once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wu-headz answer me this

i think i'm high

Default wu-headz answer me this

how long have all of you been hiphop headz, where are you from/at, and how are you hip-hop?

be honest kids.

Realness

Digital Henchman,IronStrk 61stkillah's Avatar

Default Go

All My Life...since i was born i was bumping hip hop
    ________
    Best Vaporizer Bowl
    Last edited by 61stkillah; 04-10-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Default Re: wu-headz answer me this

i bought my first hiphop albums in 95(east 1999 and the bloods and crips tape, bangin on wax). but i was watching hiphop videos and listening to my cousins tapes since 91.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

whattup snapple
    most of my life i've had hiphop around me even when i was too young to understand it
    i remember whoodini,fat boys, beastie boys, run dmc, slick rick, big daddy kane, doug e fresh, bdp damn i'm bring back old memories

i think the thing i remember the most about old school hip hop was that no matter what the song was about the melody was always uptempo

late 80s..

started with dre and hammer, went to snoop, dogg pound, then first wu was 'only built for cuban linx' and finally found "it"

"Tired of trials and tribulations, it seems like life is hell, dreams the only way of escapin' to worlds that's beyond imagination, i know a place i could take you there thru elevation." - INS

^^yeah cuban linx was what made me a hiphopper for life
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

I used to be on that DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince back in the day (even did parents just don't understand in a talent show) but I really got into hip hop somewhere around '92. The 1st album I bought was that bacdafucup from Onyx (that was my shit) then Wu, then Gravediggaz (I didn't even know the affiliation back then) then Meth, ODB; man I feel like an old head talking about woodstock and shit when I say "we were all Wu heads back in the day, White, Black, Asian, Latino, Man, Woman. Everyone was on that shit - some of us just never left...

been a hip-hop head since 94. I'm from the Bronx. Many of us who are in our 20s love Wu-Tang cuz we came up when the Wu were everywhere (radio, tv, ect). When hip-hop was pure and it wasn't diluted. It's hard to explain to newer fans but there was a time when Wu-Tang ruled hip-hop.

PEACE.
    The Holy Temple Is The Mental

i remember when i was yung i used to watch Wu tang and b.i.g on t.v. and i used to love all them niggas. (still do) But i consider myself a TRUE head since about a year ago. When i realized what music is good, and what's bullshit. It's sad everybody else can't see that.
    What if?

since gza released 'come do me'
    wuforever.com
    OVER 250 Mp3 DIRECT DOWNLOADS! superfast!
    Brand New Wu-Tang Community Portal
    3800+ photos in gallery/200+ wu wallpaper/daily news/games/quizzes/download mp3s/ jukebox/and more

^^^ 2nd that, but I realised bout six months ago....

aka Cas T.Warhead General

Im from N.Y.C so hip-hop has been inbeded in me since day 1
    first record i ever heard was Run DMC IN '83
    I think it was the 1 that goes...."1,2,3 in the place 2 be as its plain 2 see he is dj run and im dmc,funky fresh for 1983...i think its called "Here we go"
    ever since then its been a wrap!!!!
    I've been living the hiphop culture since then....involved in all aspects..
    Graffiti,Breaking,Emceeing,i know a little about djing,but not enough 2 say i can freak it...
    Currently im creating lyrics,beats, me and my peoples creating our own movement called "Warheads Productions"since '99...
    been a wu fan since day 1........

P.E.A.C.E

True that. Word

Default Go

damn, ever since i was young, and i don't know at what age, my sister was into hiphop so i remember some videos, for sure i remember she'd call me and my brother whenever Snoop's what's my name video was on, cause we were young and loved how they turned into dogs. i remember that tribe video infront of the universal studios globe thing, but i never got fully into it (I was just watching whatever videos the stations played) until about... crap 97 was when i started. i'm young, but hiphop has always been around me, i never really chose it as my music until my sister played me some DMX, and i was like "yeah! that sounds good!". i chose it over any music, cause i was watching the countdowns which had everything, and made Hiphop it, but Wu-Tang Clan i've always known about, even when I wasn't fully into Hiphop, i can remember knowing about Wu-Tang for a while... at school i asked someone what their favourite band is, they were like "Limp Bizkit", i'm like, nahh, mine is Wu-Tang Clan.

i didn't start to become a serious Wu fanatic til earlier this year when i picked up 36 chambers. i started to become a Hiphop head when my friend lent me Illmatic (Best way to start) and he was like "it's not that good, all the beats are kind of old school), i played that album like 50 times, and begged to keep it longer when i had to give it back to him. true Hiphop really connected to me, and that's what I preach since then.

oh yeah, i'm from Scarborough, Toronto.
    ________
    EXHAUST ULTIMATE POWER VALVE
    Last edited by Koolish; 03-24-2011 at 11:03 AM.