Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with Immobalarity and Lex Diamonds??

Veteran Member staycreepin_n_silence's Avatar

Default Re: Whats wrong with Immobalarity and Lex Diamonds??

yall say it aint ob4cl but that's not my reason that's actually not an answer. My problem with lex diamond is it's boring and it's simple really the beats are simple the lyrics hard to get into without catching a nap. I can think of only 5 good track. and the rest is smelly booty.

On the real man, most of the people on this site are followers. If everyone started calling those albums classic they would come on some "oh, after listening again those albums are sick." Lex is a good album man. the production was different but not bad. tracks like Pit Bull Fights, Missing Watch, Pa Blow, Clientele Kidd, even Once upon a time have tight production. And for any who say Rae lyrics fell off, its obvious that you just hear music and dont listen to music. Theres a difference. Lets be serious

Lex Diamond story is quite gd Rae hasn't fallen off lyrically his stories r still vivid and he still has a dope flow. Ice Water are a joke they nearly ruined the album but besides them and some poor production on a few songs(ice cream part 2)its quite a decent album.I haven't heard immobalarity yet so i cant comment on that.

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

I think that Immobilarity got its bad reputation from the way it finishes (after track 16 it slides down hill) and also the fact that Rae has OB4CL as his debut. In all honesty this album and Tical 2000 are my most listened to albums in the last couple of years cuz when I first heard these I was expecting clones of the originals and didn't appreciate them till I went back.

LDS is an ok album. Its good to listen to in parts but from beginning to end is difficult cuz tracks like robbery, ice cream pt2 and hood just mess the middle section of this album up. A stronger mid section could possibly have made this cd a good one. Also LDS is weird cuz we don't actually see who Lex is and what his story is in the songs. Most of that is done through the skits.
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

LD was horrible, like 2/10, I didnt like a single track on the whole album. Immobiliarity had a few joints so I'll give it a 5 or 6 but it still was very weak when you think of what Rae is capable of.

Veteran Member

I just think that if you make a classic..you stay with the shit that got you there. No RZA, GHOST, and little clan support..damn, sounds like The Prequel to me. See Ghost was checkin and came with SC, true you dont need a album full of Rza(cant hurt) or the Wu but damn at least let niggas know you still in the Wu..sounds like Mr. Xcitement.

Wu Forever

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

ok most people are sayin the beat is wack "the deaf are only intrigued by the drum"- masta killa

man immobalarity is hot people sayin it needed rza beats how come rza cds are average and they are his beats?????

FRESH FISH

There were a few tracks on Lex Diamonds Story that I liked.. for the most part, it was pretty boring. I'd give it a 6/10.

As for Immobilary, I've always liked that album, though I can see how it didn't live up to its high expectations.. 8/10

I don't hate on any wu album, these just aren't my preferred albums, OB4CL was tight but thats as far as I really like Rae on a solo level....
    Ghostface says fake words, like sprinkle noodles
    on your hembri...the fucks a hembri?

-ThaShaolinAssassin

DEVIL BASTARD!!! PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT's Avatar

You can not deny the Immobilarity's beats where wack, peeps liked it 4 raekwons lyrics which are always on point

Quote Originally Posted by PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
    You can not deny the Immobilarity's beats where wack, peeps liked it 4 raekwons lyrics which are always on point
    I did not mind the beats on IMMOBILARITY.......they were different, RAE really brought a intricate flow to the album to........

......now the beats on LEX DIAMONDS were fuckin awful........they sounded dated as fuck

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts
    A stronger mid section could possibly have made this cd a good one.
    haha... seeing rae fat jokes when there not even there. damn this site
    rza got a catalog y-kim has a pamphlet, & he has the nerve to challenge rza?

shiiiit fool couldn't handle tru mas, or 4th, especially 4th

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Dartz

rza beats how come rza cds are average and they are his beats?????
    Because Rza was on that Bob Digi shit.

Wu Forever

rae neva fell off...but the beats man

the beats is it for those albums...in immo he ripps it up but lex diamonds isn't raekwon rippin shit up...it's no fuckin 7th chamber rae you know? haha he says he's gunna be bringin it back to his ol' style which in my oppinion isn't gunna happen for cube 2...his style has been evolving into some weird shit...all his LATEST guest appearance verses have been off...