once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 185 of 294 FirstFirst ... 85135175182183184185186187188195235285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 4408

Thread: What (Non Hip Hop) Are You Listening To?

thats how u post bangers Alcaseltzer!!

ha, just been listening to an EP from some band Sasha Grey is in. They're fucking terrible.

Some good jazzy stuff like Thelonious Monk, Milt Jackson, Oscar Peterson..
    Anyone have ever heard about the french rap band called "Sages Počtes De La Rue" ? it's tight!

^ nice one man!

personally i love jazz, not all sub-genres of it (can't stand most free jazz), but i love jazz-fusion - the first time i really got into Miles Davis "Bitches Brew" (i think it was the 2nd time i played it front-to-back, the album is 90 minutes) was an amazing feeling, generally the albums you get that feeling from that is totally undescribable and consists of something you never heard before. Coltrane of course too, Thelonious Monk, Herbie Hancock is another one of my favorites - might even be 2nd to Miles. the Blue Note company in the 60s released amazing music, Ronnie Foster, Gene Harris, Horrace Silver and all those guys (always favored for sampling in hip-hop).

i love soul too, Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, early James Brown and all them but also newer artists like Erykah Badu, D'Angelo, Antony Hamilton, Bilal, etc. The George Clintons, Sly Stones and Isaac Haayes of the '70s funk music is amazing too, another foundation for hip-hop.

of course Led Zeppelin, always been one of my favorite bands since i first heard them. Black Sabbath is dope too and OF COURSE the man, the myth the JIMI HENDRIX, such an amazing musician - both guitarist, stage presence and vocalist. You should not denote Noel Redding on the bass either, cuz he really was the perfect fit for Hendrix imo.

british progressive rock of the '70s was an early love for me in the form of Pink Floyd. My dad had all their albums, including soundtracks like "Moore" but it was really when i heard "Dark Side Of The Moon" stoned for the first time that i really was sold. that was another one of those "life-changing" musical experiences (like 'bitches brew' i mentioned above) and the follow-up album were not quite, but still almost as magical to me.

last i'm gonna mention The Beatles (because you don't know who Bo Hansson is anyway), my dad had all their records as well and besides the catchy singles i really didn't think they were all that until i heard "Revolver" on my days vinyl player. Still to this day that's my favorite Beatles album, but generally the period between "Revolver" and "Abbey Road" is where i think The Beatles was a really amazing band.

drum & bass was one of my first loves too, Goldie's album "Timeless" is a masterpiece and i also really like The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Underworld and that sort of stuff. long ass post haha, i consider myself pretty open-minded when it comes to music, there's obviously alot of shit music, more so than good, but my favorite genres (by far) is hip-hop, there's no other music that relates to me like hip-hop and it's been like that since the first time i heard it. Second would be jazz-fusion or soul.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by ALCATRAZ View Post
    u keep posting ur mediocre joints and i'll keep postin the shit niggaz wanna hear...

dont hate the player...

Hate The game..

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Bateman View Post
    ha, just been listening to an EP from some band Sasha Grey is in. They're fucking terrible.
    lol what did you expect?
    i can't take someone's music seriously after i've watched them do this:

me and her have a love hate thing goin on..lmao what a neck on that lil angel.

haha, she's not a bad actress though, i thought.

Prince - Dirty Mind
    Prince - Controversy

Yeah, Dirty Mind is probably my favourite Prince album, or maybe 1999.

Been listening to this again, great album:

Everything Bullion does is gold.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

lol @ that whore and her gif getting face fucked

all - most
    We do it for the people.

Marvin Gaye - Live at the London Palladium

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

Finally listened to some jazz, should have done it a long time ago, A Kind of BLue is an amazing album.