Will peep this when i'm uncapped. peace
Ticking Time Bomb = O.o!!
Conquer: This is joint is sick with thos voices, and ill drums.
Master Style: I remember this joint!!! Love the swtich up and the rattle snake noises (Might be my favorite).
Conspiracy: Love the bass on this...haunting joint.
The Ticking Time Bomb: Although it had no type of switches it was still a catchy ass loop. Feeling it.
Strike: Feeling the instrument work on this. Tight beat.
The Labortory: Sick instruents... real nice atmosphere. feeling the little scratching.
So I peeped the whole beat-tape...the ones that I reviewed were the ones that cought my attention. Everything else was pretty solid E. My question to you is: Which ones did you use samples on, and whcih ones did you compose ENTIRELY? Your composing skills are ill. Props on this one.
1. Intro - pretty pointless lol, but meh
2. Brute Force - my favourite. The vocals are beautiful, as is the harps in the background, the horns are powerful, and when the hook comes in, you get blown the fuck outta the room. Loving it ERAP!
3. Conquer - another amazing one, sampling is very tight, maybe needs a bassline because it sounds a little empty, though the electric bass you add underneath is pretty tight. Love the symphonic feel, very dope son.
4. The Kingdom - dope! What the fuck, three straight bangers, percussion is very unique on this one, war drums, very nice, the change up is PERFECT, you are great at picking good brass and vocal samples son, amazing so far.
5. Doomsday - i suppose you composed this one? Drum needs to be heavier to match that raw as hell synth bassline. More change ups required, this one has mad potential but gets repetitive as you go on. That quiet vocal that pans in is dope though.
6. Street Burial - i love the trumpet that comes in echoing in the background, drums are VERY hard on this one, but the organs are a bit grating at times, nonethless, very strong track.
7. Chop Chop - tight but DEFINITELY needs more change ups. Drums are a bit soft on this one, the sample is a sick one, but you needed to add a change up for a hook that blasts loud, this one builds up and then leaves the listener hanging.
8. Master Style - this is all RZA. Very creative, love the sound FX, very dark, needs the drum and bass to kick harder though, and that violin is WAY too loud haha, but i'd say it is a banger, very deadly and unique. That piano is menacing!
9. Conspiracy - don't feel this one too much. Drum is weak, keys are eerie but too repetitive, very high pitched and grating, bassline is dope though.
10. Madness - VERY dope track, sampling is on point, sounds extremely menacing, when those background samples come in the track takes off to another dimension, its on some final battle at the end of the universe shit!
11. Rampage - my younger brother, who composes, made one similar to this, same sound effect, but tooooo repetitive. You find dope melodies when you compose, but you need the change ups to keep this melodies sounding interesting for longer than 1 minute.
12. Ticking Time Bomb - repetitive, but you get away with it because that loop is soooo fucking SICK! Drums need a bit more oomph to give it that adrenaline feel your searching for, but you came on point with this one.
13. Rollin Deep - straaaaange track. Like the drums, but seems a bit empty. It sounds hollow, maybe the SFX do it, but something is missing from this track...
14. Strike - o.0 another epic. Huge sample there, epic sound, maybe a bit more change ups required again, but that sample you picked for it is definitely sharp, you got a good'un there, very strong track.
15. Tough City - the bassline in the background is dope, reminds me of Windmill, but the organs on this one are grating, maybe a bit too loud, and definitely too repetitive.
16. The Laboratory - another certified banger, mad samples, on point, drums are a bit soft, but the 'calm before the storm' part of the song is pure artwork. Sounds amazing, and then the big change up, wow, hotttt track.
Overall, i'd give it and 8, maybe 8.5 out of 10. The first 3 tracks, Master Style, Madness, Ticking Time Bomb, Strike and The Laboratory are all amazing tracks, that NEEED an MC's blessing. Out of the composed beats, i feel Street Burial the most, that one has madddd potential.
Nice review Shinobi... I heard the beat tape again while reading it... good job
I will rep you tommorow... I am out of repping power for the day.
Intro was short and sweet Hahaha. Yeah So Bruteforce I thought was one of the best beats on the tape. The samples interplay very well if you took these from 2 different sources. The changeup is on point. The one thing I hear is muddiness on the bottom end. Right away this is something I notice on all your beats. You got to get better at mixing cause you got a nice hardcore sound. I don't think the drums are all the way right with Conquer everything else is cool. That panning bass blast is sick haha really ill. Sounds like a soundtrack. I definitely think it needs a crisper snare. The Kingdom is hot man where do you get these bass sounds. Like almost everything here but the drums are pushed down in the mix. Doomsday is plain but I'm liking the snare. Simple melody but effective. Maybe that bass could be turned down some. Streer Burial has cool drums and that shaker sounds ill. Horn is loud. Distortion on Chop Chop. You maintain a consistent sound throughout the tape that's for sure.
Master Style has sick action vibe reminds me of the ship in Ninja Gaiden. I think this takes it for best beat on the tape. This one is inspiring. I'm not really feelin Conspiracy the bass is overpowering and its really plain to me like Doomsday. Madness starts out action-packed interesting sound I always say the same thing and I thought it might just be my headphones but I listen to a lot of beats and you bass is just too overpowering to the tracks. Which is a shame since the beats are solid. Got to up the drums on Rampage and at 11 beats in this is too vanilla I feel the tape is running out of steam now. Some nice drops but nothing to keep me listening. Time Bomb is cool I think and MC on this would make it hot. With some strong story type vibe. Feelin the explosion ending. Rollin Deep has a really cool drum loop but the track is just weird didn't see this coming. You've got a lot of room to add sounds on a lot of these beats. Funny earlier I said the bass was overpowering and Rolling Deep could actually use a bassline. This beat has potential I actually don't like the synth and would've gone a different direction here. Strike is back to business feelin the energy drums are getting drowned out though. Good energy. Toughcity sounds like a Gameboy throwback. Fresh beat this would be unexpected on an album haha. Feelin it but needs a new mix. Final beat The Laboratory. This is one of the better mixes on the tape.
Overall a lot of hard beats with good ideas and good to bad execution. I like the consistent theme of the beats and the hardcore nature of them. The main problem is mixing followed by repetitiveness. The bass is overpowering and the whole beat becomes either too loud or there are things you can't hear that you should be able to. Then you have some beats that were like skeletons to me. More sounds could fit in a lot of places. A more minor thing that bothered me is drum selection a couple joints just weren't sounding right. Like at the end of The Kingdom the kick you using aint hittin for me. Nice potential though I think you should work on mixing mainly as you got some dope concepts here then work on the progression in your beats some of these are really repetitive and hard to keep listening to. Keep those ill bass sounds though just turn them down. Looking forward to the next one.
Favorites were Master Style and The Laboratory.
i appreciate the honesty on the review i must admit that some of the beats aint finished is cause i get lazy at time but believe it or not most of these beats when i was making them i wasn't really trying to create a banger cause i made them in 10 minutes or less(on the real) i really wanted to get feedback on most of them but i didn't want to post one by one so i posted all and called it a beat tape...but i'm really working on 1 now on some military shit (platoon) so be on the lookout for that once again thanx to all those that posted and downloaded i promise to give ya better quality next time peace...
If you are making these in 10 minutes fam, you spending a few days on a beat would be deadly. The Kingdom just needs those drum kicks to be harder but i love that rolling drum rumble...it would be the best track. Master Style is amazing...that track made my jaw drop.
I see that Shinobi and Ern already got on a track off this beat tape..it is cool if I lace up a solo joint?
Caught up with the sky
Shot at God.