Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Call of Duty 5: World at War SCREENSHOTS

The company that made cod4 (Infinity Ward) is NOT making this one. Treyarch, I just found out, is making this one. So this for me = N0 BUY
    The, U. NY Knicks. NY Jets. NY Mets. > Ur teams = The Truth

I ended up downloading the online beta over the weekend. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I really didn't like COD3 so with Treyarch back in control I wasn't expecting much. That said I think this is going to be a great game. It's very much like COD4 with the ranking, perks, prestige, unlockables etc. Basically it's the same as COD4 but in a WWII setting. The gameplay is pretty much the same and the environments look like they will be really good. If you get a 3 kill streak you get a UAV (they call it a recon plane), 5 kills gets you an artillary strike and a 7 kill streak gets you a pack of dogs that run around the whole map trying to kill the enemy. It's not as cheap as the chopper cause you can kill the dogs before they kill you. If it's a tight map you will get lots of kills with them though.

In the beta there are three maps available. On one of the maps each team has a tank. I wasn't sure how I would like that but it works well.

I was in the mindset that it wasn't going to be a very good game since Treyarch was involved. If you were like me though I would suggest giving the game a chance. IMO if you liked COD4 you will like COD5.

I've just played it. It's pretty cool, but it lacks something, I don't know... It's brilliant of course, but I could use stronger sound of weapons. These ones sound like you're popping cans with can openers...

Otherwise, the game is pretty entertaining, not intense as the last ones.... I guess CoD6 will be better, since it's from Infinity Ward, not from Treyarch...

How many multiplayer maps does the game have?

Quote Originally Posted by Shizzah View Post
    I've just played it. It's pretty cool, but it lacks something, I don't know... It's brilliant of course, but I could use stronger sound of weapons. These ones sound like you're popping cans with can openers...

Otherwise, the game is pretty entertaining, not intense as the last ones.... I guess CoD6 will be better, since it's from Infinity Ward, not from Treyarch...
    \

agree with the sounds...they suck
    multiplayer is fun some maps are dop lots of places to roam around in

I copped it today. Didn't play it yet. Maybe in a few hours.

I just beat the game.

It's murderously good. It gets better with each mission. The sounds stay somewhat soft though. And the emotion that grabs you in a particular mission is unbelievably realistic and lucid. You'll see.

I'll try co-op now.

Quote Originally Posted by demented View Post
    The company that made cod4 (Infinity Ward) is NOT making this one. Treyarch, I just found out, is making this one. So this for me = N0 BUY
    I thought the same thing until I got my hands on it.

It uses the same Engine as CoD4 and Far Cry 2 and it's at least as good as CoD4.

Go Get It!

I had problems logging in today.

Don't know if it works now though. I started playing the normal levels.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

COD5 is an instant cop if u have a good machine and like to MP.
    bring back begongo!!

Is this game worth it then? I got some vouchers from my work yesterday cos i been made redundant so I wanna put it towards a game. Either this or Cypress Hill - Stoned Raiders anyway

300zx TT!!!

Default Go

great game
    ________
    LIST OF CHRYSLER ENGINES
    Last edited by 16th_Chamber; 05-10-2011 at 05:52 PM.

picked this up yesterday (pretty sure I've nearly completed it too) so if anyone wants a ps3 match psn is shaolinsword

HOLY BEE. graphics looks good!
    "ayo splash? wher'd you get that exclusive?"