once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OutKast appreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by InvincibleArmor79 View Post
    i am most def a wu fan over anything else, but real hip hop fans cant deny they feelin of ghost and raekwon, that wouldve been a sick duo had it ridden out throughout the years...
    Cant agree more,but the originality is what makes Kast special,not that RAGU doesnt have it...And Kast never fell off,they didn't make ATLiens-style-songs wack,they experimented,Dre with the blues,Big Boi with the jazzy thing.The new songs are real dope:Royal Flush is a 4.5 star song (the production is so raw).Art of Storytellin Pt 4 is a mix of ATLiens and Aquemini style,and a 5 star song.They'll return to their roots I believe,and make more shit that will be the proof that they're timeless.So lets start with some favorites-

Top 10 Kast songs

Best album

one of my all-time fav lines from 3000..

"i came into this world high as a bird... from second-hand cocaine powder, i know it sounds absurd.."

sickness indeed..

fist three are classics ... the rest os good but i guess i like em less

but they re so taelnted , great mic skills, great musicianship, great production, and the minute u hear em u know it s them

dope group, i love that chonkiefire track..'if u think hip hop is dead exhume the body if u aint scared'

And I'ma remain in the scene and reign supreme and go to many extremes by any means

Big Boi's verse on Flip Flop rock makes me think deep,yet his flow was so deadly throughout the whole song...Especially these lines struck me:

Never judge a person or a book by it's covers
    Just because my tone is darker than yours, a little tanner
    You never took the time out, examine yourself boi
    .. are you black, white, asian?
    Indonesian, or Borean - that's black and Korean
    We on the same team if we breathin
    I jumped off the subject to see if you was seein
    that we drop a little science off in every verse
    They put that P.A. sticker on it cause they scared we gon' curse

STYLE

these cats are the most creative rap duo ever. 10 years strong....

yo heads slept on speakerboxx, if u get a chance run that shit thru a deep bass system and light one up. that shit will take u all thru the ATL.

they will return to their roots, organized noize, the original prod team (southerplayalistic) will be runnin tha show, new album drops end of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Outkast sucks and Andre is a weirdo. Only album i like by them is their first one.
    its so damn sad that you talk all that shit about improving the ghetto, life in general, etc but when someone is out there trying to drop some real knowledge on folks you don't have the ears to hear it

She said, "Why in the club, you don't make it precipate?
    You know, make it rain when you could make it thunderstorm?"
    I'm like, why? The world needs sun. The hood needs funds
    There's a war going on and half the battle is guns
    How dare I throw it on the floor
    When people are poor
    So I write like Edgar Allen to restore
    Got a cord, umbilical, attached to a place that can't afford
    No landscaping or window draping
    what do you thinks he's saying there?? reach your hands up next time maybe you'll catch it

but ontopic-Outkast is one of the greatest groups to ever do it, period. All their records have been atleast real good, the first three are straight up classics

Support the Real. Click HERE

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

i'm embarrassed to say it but i actually don't own any Outkast albums...

i never heard anything from them that i didn't love (first time i heard them was the song with Slick Rick years ago) but i just never went out of my way to pick up any of their cds...i dono why..

but i've been readin up on them a little bit and plan to cop a few of their albums very soon...

i love the threads like this too....this is how i got introduced to the genius of MF Doom and now i've got 3 or 4 of his albums and love em all....

No dollars wasted bro.Don't cop Idlewild unless you really want to,but the first 5 (Southernplayalisticadillacmusik,ATLiens,Aquemini, Stankonia,Speakerboxxx/The Love Below) are definetly worth it.

Especially the first 3 which I think many will agree are their strongest material.

-

Mobb Deep is a better rap duo than Outkast because Mobb Deep has better albums than them. A Tribe Called Quest, Whodini, Run DMC are also a better duo than Outkast. Visions Unseen, i do listen to rappers who speak about knowledge like KRS One, Jeru The Damaja, Nas, Public Enemy, Dead Prez, Geto Boys, Paris. I just don't like Outkast because their music is weird and Andre is weird. I liked them when they first came out but they started doing different music when Atliens came out and that's when i stopped liking them. Plus Andre started acting weird when Atliens came out because he wore a turban in Elevators video LOL. Elevators is a hard song though and i love that beat. Aquemini has a few songs i like but their other albums are terrible. When i first heard Bombs Over Baghdad song, i said what the fuck is that? Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Mobb Deep is a better rap duo than Outkast because Mobb Deep has better albums than them. A Tribe Called Quest, Whodini, Run DMC are also a better duo than Outkast. Visions Unseen, i do listen to rappers who speak about knowledge like KRS One, Jeru The Damaja, Nas, Public Enemy, Dead Prez, Geto Boys, Paris. I just don't like Outkast because their music is weird and Andre is weird. I liked them when they first came out but they started doing different music when Atliens came out and that's when i stopped liking them. Plus Andre started acting weird when Atliens came out because he wore a turban in Elevators video LOL. Elevators is a hard song though and i love that beat. Aquemini has a few songs i like but their other albums are terrible. When i first heard Bombs Over Baghdad song, i said what the fuck is that? Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

modd deep to me died after hell on earth

Quote Originally Posted by STYLEMASTERR View Post
    these cats are the most creative rap duo ever. 10 years strong....
    cant fuck with that - word

-

You didn't like Mobb Deep's Murda Musik album?

not really , i remember i bought it eyes closed (not having heard one single track) and was deeply disappointed. to the point i never bought any mobb deep shit again

maybe i should give it another spin ...