Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38

Thread: how is jeru the damaja connected to the clan??

  1. #16
    Who's The Dado? Fr@z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,903
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: how is jeru the damaja connected to the clan??

    The Sun Rises In The East is classic every Hip-Hop fan should own it.

  2. #17
    Shaolin Inc. Abbott vahacris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Rugged Landz....
    Age
    36
    Posts
    974
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: how is jeru the damaja connected to the clan??

    jeru got 4 good albums of wchich 2 IMO are classics , everybody should hear heroz4hire and sun rises in the east...........

    i got freestyle that featured ghostface , raekwon , cappadonna and jeru on it................ thats the other connection....................

    ----the what you said iz truth.....wu will survive----

  3. #18

    Default Re: how is jeru the damaja connected to the clan??

    in his dreams

  4. #19
    Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,405
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: how is jeru the damaja connected to the clan??

    I dont know where people get all this misguided info from but Jeru is not connected to Wutang..but he's ill though.

    "One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

  5. #20

    Default Re: how is jeru the damaja connected to the clan??

    Quote Originally Posted by frosted592
    a similar sound???

    I don't believe Dj premier and Rza sounds similar...
    Im talking about Jeru not Priemier. It's just my opinion anyway so if you disagree it's fine.

  6. #21
    Semi Retired Prolifical ENG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,643
    Rep Power
    47

    Default Re: how is jeru the damaja connected to the clan??

    a lot of wu fans tend to like Jeru, hence talk about jeru....especially on this site.



  7. #22
    Universal builder ZiG 9th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Holdin down the North Eastern corner of the U.S. Matrix
    Posts
    745
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: how is jeru the damaja connected to the clan??

    Quote Originally Posted by ramel
    Well he's not a killabee but.......
    He did do a track that featured afu-ra on a beat you'll remember from a skit on meth's album "tical"
    This track is called "The code of the samurai" it's off the ghost dog soundtrack.
    It's Produced or should I say resurected by THE RZA.
    There's the connection.


    It was rumor he had a subliminal diss towards them on "ain't the devil happy"
    Because he uses rza's laugh from "tearz" for the devil's laughter scratched in between verses at which he says"ain't the devil happy".

    Rza's laugh from tears come from this excerpt............

    "Ayo rah!, remember that kid ya bust"
    "Aww yeah, he ran but he didn't get far"
    "Cuzz I drop him "hah haha haha haha HAH"




    1love


    There wasn't any diss 2wards the wu from Jeru in that song. All Premo did was scratch RZA's laugh to go with the topic of the song "aint the devil happy" which was hot to death!! It fit so perfectly! So ya factz iz backwardz!
    Born intellectual...mind over matter...my mental splatter ya physical...so fast my movements are invisible...cut off the wingz to your trend...your not even that original

  8. #23

    Default Re: how is jeru the damaja connected to the clan??

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiG 9th
    There wasn't any diss 2wards the wu from Jeru in that song. All Premo did was scratch RZA's laugh to go with the topic of the song "aint the devil happy" which was hot to death!! It fit so perfectly! So ya factz iz backwardz!
    Do you know how many people were subliminaly dissing wu at that time.
    Even thou you ain't catch it(props to you for not catching it) that's just the subliminal bullshit these so called positive rappers do when they feel threatened by a new thing.

    KRS 1

    "I won't do a wack album then remix it for my single"
    Meth dropped "tical" and then dropped a remix verson of his love song "all I need" for his single.
    Can you believe a lot of people thought tical was wack!

    "Triplet syllables for minimal criminals"
    "Lyrical riddles that got hard flavors in the middle"
    "Triplets syllables"
    Wu was known for flipping ill words like sparkable,remarkable,tackable,marvelous etc

    "Flamboyant and flashy is one point in time when your not ashy"
    That can go for most rappers but wu looked more grimey than flashy in my opinion.

    "We ain't got time for no fancy mathemathics
    Your mental frequency, frequently picking up static"

    Wu were always kicking those fancy mathemathics type flows.

    There's a lot more
    That's just the begining.....................
    But it's all good the WU don't blemish!!!!!!!
    Fuck these other rappers!
    WORD

  9. #24
    Quebec Gold
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Montreal
    Age
    31
    Posts
    342
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: how is jeru the damaja connected to the clan??

    Quote Originally Posted by ramel
    Do you know how many people were subliminaly dissing wu at that time.
    Even thou you ain't catch it(props to you for not catching it) that's just the subliminal bullshit these so called positive rappers do when they feel threatened by a new thing.

    KRS 1

    "I won't do a wack album then remix it for my single"
    Meth dropped "tical" and then dropped a remix verson of his love song "all I need" for his single.
    Can you believe a lot of people thought tical was wack!

    "Triplet syllables for minimal criminals"
    "Lyrical riddles that got hard flavors in the middle"
    "Triplets syllables"
    Wu was known for flipping ill words like sparkable,remarkable,tackable,marvelous etc

    "Flamboyant and flashy is one point in time when your not ashy"
    That can go for most rappers but wu looked more grimey than flashy in my opinion.

    "We ain't got time for no fancy mathemathics
    Your mental frequency, frequently picking up static"

    Wu were always kicking those fancy mathemathics type flows.

    There's a lot more
    That's just the begining.....................
    But it's all good the WU don't blemish!!!!!!!
    Fuck these other rappers!
    WORD
    Here's a part from an interview with Krs-one:




    M: Um, let's move on to talking about lyrics... lyrics coming out now. When I listen to a Wu Tang album, sometimes I find it low on meaning. Do you?

    K: I always speak the truth, so my answer is: I don't think anyone could hang with KRS One lyrically. I'm the greatest lyricist. But Wu Tang, at times, show genius. When they become more conscious of themselves they'll stroke this genius more often.
    Television tells lies to your vision so, beware of the trick-nology set off to fool the mind if you're dumb you're lost, if you're wise you will find that poison is a devil substance made for scratch' cause one rotten apple destroys the whole batch

  10. #25
    Veteran Member MantiZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Latvia, United Streets of Adazhi (near Riga))
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,022
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: how is jeru the damaja connected to the clan??

    Jeru is a legend. Not Killa Bee tho...

    I wish all skinheads smelled like Mr.Clean..

    "G-Unit's full of bitches
    Banks is a bitch
    Young Buck is a Bitch
    Tony Yayo is a bitch
    Fifty is a bitch
    Olivia's a bitch...HOLD UP! Olivia's a man!" The Game

    i can't commit suicide. suicide committed me. so my suicide is dead.

  11. #26

    Default Re: how is jeru the damaja connected to the clan??

    Quote Originally Posted by frosted592
    Here's a part from an interview with Krs-one:




    M: Um, let's move on to talking about lyrics... lyrics coming out now. When I listen to a Wu Tang album, sometimes I find it low on meaning. Do you?

    K: I always speak the truth, so my answer is: I don't think anyone could hang with KRS One lyrically. I'm the greatest lyricist. But Wu Tang, at times, show genius. When they become more conscious of themselves they'll stroke this genius more often.

    Thanks 4 that.
    It's good to hear a legend like kris aim some just words towards the clan.
    Where would I find that whole interview?

  12. #27
    Veteran Member Punch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,935
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: how is jeru the damaja connected to the clan??

    ThaFormula.com - When you were comin' up back then was there a lot of MC's that you would see around that ended up becomin' known MC's?

    Jeru The Damaja - Well, True Master we grew up together. Masta Killa, we grew up together we from the same neighborhood, The GZA and the RZA already had albums out but we knew them through True Master. ODB we knew him through GZA and there was more dudes around that did it big in the 90's.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut


  13. #28

    Default Re: how is jeru the damaja connected to the clan??

    I have to agree on that sample of RZA on Aint the Devil Happy. That makes that song great.

  14. #29

    Default Re: how is jeru the damaja connected to the clan??

    Quote Originally Posted by mr punch
    ThaFormula.com - When you were comin' up back then was there a lot of MC's that you would see around that ended up becomin' known MC's?

    Jeru The Damaja - Well, True Master we grew up together. Masta Killa, we grew up together we from the same neighborhood, The GZA and the RZA already had albums out but we knew them through True Master. ODB we knew him through GZA and there was more dudes around that did it big in the 90's.
    I was hoping jeru would be asked what they were like coming up.
    Especially Ol dirty bastard!

  15. #30
    Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan! oldie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Hull, England
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,892
    Rep Power
    26

    Default Re: how is jeru the damaja connected to the clan??

    i didnt hear him on the ghostdog soundtrack, never heard it. i just read sum where he was, or i thought he was cos ppl ALWAYS droppin his name and wu-tang in the same sentence. the wu 1st album aint older that me im 18, birthday in march. ive been into wu for about 3 years.

    i thought RZA produced a album for him. i s'pose it is a good question, why do i think he's killa bee?? im not sure to be honest. i have the sun rises in the east dwnloaded, didnt think much to it but i might give it another listen.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-17-2016, 04:03 PM
  2. what non-rap music are you listening to?
    By MantiZ in forum Sound Shack
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 05-09-2006, 11:51 AM
  3. GLO Featuring Q-Unique
    By Eerie Theories in forum Audio Booth
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-16-2005, 10:14 PM
  4. I Present My Presence
    By KING ARMOUR in forum Temple Of Darts
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-25-2005, 02:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •