once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: U-God > ODB

Default U-God > ODB

I'm sick of kids saying that U-God is garbage while they give ODB (RIP) crazy props. Yeah ODB was spontaneous and entertaining but come on!! Besides all the crazy shit, his lyrics were garbage - and I'm a fan his. U-god has not put out anything on the level of odb (I mean screaming over a track or recycling the same song 45 times...). Even U-gods rhyme flow is more consistant than ODB's. It's almost like after 36 Chambers (ODB's Strongest) and part way through Return to the 36 Chambers, he just gave up. So in conclusion, ODB = very entertaining artist but no lyrics, U-God = Very lyrical artist, not very entertaining. Go listen to Forever and tell me this isn't the truth but also we'll see what both of their latest attempt yield <as he steps down from his soap box>

Default Re: U-God > ODB

lol

odb is wayyyyyyy ahead ugod..

ODB without a doubt.
    Shaolin Gotz Da Krown.

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

Why exactly does it matter that other people like ODB more than U-God?
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

Veteran Member

I don't know but I have always supported U-God when people say he's rubbish(which is a lot).
    I mean I listen to songs like blackjesus and think how can cats say this guy is soo rubbish,and hate on him!

did you hear Reunited? he had the best verse on the best song from CD 1.

heh man i dont know what you thinking about when you say odb recycled his song 45 times.... thats straight bullshit.....

and what about lyrics? heh you talked like you never hear odb debut album...... listenin to that shit man and then tell us you still thinks odb lyrics are garbage.......

and try to compare ugod debut to odb first solo........you think odb eat ugod solo just because he is so entertaining ??

ahh man you said that odb is zero lyrics and only entertaiment.... thats next bullshit man...
    entertaining rapers are niggaz like 50 or some south crank bitches who got zero mic skillz. and you put odb next to them......... wtf?

last thing - you think odb verses are stupid and he aint got lyriacl skillz ? maybe yuo just dont understand what he say man. theres a topic on wutangcorp right here about hidden meaning of wu lyrics and theres a lot of odb lyrics out there........ go look at it and then tell us odb lyrics sucks...............

peace

----the what you said iz truth.....wu will survive----

ODB not being lyrical????. What a laughter!
    Shaolin Gotz Da Krown.

Veteran Member

ODB had the best verse in Reunited? lol please......
    "I gotcha back, but you best watch your front,
    cuz its the niggaz who front that be pullin stuntz."
    -Gza

u-god is dope, but if you prefer him to odb you dont have a soul. fuck that "very lyrical" bullshit...

-there's more to MCing than lyrics. for real, anyone who thinks rapping is only about lyrics has never been near a mic.
    -odb's lyrics are a hell of a lot more creative than the generic blah blah religious allusion blah blah swinging swords blah blah the ghetto is mad dangerous son blah blah put out by so called "lyrical" cats like killarmy and sunz of man.
    -all in together now has crazy lyrics. as do odb's verses on ghetto superstar. as does his verse on reunited. as does just about everything on return to the 36 chambers. noone else writes lyrics like odb, just like noone raps like odb. period.
    -u-god's hardly a lyrical genius. he comes up with some nice stuff every now and again but his shit is often very awkward.

they are like positive and negative...total opposites. as opposed to comparing the two, just enjoy what they both have to offer.
    http://www.dopegame.com/index.php?ref=23302

ODB does lack some lyrical ability but it was his personality that mad every song worth listenin to cuz u never know what he gone say

"I wanna see blood, wheather its period blood or bustin ya fuckin face SOME BLOOOOOOD"
    Walk In My Shoes, Hurt Ya Feet, Then Yall Gone Know Why I Do Dirt In The Street.

"Shorty gimme more a u, ill take on 4 of u, plus 44 of the 48 laws for u"

"The Future is a mystery, the past is history, today is a
    gift thats why its called the present"

Um on 7 Mile Ridin fuckin Dirty

Cass Corridor as well punk

www.forgottenmichigan.com

I personally think this thread is fucking gay.

When it comes to solos,I prefer ODB's LPs
    When it Clan Tracks,I prefer U God's lyrics
    Wu Tang Forever.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Literate Type Asshole
    u-god is dope, but if you prefer him to odb you dont have a soul. fuck that "very lyrical" bullshit...

-there's more to MCing than lyrics. for real, anyone who thinks rapping is only about lyrics has never been near a mic.
    -odb's lyrics are a hell of a lot more creative than the generic blah blah religious allusion blah blah swinging swords blah blah the ghetto is mad dangerous son blah blah put out by so called "lyrical" cats like killarmy and sunz of man.
    -all in together now has crazy lyrics. as do odb's verses on ghetto superstar. as does his verse on reunited. as does just about everything on return to the 36 chambers. noone else writes lyrics like odb, just like noone raps like odb. period.
    -u-god's hardly a lyrical genius. he comes up with some nice stuff every now and again but his shit is often very awkward.
    What do you mean by saying U-Gods lyrics are "awkward"!?