Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cross cultural perspectives on school shootings.

Veteran Member

Default cross cultural perspectives on school shootings.

this week in the u.s. there has been a school shooting EVERY day. Imagine that: everyday, someone has rolled up and shot up his school

seeing that many of the ppl on this site live in different different places, can anyone clarify how normal this might be across different places. for example, are ghanians shooting up their schools too?
    Da Universal Magnetic Bitch Oppressor

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"

Wu Vatican

do they have schools to shoot up?
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Veteran Member

yeah ghana has an excellent education system. thanks to nkrumah not the british.

any who... what the fuck is wrong with students in the u.s. weathy country, sick society.

Wu Vatican

i know, i was just foolin.

i think the difference is kids dont see school the way they should these days. its not about learning. its about seeing your friends, fucking around, trying to not be in school. its also a place of tourment for a lot kids. they hate going and being there, not because they dont like learning but because they are rediculed and picked on by cowards.

in a place like ghana, if you dont want to be in school you dont go. my dad grew up in italy, after 5th grade you pick if you want to stay in school or go learn a trade. so most everybody at these schools are there for a reason. they want to learn, they see the value of education. they know if they want to be somebody or do something with their life they must go and try.

i think a lot of those bully type of kids would not be in school if they had the choice. and what be comes of them, that is up to them. but the kids that usually end up shooting these schools up are not the ones who have a good life. they end up feeling so angry at the world. and in this day in age, especially in americans gun culture, with its fixation on violence, they see no better way than to go out in a blaze of glory.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by "...." View Post
    yeah ghana has an excellent education system. thanks to nkrumah not the british.

any who... what the fuck is wrong with students in the u.s. weathy country, sick society.
    Ghana also has the lowest crime rate in the world

and they're stepping their soccer game up big time major

i can't explain school shootings, i don't here about them happening outside the US...mainly outside the US there's no real men, but at the sametime it's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    i know, i was just foolin.

i think the difference is kids dont see school the way they should these days. its not about learning. its about seeing your friends, fucking around, trying to not be in school. its also a place of tourment for a lot kids. they hate going and being there, not because they dont like learning but because they are rediculed and picked on by cowards.

in a place like ghana, if you dont want to be in school you dont go. my dad grew up in italy, after 5th grade you pick if you want to stay in school or go learn a trade. so most everybody at these schools are there for a reason. they want to learn, they see the value of education. they know if they want to be somebody or do something with their life they must go and try.

i think a lot of those bully type of kids would not be in school if they had the choice. and what be comes of them, that is up to them. but the kids that usually end up shooting these schools up are not the ones who have a good life. they end up feeling so angry at the world. and in this day in age, especially in americans gun culture, with its fixation on violence, they see no better way than to go out in a blaze of glory.

exactly, i think that if the US got real and recognized it's wasting money educating a lot of ppl things would change dramatically. but at the same time it keeps a great number of citizens at SOME level of common understanding and knowledge, which is the key to maturing a society.

i think it's a matter of a lot of kids being pussy queefs, independant thinking, gun culture, and insanity.

Veteran Member

Kingston Jamaica, for example, has one of the highest gun-murder rates in the world, yet there has never been a school shooting. Guns are nearly always used to enforce gang contracts or involved in domestic violence.

I think the school shooting phenomenon is a very North American thing, with roots that are not easy to identify, but probably have to do with social alienation - it seems that the stereotype of the revenging social outcast/loser is accurate.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
    Ghana also has the lowest crime rate in the world

and they're stepping their soccer game up big time major

i can't explain school shootings, i don't here about them happening outside the US...mainly outside the US there's no real men, but at the sametime it's sad.
    there have been a couple Canadian versions of the school shooting but they're complete copycat wanker shit. like most Canadian extremism.

The #1 reason is GUNS. Just look in the house of an average american, them dudes got an arsenal at home, there is no other country in the world like that. You can listen to a redneck or a rapper, when they talk about their gun they have a bonner, and trust me there is no politician aming the white house who would be fool enough to say he'd forbid guns, he'd have no chance to be elected.
    The #2 reason is the form of elitism that exist there, my brother who went in highschool there told me in every class, you got some little "nerds" nobody talk to, everybody laugh about and who don't get no girls ... it is a system where there is no place for someone who don't fit the standards of this society. At the end of the day, that generate people who are at the origin of these shooting.
    So, to me the expaination of why these shootings only occur in the US is cultural.
    F.L.I.N.T.

I AM HIPHOP

youth + anger + guns = school shootings
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55138
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54919
    Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm not going post more pictures of my dick, Style. You guys can forget about it!
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Some of ya'll that are having sex without condoms need to be careful because that shit ain't cool having sex with no condoms.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by WU-KILLAH View Post
    The #1 reason is GUNS. Just look in the house of an average american, them dudes got an arsenal at home, there is no other country in the world like that. You can listen to a redneck or a rapper, when they talk about their gun they have a bonner, and trust me there is no politician aming the white house who would be fool enough to say he'd forbid guns, he'd have no chance to be elected.
    The #2 reason is the form of elitism that exist there, my brother who went in highschool there told me in every class, you got some little "nerds" nobody talk to, everybody laugh about and who don't get no girls ... it is a system where there is no place for someone who don't fit the standards of this society. At the end of the day, that generate people who are at the origin of these shooting.
    So, to me the expaination of why these shootings only occur in the US is cultural.
    I agree that it is cultural.

Quote Originally Posted by begongo View Post
    youth + anger + guns = school shootings
    Lots of other places have these three factors, indeed in more extreme amounts then the US, but why no school shootings?

Wu Vatican

i guess the shooter at Northern Illinois University was off his meds. the kid was deans list, going for his masters. head of groups on campus and what not.

they showed his dad, now he is a guy i feel sorry for. one day you have a son who you think youve done everything right with, hes on the path to success, and the next day your son is dead at his own hands along with 5 others.

STYLE

desensitized to violence. the avg american sees thousands of violent acts by the time he/she is 10yrs old. wtf you think that does to a person? sex is so taboo but is natural and is an act that most people will commit in their lifetime, murder is something that most people won't commit and you see it all day every day.

then you have games like GTA, halo, manhunt and various army games that are one step away from VR. these are murder simulators. why must the games be so realistically violent? idk yeah they are fun and i play them but i have also played nonviolent games that were a blast. i don't think its ness.

personally, the gun is a cowards tool. to kill a man with a knife, blunt object or bare hands takes strength, skill and a strong will. to deliver a second blow after blood and screams of agony are coming out of your opponent takes balls. pulling a trigger takes a vagina.

I AM HIPHOP

Quote Originally Posted by STYLEMASTERR View Post
    desensitized to violence. the avg american sees thousands of violent acts by the time he/she is 10yrs old. wtf you think that does to a person? sex is so taboo but is natural and is an act that most people will commit in their lifetime, murder is something that most people won't commit and you see it all day every day.

then you have games like GTA, halo, manhunt and various army games that are one step away from VR. these are murder simulators. why must the games be so realistically violent? idk yeah they are fun and i play them but i have also played nonviolent games that were a blast. i don't think its ness.

personally, the gun is a cowards tool. to kill a man with a knife, blunt object or bare hands takes strength, skill and a strong will. to deliver a second blow after blood and screams of agony are coming out of your opponent takes balls. pulling a trigger takes a vagina.
    I agree with your first 2 paragraphs

regarding your last statement, I don't agree because these school shootings involve mass-murder ... you can't mass-murder with bare hands, best you can do is serial killing
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55138
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54919
    Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm not going post more pictures of my dick, Style. You guys can forget about it!
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Some of ya'll that are having sex without condoms need to be careful because that shit ain't cool having sex with no condoms.

STYLE

Quote Originally Posted by begongo View Post
    I agree with your first 2 paragraphs

regarding your last statement, I don't agree because these school shootings involve mass-murder ... you can't mass-murder with bare hands, best you can do is serial killing
    shiiiiiiit a well trained swordsman could easily kill 5. maybe 10. but that goes to show how wrong the concept of a gun is. his bitch ass woulda got fucked up trying to kill more than one person without a gun.
    smh
    trechcoat mafia faggots