once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: 'The Strangers' -looks scary?

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

Default 'The Strangers' -looks scary?

Did anyone see the previews for The Strangers movie? It comes out later this month. It looks like it might be pretty creepy:

www.thestrangers.net

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

ill be seeing this....trailers looked nice, saw a lot of bitin goin on in a few clips tho

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

it looks interesting, thats for sure

probly gonna be letdown... so dont surprised if it amounts to jack shit..

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

i saw a few thing i felt like they took from the halloween movies....one part in that trailer the girl is in the kitchen or somethin and in the background you see one of them people pop up and hes just chillin there starin at her........straight up myers move right there

it looks promising but we'll just have to wait and see prolly won't go to the theater's and see it

-

I'm gonna check it out. Liv Tyler is cute but her dad is a fag LOL. Her dad wears too much makeup LOL.

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

Anybody see this yet?

heard it was okay and not scary after the first part of the movie. u know what to expect. and u already know the ending cuz they basically tell you at the beginning so don't expect anything else

Quote Originally Posted by tekunique View Post
    aight..

The Strangers, the directorial/screenplay debut by Bryan Bertino aint what you would say is the most original horror film but it is by standards a damn good one. the guy definitely knows how to use the 'less is more' concept to bring out the horror, leaving the real terror to the viewers' imagination.

the only a-list actor in this film is the main lead female character played by Liv Tyler. not her best role to date and monotonous at times, but to say the least she does her thing and the resluts are convincing. same goes for the male lead character, pretty much a no-name actor, is believable as the boyfriend who's just been turned down after proposing to his gf during his best friend's wedding reception.

soon after they return to the bf's father's summer house they are staying for the weekend thats when things turn to the worst for the young couple.

like i've mentioned, this isnt the most original horror movie outhere, matta fact, its full of cliches, think ; halloween, vacancy, funny games, them..
    but the thing is the director pulled off the cliches nicely with perfect timing.
    its like all the 'oh shit' parts are predictable BUT still it fucking scares you when it occurs.

story loosely influenced by the tate murders and series of robberies that occured during the directors childhood and heavily influenced by the cinematic atmosphere and suspense of Halloween, The Strangers is a good effort by the newcomer filmaker.

3.5/5 stars

from this thread..

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57138

wuswordz95

I saw thye movie last night. I really thought it was good. it not really scary.
    its a suspenseful movie even though u know the cpuple is going to die, but noone knows how. some people find this movie to be scary. that doll face closet scence was freaky scary. only the mask were scary. if this was a supernatraul type of movie then maybe id be scared. or if that lil lady that knocked on the door head would spin, that would have scared me.

this movie just reminds that home robbries/ murders can occur.
    it happens possibly everyday. who knows maybe this movie is a scam to buy a gun or get a house alarm.
    if a dude and two chixs tried to kill me. it would hard for them to do.
    id pile drive their asses to hell. hopefully they dont have a gun.