once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Taoism...Anyone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Taoism...Anyone?

anyone here knows about taoism or studies it?

I heard its some sort of paganism, belief in nature and not in a god or some other medium of that sort. Not sure though, have to check it out.

VZA

You two should have your own exclusive section on this board for shit that nobody cares about. Or just exchange email addresses?

I joke.

Quote Originally Posted by VZA View Post
    You two should have your own exclusive section on this board for shit that nobody cares about. Or just exchange email addresses?

I joke.
    "Knowledge. Post here about Politics, current world affairs and such. |If you dont understand whats being said, or have nothing decent to contribute, stay out|." Can you read kiddo ?

I don't know that much of it. However most eastern things are more internal rather than external. I think the last thread Blackwisdom made in this forum was a good contrasting thread about east and west.

The Way is through all the writings so you do need to know at least the fundamentals to understand.

I read the Tao Te Ching. It's good shit. One verse I really liked was talking how the sage is not sick because he's sick of sickness. It's basicly saying knowing what the problem is is a positive step in the right direction of dealing with a problem.

I'm not like, studied up on that shit though.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

The Tao is the Truth

Sunny what do you know about taoism? can you recommend any books? I found this website called http://www.sacred-texts.com. There is a book called Tao te Ching by Lao-tzu. It is supose to explain some aspects of it.

Taoism 365 is great

Taoism is purely common sense

its for the wide awake man to put into practice

Youve all failed Taoism lesson 1, by trying to say "what it is".

If you had even read the first line of the Tao Te Ching, The Tao that can be described is not the eternal Tao.

So stop asking "what it is", and go and read. The Tao places no value in words, and in fact, the Tao Te Ching is mostly concerned with the futility of language.

Language is the Taos greatest enemy.

...born of a future war Face of the Golden Falcon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost In The 'Lac View Post

If you had even read the first line of the Tao Te Ching, The Tao that can be described is not the eternal Tao.

So stop asking "what it is", and go and read. The Tao places no value in words, and in fact, the Tao Te Ching is mostly concerned with the futility of language.

...better put yourself on that "failed" list. Wouldn't better advice be "go and live"?

HETEPU

Req Em Ab

Prince Rai

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost In The 'Lac View Post

You obviously didn't understand my last paragraph.

Here is your flaw:

You say that language is Taos greatest enemy, and then you, in the same post say, "go and read".

You are therefore prescribing to us the enemy of Tao to get closer to somehow grasping the idea of Tao?

Moreover, if by reading material surrounding the Tao allows us to familiarise ourselves somewhat to what "it is", then isn't language at the same time Taoisms best friend?

Remember that Tao is an eternal "Way". In eternity, language cannot always stay the enemy.

i'll check that out. i been interested in it every since i learn that Rza practices it. You want share what you know my man?

there are a few threads here on it - i'll see what i can find and continue from where we left off

Tao is common sense and balance
    its viewing everything from all sides and flowing your flow and using what you know to get where you need to get
    its putting things where they belong and keeping order
    Mental Martial Arts

sounds interesting as a hell. you said the book is called taoism 365? Correct?