once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Reason Why RZA's Beats "May" Have Fell!

rza hasnt fallen off imo, he has matured & so has his music & it will continue too, its the only way for him or any other beatmakers to evolve & become better. he's a genius.

yeah fuck all this. rza ain't fell off- artists change. you a commercial music major - is this your thesis or somethin? maybe you should do a paper on why the general public woul rather hear some feel good club thug bullshit than real brothers droppin real knowledge.

how long does someone have to prove themself for???? rza doesn't owe anything to us as fans, students, whatever. rza is one of the greatest of all time based on the strength of liquid swords ALONE. nobody can ever tell me he FELL OFF.

Quote Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post
    If Rae keeps the beats that RZA made him for OB4CL2, then all the hating on RZA production these days will stop
    you dont understand the creative mind.

RZA fell off cus he stopped sampling and started trying to make his own beats.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Woodrow

====================================\

EXACTLY!!!! u hit the nail on the head..... which also sums up why Meth had problems droppin the "Prequel Tical 0" album in the past... (cus of sample clearances)... n plus his creative endeavors play apart with what was jus debated amongst yous as well.. i bet you if RZA wouldve beefed up 8 Diagrams wit all kind of samples he wouldntve been able to put it out.. i think that may have also been the reason why so many Wu & Wu affiliate albums kept gettin pushed the fuck back, u know what i mean?
    Angelz in the midst please enlist/ heartz consist ov righteousness/ battle iron fist against souls so devilish/ ~ Ptolemy: 3 Kingz PNR MusiK

^yeah man i feel you. but you know theres two reason he left sampling, a:he got lazy in record collecting and couldnt find the time to search thru all those records for a good sample, b; he believed his own hype after all his success and thought he didnt need samples anymore cus hes a music genius and he can now make his own music with 90 piece orchestra and shit

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

To be fair, he probably got bored of doing the same thing and wanted to branch out and experiment for his own benefit. I can't really blame him for that.

I doubt he's gonna lose sleep over people on here not liking his new direction.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

SHAOLIN STUDENT

yeah Rza thought it was boring to do the same thing again and again. As a beatmaker myself, I understand that and I try some new stuff all the time. Rza wants to be an artist like his friends that isn't a easy thing. The dude gave so many things to hip hop if he wants to experiment he can. We know he is a genius and he is ahead of his time. According to me he is the GOAT.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MANTIS69 View Post
    rza hasnt fallen off imo, he has matured & so has his music & it will continue too, its the only way for him or any other beatmakers to evolve & become better. he's a genius.
    word!!!!,,,rza is motherfucking alien an he is the best beat/music producer on this crazy planet,,,,if he wanted he can smack any other producer with flying doors that are blastin' away from door frames out of his mpc implosion..and the one's that don't know that ,,thay don't know rza. lolocaust

lol @ old thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost In The 'Lac View Post

This is still very much true.

Veteran Member

I dont understand all the rumblings, for me RZA is still dope and occupies the top spot on my list of producers, he is just matured now and trying different things, and i understand where he is coming from, I am a programmer and i dont write code in the same style and ways i used to 10yrs ago, i try different things and different styles, sticking to the same old styles and ways gets boring, sometimes counter productive and doesnt increase your knowledge in the subject area. I agree we all miss the old 90's RZA style, but he cant stay in that zone forever. Lets just appreciate the lil gems we can and do get periodically.
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

Quote Originally Posted by Bg_Knocc_Out View Post
    Co-sign. The problem is RZA does it TO MUCH! Like he doesn't know when to stop, he doesn't know how to stick to something. But he's still a great producer in some aspects, but that whole "Glocko Pop" just kills my hopes of him making some classic kung-fu beats...
    Glocko Pop is a ill fucking beat.

Hes no longer just a hiphop producer hes a music producer that doesnt mean he has lost it cause he does put out rza type beats hear and there just not all the time like he use to
    Last edited by shaolinsaga; 09-27-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

the music he does on soundtracks is kinda cool

but he's just so changed from before
    bring back begongo!!

I can remember a while back rza saying how alot of producers are using his style excluding wu elements asthats his students. But even then a teacher has to be ahead of his students.. Just imagine if you created a style and everyone making similar and you are a pioneer? Youre gona try to make new shit right? To be honest though RZA knows what hes doing, he still makes and has those gutter beats you just have to hear his afro samarui albums.. bottom line is RZA isnt burn out, hasnt lost his raw style. He knows what hes doing, hes either bored of the style we crave for or thats just not his chamber right now.. Rza deals with mathematics.. Man with the iron fist perhaps? Watch this space i think the raw RZA will be back.. I hope lol

Leave the fucking guy alone! He got sick of doing the same thing. He's alegend in hip-hop. If you don't like his music when you hear it anymore, don't listen to it.