Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belly

Default Belly

Director:Hype Williams

Writers:Anthony Bodden (story) &
    Nas (story) ...

Tommy Brown(DMX) and his friend Sincere(NAS) are gangsters who have learned how to make a good living by dealing drugs and pulling armed robberies. Tommy and Sincere have been able to move out of the ghetto in Queens where they were raised and relocate to an upscale section of Manhattan; they would seem to have it made, but both realize that their lives are headed toward a dead end. Sincere begins getting in touch with his African roots and tries to convince his girlfriend Tionne that they should emigrate to the Motherland, while Tommy has a religious awakening and joins the Nation of Islam.The film also stars Taral Hicks, rappers Method Man and Vita, dancehall artist Louie Rankin and R&B singer T-Boz from TLC.

this has to be my favorite movie

cinematically one of the best movies i've ever seen

if it was white ppl it would hailed as top 5 dead o' alive

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

yeah definately a great unappreciated movie

Hmmm.. I can't remember it as being that great, I have it though, I'll watch it again tonight.

I remember when they was filming this around my way back in 98 in Rahway I met Hype Williams saw Nas, Dmx and Method Man. The Wu Van was driving around in circles they was blazin' then Nas and Dmx drove up the block switched cars and was ghost. I heard they're suppose to be making a sequel.

Dope movie wayyyy better than Scarface for me One of the best I've ever seen. Additionally it has the best intro.

Cool movie

I have yet to see this.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Quote Originally Posted by Schizo-Manic View Post
    I remember when they was filming this around my way back in 98 in Rahway I met Hype Williams saw Nas, Dmx and Method Man. The Wu Van was driving around in circles they was blazin' then Nas and Dmx drove up the block switched cars and was ghost. I heard they're suppose to be making a sequel.
    yeah its supposed to be called belly of the beast. it sippose to start off with dmx meeting nas at the airport in africa. dont know if its official

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
    I have yet to see this.
    man it a classic

-

Tauro you aren't missing anything. Belly is your typical, ignorant black men killing each other, selling drugs and having sex. Nothing special. The soundtrack is alright. Ja Rule's I Got A Story To Tell and Noreaga's Sometimes songs are the best on the album. I wish Ja Rule would've continued making hard songs like I Got A Story To Tell instead of the faggot songs he did after his first album hahahahahahahahahaha. LOL@Tyrin Turner who was Caine in Menace II Society looked like a nerd faggot with thick glasses and a perm in Belly hahahahahahahahahahaha.

VZA

I would love to watch this movie but I wouldn't enjoy because I'm white.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Tauro you aren't missing anything. Belly is your typical, ignorant black men killing each other, selling drugs and having sex. Nothing special. The soundtrack is alright. Ja Rule's I Got A Story To Tell and Noreaga's Sometimes songs are the best on the album. I wish Ja Rule would've continued making hard songs like I Got A Story To Tell instead of the faggot songs he did after his first album hahahahahahahahahaha. LOL@Tyrin Turner who was Caine in Menace II Society looked like a nerd faggot with thick glasses and a perm in Belly hahahahahahahahahahaha.
    How can you not like this but then tell me you like movies about "ignorant blacks?"

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

-

There's a few ignorant black films i liked like Menace II Society but Belly sucks in comparison to Menace. I saw DMX this past weekend in a straight to video movie called Death Toll. He's supposed to be a drug dealer in it but all he does is talk in between scenes to himself about how the drug game is hahahahahahahahahahaha. They put him on the cover of the dvd so his fans would see the movie and he doesn't have a major role in it hahahahahahahahahaha. Lou Diamond Philips, Keisha Knight Pulliam who was Rudy on The Cosby Show and Leila Arcieri's fine ass are also in this. Rappers Mr Magic and one of the twins from Kane And Abel who used to be on Master P's No Limit label are in the movie as drug dealers.

armynavyairforcemarines Sgt Holly Wood's Avatar

belly was good

fuck what ratings say, if u aint watched it yet do...

Banned

I was gonna make a thread but then found this old one. yeah, this movie is underrated as hell. the cinematography is like fucking eye-candy. but the acting/storytelling isn't always strong. anyway, Hype Williams is finally making his second film called "Lust" coming out this year

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Hype-...ust-26110.html