once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Happening [predictions]

PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ Tecknowledgist's Avatar

I don't care what anybody says

Signs traumatized me. That shit was creepy. I don't know why, usually horror/thriller movies never bother me but that one got to me. I can't watch it now lol

Unbreakable was a great movie.

Why is nobody mentioning The Sixth Sense? That was classic. I love M Night's shit

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

So did anybody see this movie this weekend? I saw so far that it got mixed reviews online.

I thought the Sixth Sense was overrated. Stir of Echoes was better and more scary.

Unbreakable was decent, but too short.

Signs was pretty good.

The Village was alright, but the ending was kinda lame.

I didn't see Lady in the Water yet.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STYLE View Post

here's the basic plot.
    earth's vegetation unleashes airborne neurotoxins that cause all those who breathe it to commit violent suicide.

signs was dope, lady in the water was dope, unbreakable... dope.

i loved the village.

i watched 40 mins of "the signal" online before i realized m.night's film was called "the happening" . lol it was not bad i was all into it waiting for the big twist.

anyway i'm never disappointed with m.nights stuff.

yeah signs was hot, so was the village and unbreakable but i wasn't crazy about lady in the water but this looks like a hot movie with theme

I've been a huge fan of M. Knight movies since the get-go. Man how are you guys hatin on Signs, its one of the most suspenseful movies Ive seen. And the Village ending is classic, I dont think a single fucking person could predict what was gonna happen.

As for the Happening, I saw it yesterday and can say it is easily the worst M.Knight movie to date (worse than Lady in the Water). It looks like they completely killed his budget, besides Wahlberg the acting is borderline soap opera, the concept is very good but Knight throws all his cards out on the table from the start and really doesnt further develop the concept. As for all the reviews I've read, I dont think I've seen a good one.

I walked out of the theatre wondering how the fuck M.Knight was possible of making this film, it really is that bad. Oh and if your expecting that huge signature twist, it doesnt come. But dont take it from me, go see it for yourself (or download it, which I definately suggest over paying $10 to see it)

You are not your job Tyler Durden's Avatar

Signs/6th Sense/Unbreakable Amazing

The Happening = shit.
    Saw it last night.
    The Happening, nothing happened.

They had a brillient Idea, executed it badly

wuswordz95

m kinght is a big dissapointment to me. unbreakable bored me to death. lady in the water kinda sucked. the village was a disappiontment. it wasnt scary.
    the happening looks overrated. on the good side the sixth sense is a great movie and I have yet to watch signs.

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

I can see why some bible thumping conservatives didn't like it.

The Happening had a great premise, but like it was said above, could've and should've been executed better. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great.. And he needed a 'great' movie after Lady In The Water. And though the acting was good, they came about what was 'happening' too easily, and it didn't feel traumatic or real enough.. The cool thing about it, is plants do this all the time, especially to insects when one species becomes too dominant. It COULD happen to humans, especially with all the genetic enhancement we do to crops and such, but it wouldn't happen that fast and on such a large scale.. and it would take years, or at the very least, a month, to figure out plants were releasing the neuro toxins and how to survive it. Not a day or two.

Those who have something to fall back on, always do.

to add another thought.. I think the movie could've been excellent, if he had spanned the story over several years, involving a few sets of main characters in different places around the world in a series of short stories, and ending with a set of characters making the dramatc discovery of what was going on...

Those who have something to fall back on, always do.

I forgot to mention, i was completely baffled by the amount of corny scenes in the movie. The scene with the lions looked like it belonged in an indie horror $10k budget flick. Same with the scene where the kids get shot, that shit belonged in a soap opera.

I dont see how you can call the acting good, besides Wahlberg's part.