once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OutKast appreciation thread

-

You tripping. Murda Musik is a tight album. Amerika's Nightmare and Blood Money albums are good too. Blood Money got a few wack tracks but overall it isn't that bad but yeah i agree with you that their music isn't as grimey as it used to be.

hey im game to give it another spin. i just looked for the cd in my rack and it aint there, probably gave it away. but i ll check it out for sure. dont think it ll top hell on earth but will check it out tho.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Mobb Deep is a better rap duo than Outkast because Mobb Deep has better albums than them. A Tribe Called Quest, Whodini, Run DMC are also a better duo than Outkast. Visions Unseen, i do listen to rappers who speak about knowledge like KRS One, Jeru The Damaja, Nas, Public Enemy, Dead Prez, Geto Boys, Paris. I just don't like Outkast because their music is weird and Andre is weird. I liked them when they first came out but they started doing different music when Atliens came out and that's when i stopped liking them. Plus Andre started acting weird when Atliens came out because he wore a turban in Elevators video LOL. Elevators is a hard song though and i love that beat. Aquemini has a few songs i like but their other albums are terrible. When i first heard Bombs Over Baghdad song, i said what the fuck is that? Hahahahahahahahahahaha.
    You crazy?? Mobb Deep doesnt have better albums,Quest isnt a duo (Phife Diggy,Q-Tip,Ali Shaheed),Run DMC (DMC,Rev Run,Jam Master Jay) isnt a duo.And what the fuck is this about andre being wierd.And ATLiens is a masterpiece.And the turban in the video?So what,its a part of an act,its a video.He doesnt wear turbans in public or shit like that.And the Bombs over Baghdad is a real cool song.Always gets me in the feeling to do something good with myself.Like study,or do a couple of math problems.OutKast just isnt that way.

-

LOL@you said Mobb Deep doesn't have better albums than Outkast hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Whatever man. Mobb Deep's albums shits on Outkast's boring albums. Run DMC and A Tribe Called Quest have 2 mc's. I don't count their dj's. Outkast used to have a dj so i guess you shouldn't consider them a duo. Most groups that have 2 mc's usually have a dj. Das EFX, Black Moon, Smif And Wessun, Heltah Skeltah, EPMD are better than Outkast. Andre of Outkast is a weirdo. Fuck his weird ass, wearing them gay clothes hahahahahahahahahaha.

Yeah he wears what he wants but he's STILL an ill mc regardless. Seems like you're just judging them more on what they wear in videos and such.

But The Stove Was Off... 6 Chambaz's Avatar

I remember when I fisrt heard Southernplayalisticorsomeshitlikethat I thought that THIS is the definition of a hipo-hop duo. Two different MC's feeding off each other. Then, I heard Gang Starr. Nothing better than Guru blazing on a Premo beat. After that Outkast became 0. Gang Starr >>> Outkast

-

Gang Starr is better than Outkast but Gang Starr doesn't have 2 mc's.

But The Stove Was Off... 6 Chambaz's Avatar

Gang Starr is better than Outkast but Gang Starr doesn't have 2 mc's.
    It's got a producer (1) and an MC (1) 1+1=2=Duo. Besides, Premo makes the beats talk, every beat he does is a new experience, and his presence in the duo is equal to that of a second mc

LOL@you said Mobb Deep doesn't have better albums than Outkast hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Whatever man. Mobb Deep's albums shits on Outkast's boring albums. Run DMC and A Tribe Called Quest have 2 mc's. I don't count their dj's. Outkast used to have a dj so i guess you shouldn't consider them a duo. Most groups that have 2 mc's usually have a dj. Das EFX, Black Moon, Smif And Wessun, Heltah Skeltah, EPMD are better than Outkast. Andre of Outkast is a weirdo. Fuck his weird ass, wearing them gay clothes hahahahahahahahahaha.
    thats your learning disability talking, tell your brain you're gonna start reading a book if it don't quit with the nonsense

Support the Real. Click HERE

Outkast has dropped more classic albums than Wu as a group has, I will pump ATLiens til the day I die
    "The skywalker, that be leapin' over planets"

1. WU-Tang
    2. Outkast
    3. Mobb Deep through Murda Muzik
    4. Gangstarr
    "The skywalker, that be leapin' over planets"

Suga Duga

Mobb Deep's albums shits on Outkast's boring albums. .
    aquemini and ATLiens can't be topped by anything the lil wannabe clown thug prodigy and his g-unit buddy havoc have ever dropped

ATLiens was like the first album i ever got

back then i didn't know what it was it just looked cool

im glad i did
    IM THE BABY, GOTTA LOVE ME

Go to sleep when your tired and wake up at the same time everyday until you'r legs are more flexible for an intense fight with your local mail carrier

I haven't gpot any outkast albums yet, where should I start? Atliens?

Suga Duga

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I haven't gpot any outkast albums yet, where should I start? Atliens?
    ATLiens and Aquemini are a must, sean. start with those b/c after that you'll try to get everything else from em anyway.

btw, my fav andre 3000 verse: