mos def is the most over rated mc of all time

In the ways of the world today
    It's so easy for us to stray away
    Trying to keep our mind from all the drugs and crime
    Material things keep us blind

Thumbs up Re: Most overrated emcee?

Quote Originally Posted by HighChief
    Tupac and its an easy choice, he was overrated from day one
    His lifestyle was one of contradiction. He went to art schools and had all the oppurtunity in the world and he wanted to be a thug. But thats not the point, the point is that he is the most overrated MC because some put him in the top 10 on their MC lists. He was a good MC, but nothing great. Also alot of people bought his fake image, lets face it the guy was an actor also. He talked shit about alot of people and then he got shot up. Chino XL ripped him.. He was a jekyl and hide kind of guy who degraded black females and then told them to keep their heads up so he could clown them again when he saw the same ho wherever he go.. He didnt care about people anymore than he cared to make money..
    I agree with everything you said
    I just don't like you, thats all.

Default Re: Most overrated emcee?

All of Dipset-c'mon, YES they do have music that gets you hyped up but their lyrical ability is SHIT! Also alot of the ''teeny boppers'' that are out dancing in their video's lol

But to be honest most of the mainstream artists are over-rated!

Formerly Arsehole

2pac - nothing new to say on him...

ok, I havn't heard much of Common, but from what I have heard he's overrated. His verse on Get Em High is sorta weak, but all the other stuff I heard from him I liked.

Kanye is kinda overrated, I like his stuff, but he's no great MC.

Jay-Z, like him but don't like a lot of his tracks.

Yeah @ Common on ''get 'em high''....some people went crazy over that like ''Shit that was sick; the return of the dope Common'' and I was like ''huh? it was kinda.....average''. However, minus that verse Common still remains one of my fave rappers.
    And totally 150% I agree @ Kanye, he is so over-rated its unreal-nothing more to say on that! lol

Papoose is also over-rater IMO, along with Lil Wayne (lately ppl have been going crazy over him)

By far 50 cent takes the cake!!!!!!!!

LOL at the person that said No Limit and Pastor Troy are overrated. First off, there's hardly such thing as No Limit anymore...just master P and a couple of no names. To be "overrated", you must be at a caliber where tons of people are either bumping your shit, or you receive excellent reviews.

Pastor Troy? lol. He has a few average albums and since when does anybody come up to you and say Pastor Troy is sick? lol...

Here's another thing, a lot of you complain about lyrics. One dude said T.I. is overrated. He makes consistant bangers in the mainstream. HIS MUSIC ISN'T ABOUT THE LYRICS you idiots. Now i can see somebody saying 50cent is overrated, but T.I. still keeps it gutter for the most part...and that's a main factor for sure.
    http://www.dopegame.com/index.php?ref=23302

John W. Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Shayzee
    But to be honest most of the mainstream artists are over-rated!

hey don't everyone get all mad at me now but I'm gonna say MF Doom, he's good but the way everyone worships him on this site, it's a little ridiculous

Well, i like MF Doom because he does not take himself so seriously.

smoke in your eye

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyBlack
    LOL at the person that said No Limit and Pastor Troy are overrated. First off, there's hardly such thing as No Limit anymore...just master P and a couple of no names. To be "overrated", you must be at a caliber where tons of people are either bumping your shit, or you receive excellent reviews.

Pastor Troy? lol. He has a few average albums and since when does anybody come up to you and say Pastor Troy is sick? lol...

Here's another thing, a lot of you complain about lyrics. One dude said T.I. is overrated. He makes consistant bangers in the mainstream. HIS MUSIC ISN'T ABOUT THE LYRICS you idiots. Now i can see somebody saying 50cent is overrated, but T.I. still keeps it gutter for the most part...and that's a main factor for sure.
    Younger cats & sum my age will try & tell me Pastor Troy, 50, & No Limit are dope. & like u did above I explain 2 them those MC's r overrated.

As for T.I. whether his lyrics are gutter or not he's overrated 2 me. He's just not as good as his hype. I'm not saying he's GARBAGE LIKE CHINGY,
    he's just an average MC with catchy hooks & OK beats

Quote Originally Posted by bringoutthegimp
    mos def is the most over rated mc of all time
    How So? He been involved in 2 albums that are considered by many to be classics, the Blackstar album and black on both sides. He's a lyrical talent that actually has something to say about the shortcomings of the society around him. Not many emcees do that, he's made a pretty big contribution to Hip Hop over the years, I dont see how he's overrated.

Formerly Arsehole

MF Doom is one of my favourite MC's, he has a great voice and he says stuff that no other MC's say. People like him because he's so unique.

MF Doom is waaaay overrated, he's borin as fuck, talib, pac, big, kanye (although he's a primarliy prod.) thats all 4 now