ghostface Killah

lmfao@ cats mad that rza is taking this,you best believe it motherfuckers!!sit back and let the ruler dominate!!
    42E4GQ9rC90">42E4GQ9rC90" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

https://soundcloud.com/graveyardshif...prod-by-king-h

^^^^^BREAKING IN 2017

^ Well Out Of Curiosity... What Is It About His Lyrics That You Find Disappointing..?
    lyrically he isnt any better than your average drug, sex, and materialism rapper. i understand that such subjects fit the bobby character but he's not even good at it. raekwon and ghostface rhyme about the same stuff but they're 100x better.

then he goes to his specialty which is the "knowledge" rap and its the same old cliches. "the black man is god, the white man is evil, allah is great"....WOW, dopest verse ever. it works for him because fans are suckers for 5% rhetoric. gotta do more then rap some lines from the 120 to impress me.

i will say his verse on "you cant stop me now" was one of his better verses in a while.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

DEVIL BASTARD!!! PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackOfHearts View Post
    he's a whiney fat twat
    hater

Quote Originally Posted by SMH View Post
    Rza has many different Styles and is more like an Hip Hop Scientist:
    We know that he can flow ---> Rzarectah
    He can spit knowledge
    He is one of the Best if not the Best Producer on Earth (OBFCL, LS, 36 , Ghost Dog blabla)
    He is the Musical Director of Clan Albums
    Has Different Styles : Diggaz, Digi , Rza

Method Man:
    Definition of a thru MC:
    Best Flow
    Dope Lyrics
    Very Good Live Performance

so as an artist Rza wins
    What you smokin SMH? you said all that shit, and then completely missed the target by saying RZA wins the best artist..the question is 'WHOS THE BEST RAPPER' so by what you said...you think method man is the best rapper..damn crack heads

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard_shifter View Post
    lmfao@ cats mad that rza is taking this,you best believe it motherfuckers!!sit back and let the ruler dominate!!
    yeah yeah graveyardie, we all know RZA dominates the scene but alot of wu members spit better and more lyrically diverse rhymes..if ya were to ask RZA who he thinks is the best rapper then my bets on him saying GZA. I guess we all look for different things in MC's.

so meth's on 39 and RZA's on 40...looks like robert diggs is losing his gap over the rest of em...

lol what about raekwon with 8 votes at this moment??

and come on deck and dirty deserve more votes y'all!!

Quote Originally Posted by BGS View Post
    lol what about raekwon with 8 votes at this moment??

and come on deck and dirty deserve more votes y'all!!
    agreed fam..Rae gets shitted upon on this forum..Most people cant see by his ego to appreciate his rhyming skill..but they seem to do it with GFK.

Rae was leading this poll but only on the first day cos thats when it was only my vote that counted,lmao

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

I can't believe RZA is topping this poll.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

bump-ba-te-bump