once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: techno/jungle music + rappers = ....

Wu Vatican

Default techno/jungle music + rappers = ....

does anyone have an answer to that for me? does it have an actual name? is it a real genre? or is it just rappers rapping over techno?

i kinda asked in that trip hop thread, but i think its better to just make a new thread about it.

i mentioned the blade 2 soundtrack as a perfect example. heres a link to it on amazon... http://www.amazon.com/Blade-II-Vario...6569163&sr=1-1 just listen to the music sampler if you havent heard it or want to get more of an idea of what im talking about.

some of dizze rascals stuff could kinda fit into what im talking about. he definatly raps over some none traditional beats in the vien im trying to pin down.

i really dig shit like that. i was wondering if there are people who do music exlusivly like that, i would definatly be interest in hearing it.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Wu Vatican

i just listened to that blade 2 soundtrack for the first time in years. i will say its definatly not as good as i remember. there are some good songs on there, but also some pretty shitty ones.

anyways doesnt change my point/question. thumping jungle beats and rappers....whats the deal?
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Garage/Grime?

check out dj jayvon and mc.xyz

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    i just listened to that blade 2 soundtrack for the first time in years. i will say its definatly not as good as i remember. there are some good songs on there, but also some pretty shitty ones.

anyways doesnt change my point/question. thumping jungle beats and rappers....whats the deal?
    yeah same here i thought the blade trinity soundtrack was good but coulda have been better

I think Techno + Rap = gay

i dig I Against I by Mos Def.

thats about it.

im not a big fan of Dizze Rascal over drum and bass beats.

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by HarlemDiplomat View Post
    I think Techno + Rap = gay

I think Harlem + Diplomat = gay

I think Harlem + Diplomat = gay
    You have a good imagination...

that Mos Def track is really ill..never heard it before today.

Wu Vatican

i really wish i could find this krs1 track with him over a dope jungle beat. if anyone knows what im talking about post it so people can get a feel for what im talking about.

theres a dope method man song remix with a techno beat too. "i came to bring the pain hard core from the brain". anyone got that post it up for the peoples.

i really wish i could find this krs1 track with him over a dope jungle beat. if anyone knows what im talking about post it so people can get a feel for what im talking about.

theres a dope method man song remix with a techno beat too. "i came to bring the pain hard core from the brain". anyone got that post it up for the peoples.
    The track is called " Digital " Its by Goldie and KRS1. Quality tune.

The Method track is " Ghetto Celebrity " Its on the Roni Size album " In the mode " That album is ace.
    18th March 2006

Wu Vatican

^ thanks bro.

check those songs out if you want an idea of what im talking about.

another one is by prodigy (techno guys, not mobb deep dude) and kool keith...song called "desiel power". dope track.
    Last edited by whitey; 03-30-2008 at 07:02 PM.

^ thanks bro.

check those songs out if you want an idea of what im talking about.

another one is by prodigy (techno guys, not mobb deep dude) and kool keith...song called "desiel power". dope track.
    Deisel Power is a quality tune 2!!
    18th March 2006