Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Country For Old Men

-

Default No Country For Old Men

I saw this this past weekend. It was very good. Tommy Lee Jones, Josh Brolin, Woody Harrelson, Javier Bardem was in this. Javier was a crazy killer and there was a lot of action in this.

How good would you say it is?

Up until the dissappointing ending, the movie is filled with suspense and tension, if the Coen brothers had done things a little different this might just have been a masterpiece, as it is, a very good movie, the way they film the west texas landscapes and the gritty violence makes it worth checking out at the theatre, that still depends though how much endings make or break a movie for you, if it means alot, then I suggest waiting for the rental (or just dl'ing it off of whatever site that's got it)

Support the Real. Click HERE

-

The ending did suck. What was up with Josh Brolin's woman? She looked like a teenager LOL. Javier Bardem was crazy/psychotic. Visions Unseen, remember when he was asking that gas station employer those crazy questions? LOL. Another scene i thought was weird was when Javier was driving down the street when the light was green and he got hit by a car. He got out of the car and he had a bone sticking outta his arm. 2 white boys came up to him on their bikes and one of them said mr you got a bone sticking outta your arm LOL. So Javier asked one of the boys for their shirt and he gave him $100 for the shirt. The boy said mr that's a lot of money LOL. Javier said just take it and he walked away with the shirt. So the white boy that took the money, the other white boy said to him, can i have some of that money? LOL.

I don’t remember the last time I watched a two hour film and wished it were fucking longer. I would have been happy if this one had kept going. No Country for Old Men defies categorisation...bit of comedy, bit of mystery, bit of social commentary, it can’t be thrown into just one of those particular genres you know? Like most of the Coen Brothers stuff this one defies being placed in a niche. But it sure as hell works well in every category you might want to name.

It's one of their most serious and thoughtful films, I think, but it just keeps moving ahead, and it managed to keep me off-balance and fascinated throughout. Can't praise the acting enough either. The three leads, Jones, Brolin and Bardem are flat-out fucking brilliant. As for the ending, I didn't see it coming. For me, it took getting used to afterwards. Thinking about it now I think it works. It's an ending that will take for most people (at least, for me) a couple of additional viewings to fully appreciate what the Coens set out to achieve.

going to see it this wknd...

great film, i was gonna make this thread last week...anyway...the ending was kinda meh....but everything else was very exciting...good shit coens.

smoke in your eye

Yeah I saw this a couple of weeks ago, good shit good shit

I was kinda disappointed near the end of the movie. But when the it continued on for another 30mins or so, I became satisfied with the movie over all

Its mos definitely in my top 5 of the year, its worth seeing on the big screen, dont play yourself

1 of my favorite scenes is when the dog is chasing Josh Brolin

Woody Harrelson was a nice surprise as I didnt know he was in the film

& Javier Bardem is an insane delight

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Great acting great writing and overall very good movie that does not follow hollywood cliches

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

just saw this movie last nite.....i agree with everything yall say, the movie was crazy......but i was pissed when the end came, too much shit was left out in the open....other than that prob one of 2007's best movies

definitely one of the best of 2007. there were some seriously tense moments. the characters are all done really well too, especially the murderer. i liked it.
    ]browndogg*]

PRODIGAL SUN

just seen it great movie that takes a dive. it can be seen as anything else as a dissapointment the movie when from action to i don't know what. i enjoyed the movie experience i must admit.
    Unloyal Snakes get thrown in boilin Lakes Of Hot Oil

I really do not understand how anyone can say the ending sucked, what did you expect? Its a real movie, not a Hollywood fart joke. If you actually stop an think about the psychological reasoning behind the entire movie, the ending is perfect.

I loved this movie, I would say 4.8 out of 5.

.Tom Waits
    .Kid Koala
    .Madvillain

Garrett®

Arashikage Clan Storm Shadow Samurai's Avatar

I downloaded the screener and sometimes the screener has different stuff that usually is featured as deleted scenes on DVD. Sometimes different endings like with the haloween screener having a different ending than the theatrical version. So i was wondering or hoping the screener ending was not the same as the theatrical but sounds like it is. Wow great flick wack ending like sopranos finale LOL. Fade to black again booooo.