once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Read a Book ?

books are ir·re·place·a·ble. they'll last 4 ever.

It is hard to find a book that is both concentrated and detailed at the same time. A minor detail read by someone might be a filler while to others it may be a key premise to the original point that enhances their understanding. If you can't relate something to the original idea it's probably a filler.

Some books aim for a broader target audience than others.

Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
    yeah there is some problem

skull clothes ?

lmao dam

you got something you really wanna say ?

have you ever heard of T.R.O.O.P.

Total rule over oppressed People.......bahh.... never mind man
    if you didn't get the purpose of that thread so be it
    I remember T.R.O.O.P.

I remember LL use to rock the ish out of troop until he found out....then he burned all his troop gear on stage at a show.

Some people are trying to bring troop back out.

your answer was neutral as usual lol

there is a time to write books

and this is my point

every answer is not a call for an essay

my books are concentrated

i like books without filler

the way allot of us were taught is foul

some of us were taught to fill our sentences with "something"
    even if this "something" has nothing to do with the subject we are writing about

some of us just talk too much

OH THE SWEET AND UNGODLY IRONY!!!!!!!!!

You did good with this thread
    Last edited by SG; 12-23-2008 at 04:04 PM.
    BEZ
    Peace To New York

Veteran Member

Some books are a wast of time. There is useful knowledge, then useless knowledge. Some books contain the useless kind which makes me think "what did I learn from this?", What was the benefit?"

I learn better from being shown what to do. Humans are creatures of imitation. Words do not fully carry the meaning of what the writer may want to convey. It's abstract.

STYLE

yeah there is some problem

skull clothes ?

lmao dam

you got something you really wanna say ?

have you ever heard of T.R.O.O.P.

Total rule over oppressed People.......bahh.... never mind man
    if you didn't get the purpose of that thread so be it
    yeah i remember troop. but the troop/klan thing was a fabrication. swallowed hook line and sinker.
    Nelly is bringin it back. now if the klan connection was true but now nelly owns the brand, would it be ok to wear it? hmmmmm.....

funny thing is folks got all deep and conspiracy minded and ditched their troop gear then went to eat at McD an fired up a newport. why choose clothing when there are so many more effective ways to oppress?

but yeah, what i really want to say is...

man have you seen the preview to the new hulk flick? it looks like its gonna be dumb. but the iron man movie looks dope. i like robert downey, he is a good actor. isn't ironic that his first major role (less than zero) he was a cokehead, then he became a real cokehead and alcoholic then his last movie (scanner darkly) he was an addict and now hes gonn a play tony starks, who is a recovering alcholic.

but now that i got that off my chest sunny i feel much better. carry on.
    Last edited by STYLE; 04-01-2008 at 12:25 AM.

STYLE

Quote Originally Posted by diggy View Post
    Some books are a wast of time. There is useful knowledge, then useless knowledge. Some books contain the useless kind which makes me think "what did I learn from this?", What was the benefit?"

I learn better from being shown what to do. Humans are creatures of imitation. Words do not fully carry the meaning of what the writer may want to convey. It's abstract.
    nothing is a waste of time in and of itself. the waste is determined by you.

some humans are creatures of imitation. some are creatures of innovation. which one are you?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by STYLEMASTERR View Post
    some humans are creatures of imitation. some are creatures of innovation. which one are you?
    I am both. I was talking about learning styles.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

yeah i remember troop. but the troop/klan thing was a fabrication. swallowed hook line and sinker.
    Nelly is bringin it back. now if the klan connection was true but now nelly owns the brand, would it be ok to wear it? hmmmmm.....
    why would i follow Nelly ?

funny thing is folks got all deep and conspiracy minded and ditched their troop gear then went to eat at McD an fired up a newport. why choose clothing when there are so many more effective ways to oppress?
    people ditching troop then going out to eat Mickey dees and firing up a newport has nothing to do with the point i wanted to get across with that thread - again - nevermind - you'll get there when or if you get there...

but yeah, what i really want to say is...

man have you seen the preview to the new hulk flick? it looks like its gonna be dumb. but the iron man movie looks dope. i like robert downey, he is a good actor. isn't ironic that his first major role (less than zero) he was a cokehead, then he became a real cokehead and alcoholic then his last movie (scanner darkly) he was an addict and now hes gonn a play tony starks, who is a recovering alcholic.
    ....but not like this - reading this...your "style" reminds me of some corny cosby sweater wearing niggas i used to have to deal with in order to get my Hip Hop on underground radio - them niggas really don't belong

but now that i got that off my chest sunny i feel much better. carry on.
    90210,different strokes,silver spoons,etc....

STYLE

why would i follow Nelly ?

people ditching troop then going out to eat Mickey dees and firing up a newport has nothing to do with the point i wanted to get across with that thread - again - nevermind - you'll get there when or if you get there...

....but not like this - reading this...your "style" reminds me of some corny cosby sweater wearing niggas i used to have to deal with in order to get my Hip Hop on underground radio - them niggas really don't belong

90210,different strokes,silver spoons,etc....

u mad?

lol

u remind me of my jeep....

nigga please.

u talked all that shit and what does it add up to? "yo he got money, he ain't no real niggiuh like us we, po and from duh streetz."

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Can probably get it on dvd.. Thats a pretty good medium between the two..

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

u mad?

lol

u remind me of my jeep....

nigga please.

u talked all that shit and what does it add up to? "yo he got money, he ain't no real niggiuh like us we, po and from duh streetz."

you keep missing the point
    i'm trying to help you
    money is a blinder
    i put mines to work

..whatever problem you have with me is blocking you from true understanding..i been outa high school a long time...i can tell

STYLE

i don't have a prob with you. i think you are transferring other members feelings about you onto me. idk man, i stopped trying to decipher your cryptic statements, or maybe its me.
    IMO people should speak frankly. but thats just me. if someone asks me a question i answer it. i try not to respond with a question. if someone misses my point i try to explain it in terms that they might understand. that is an attribute of a good communicator and and even better "teacher".

i understand a lil flair and wit spices up the message but at times you just rattle off some nonsense. but its cool do your thing.

money is a blinder......i put mines to work.....

truth can be relative to ones perspective.