Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lead In Prince Of Persia Cast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lead In Prince Of Persia Cast

Jake Gyllenhaal and Gemma Arterton (Getty Images photos)

Jake Gyllenhaal and Gemma Arterton will star in "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time," Walt Disney Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer Films' adaptation of Ubisoft's popular video game. Mike Newell is directing.

In the fantasy adventure, Gyllenhaal will play Dastan, a young prince in sixth century Persia who must join forces with Tamina (Arterton), a feisty and exotic princess, to prevent a villainous nobleman from possessing the Sands of Time, a gift from the gods that can reverse time and allow its possessor to rule the world.

Doug Miro & Carlo Bernard, Jordan Mechner and Boaz Yakin wrote the script, which is based on the many games created by Jordan Mechner.

Bruckheimer is producing, while Mike Stenson, Chad Oman and Patrick McCormick are exec producing.

Production is set to start in July.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

well this movie might be screwed you know how hollywood does when they adapt things its either really good (like Iron Man & Batman Begins) or really horrible (like bloodrayne, mortal kombat,street fighter,etc.)

What I want to know is why hollywood thinks it's still ok to cast white people in ethnic roles.....that may have been the way in the sixties and what not but that shit just don't play right with me.

Method Man

Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
    What I want to know is why hollywood thinks it's still ok to cast white people in ethnic roles.....that may have been the way in the sixties and what not but that shit just don't play right with me.
    Thats what I'm saying man. A lot of movies are like that. Hollywood just doesn't know how to cast characters.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

Right.

Looks more like the Prince of Wales.

That's what I'm thinking.

Like there are no Persian actors... Shit makes me sick...on a side note, Persian broads are banging!!!!

VZA

Gonna be a piss poor film.

JAKE FUCKING GYLLENHAAL?!

But he's not a shit actor, far from it in fact, I just think he's wrong for the part.

Method Man

VZA

But he's not a shit actor, far from it in fact, I just think he's wrong for the part.
    Yeah that's what I mean.

Don't get me wrong, the guy's well past having to prove his ability. Donnie Darko, Jarhead, Zodiac, he's a perfectly capable lead actor, but he certainly shouldn't be in prince of persia.

They will probably Persianise Jake for the role. Brown him up abit.

shouldn't they have casted a persian, or at least someone that looks persian, say like a cuban or something?

haha Prince of Wales...then Zeta Jones should play the chick..eloels.

They should atleast have gotten that Indian Bollywood chick! Anyway, the story in Prince of Persia isn't really that awesome to make a movie about it. I will be surprised if it will work out.

I actually have a friend who is persian and a proffesional actor, he would have been perfect for the role too, lets just say the news pissed him off.

Method Man