once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 82

Thread: Taoism...Anyone?

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pro.Graveface View Post
    mad Thanx Journalz,


    Dope Thread Allahz Thanxz
    youre welcome

  2. #32
    Prince Rai
    Guest

    Default

    Tao-ism.

    Well Tao can be translated to being the "Way".

    It can be confusing for people to grasp at first, but it does fall into place if you reflect.

    The "Way" is a righteous system, whereby things fall into place. It is a "good" and a "bad" at the same time in order to generate the peaceful energy within or without.

    Look at the Yin-Yang circle, it intertwines two opposites to create a circle of life, 360.

    Both opposites keep each other alive and the method is the "Way"

    For example the world of "health" would not exist without the world of "ills" as we must measure something to the other.

    But as I recollect, Tao extends much further than just the Ying-Yang info above.

    Respecting your elders is a good balanced "Way". Helping the needy is a balanced "Way".


    Truthfully, the Tao of things is not all that easy to explain as I think more about it, because it fortunately is very expansive. But for everything, if ypu ponder and think about life processes, the D.N.A. of how things just happen is TAO. (imo)

  3. #33

    Default

    Youve all failed Taoism lesson 1, by trying to say "what it is".

    If you had even read the first line of the Tao Te Ching, The Tao that can be described is not the eternal Tao.

    So stop asking "what it is", and go and read. The Tao places no value in words, and in fact, the Tao Te Ching is mostly concerned with the futility of language.

    Language is the Taos greatest enemy.


  4. #34
    ...born of a future war Face of the Golden Falcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Within the ALL...
    Age
    34
    Posts
    758
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost In The 'Lac View Post
    Youve all failed Taoism lesson 1, by trying to say "what it is".

    If you had even read the first line of the Tao Te Ching, The Tao that can be described is not the eternal Tao.

    So stop asking "what it is", and go and read. The Tao places no value in words, and in fact, the Tao Te Ching is mostly concerned with the futility of language.

    Language is the Taos greatest enemy.
    ...better put yourself on that "failed" list. Wouldn't better advice be "go and live"?

    HETEPU

    Req Em Ab



  5. #35
    God's Replica Mumm Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Black Pyramid
    Age
    32
    Posts
    11,347
    Rep Power
    92

    Default

    lol yeah that's what i was thinking


    realistically speaking -
    words are rarely if ever the true form of anything
    though they help us understand what they point to


  6. #36

    Default

    taobums.com is an ill site to build and q&a with taoist

  7. #37
    HANIF Urban_Journalz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The Inner Realms of Outer Space
    Posts
    2,094
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pro.Graveface View Post
    mad Thanx Journalz,


    Dope Thread Allahz Thanxz
    Not a problem doc. Use that second book wisely homie, because it's a gem.
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

  8. #38

    Default

    the i ching and the tao te ching go hand in hand imo

    by the way try to get more than one translation however much sure it has commentary

  9. #39
    HANIF Urban_Journalz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The Inner Realms of Outer Space
    Posts
    2,094
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allahs_Disciple View Post
    Where does the Yin Yang Symbol come from?

    http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/yinyang.htm
    This is only a brief description, but I'll do the best I can. The Yin/Yang Symbol is a representation of what comes after the pure divine power that is creation itself. In Taoist Yoga, The Yin/Yang state is the stage before that of absolute oneness as far as the microcosm is concerned. The state most of us are in now, is represented by the 8 Trigrams of The I-Ching, seen most recently for most of us on the cover of the last Wu-Tang album. We are literally scattered and divided energy. The goal, therefore, as can be seen when reading, "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy & Immortality", is to gather all aspects of the self together again. Lao Tzu comments on this, "The Tao gave birth to One. One gave birth to Two. Two gave birth to Three. Three gave birth to Ten Thousand." The, "Two" mentioned here, is the Yin and the Yang. We have to backtrack really.
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz View Post
    This is only a brief description, but I'll do the best I can. The Yin/Yang Symbol is a representation of what comes after the pure divine power that is creation itself. In Taoist Yoga, The Yin/Yang state is the stage before that of absolute oneness as far as the microcosm is concerned. The state most of us are in now, is represented by the 8 Trigrams of The I-Ching, seen most recently for most of us on the cover of the last Wu-Tang album. We are literally scattered and divided energy. The goal, therefore, as can be seen when reading, "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy & Immortality", is to gather all aspects of the self together again. Lao Tzu comments on this, "The Tao gave birth to One. One gave birth to Two. Two gave birth to Three. Three gave birth to Ten Thousand." The, "Two" mentioned here, is the Yin and the Yang. We have to backtrack really.
    good drop

    check this out

    The Story of Ying and Yang and the earliest correlation to cosmology
    http://www.regenerating-universe.org..._cosmology.htm

  11. #41

  12. #42
    Prince Rai
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost In The 'Lac View Post
    Youve all failed Taoism lesson 1, by trying to say "what it is".

    If you had even read the first line of the Tao Te Ching, The Tao that can be described is not the eternal Tao.

    So stop asking "what it is", and go and read. The Tao places no value in words, and in fact, the Tao Te Ching is mostly concerned with the futility of language.

    Language is the Taos greatest enemy.
    You obviously didn't understand my last paragraph.

    Here is your flaw:

    You say that language is Taos greatest enemy, and then you, in the same post say, "go and read".

    You are therefore prescribing to us the enemy of Tao to get closer to somehow grasping the idea of Tao?

    Moreover, if by reading material surrounding the Tao allows us to familiarise ourselves somewhat to what "it is", then isn't language at the same time Taoisms best friend?



    Remember that Tao is an eternal "Way". In eternity, language cannot always stay the enemy.

  13. #43
    Prince Rai
    Guest

    Default

    ^^

    And just to add on,

    by NO means is language the enemy, it is ALWAYS the intention of the PERSON who uses it!

  14. #44
    No Father to my stench
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,021
    Rep Power
    0

    Default fffff

    PEACE
    well.....even though
    the gospel of Hiphop is now
    mah favorite number 1 book/scripture

    the number 2 spot is a tie......
    Love cipher(120) or I Ching

    so owl speak on sum I Ching

    the 6th line of the hexagram generally
    denotes the sage....the hermit....that
    dude on the mountain top....which can
    easily alternate to the situation of the
    1st line due to the fact that sages in
    the mountain generally are not rich

    if you notice religious folks tend to have
    money problems due to scripture
    misinterpertation

    the 5th line usually denotes the king

    the 4th the people surrounding the king

    the 3rd is usually where the trouble goes down

    the 2nd line usually where the the good
    regular type folks is

    and 1st is like the 2nd except usually
    represents the infancy of a situation

    Wind/Wood is symbolic of the Liver
    The liver deals with extra sensory perception
    and mental powers
    Wind wood is symbolic of proceedinghumbly

    grouped with wind/wood is thunder is symbolic of the gall bladder
    which deals with decision making
    and taking action

    fire(and small intestine) is symbolic of the heart
    brightness

    the earth is symbolic of the stomach
    and deals with resposiveness and pure
    yin energy

    the mountain is grouped with earth and is
    symbolic of the spleen which
    deals with meditation and transferring
    the earths energy into usable energy

    heaven is lungs which deals with initiating
    and pure yang energy

    the lake is grouped with heaven and
    symbolizes the large intestine
    and JOY

    and water is kidney....danger
    hardship

  15. #45
    BuddaHazeMysteryDeepSpace pro.Graveface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Groningen-Netherlandz
    Posts
    1,916
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    the i - TJING is book of changes , my pops is deep with it, he throws 3coinz and al ,allwayz funny when i interupt itslike he in mad calculating mood, haha, yo ima try to get that tao-te-tjing
    Last edited by pro.Graveface; 11-12-2010 at 04:49 PM.
    Art of Graveyardpoetry
    http://www.reverbnation.com/c./a4/21...86/Artist/link
    http://www.myspace.com/mc-gravespace
    Mother Yin Father Yang are my GrandParents!
    Graveface is now Gravespace

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •