Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When Lies Go TOO FAR.....

Default When Lies Go TOO FAR.....

Ok I respect Kanye for some of the work he did on Late Registration......but the shit he's saying is makin him look like a fuckin lunatic...look at this:

As Kanye West gets ready to drop Late Registration on the masses, the emcee/producer took the time to let MTV know that he is much more than just your average producer or rapper. He is in fact an activist.

"I didn't set out to be an activist," he said to MTV. "I was born into it. My grandfather drove the first car in [some civil rights] marches [in the 1960s]. My grandfather said, 'We goin' in and we finnin' to sit down over here.' Like I said on the first album, my mother got arrested at 6 years old for the sit-ins.

"My father was a former Black Panther," he added. "Now he's converted his life and he's a counselor. He's at a bunch of different jobs where his main goal is to help people and to teach, and my mother's main goal is to help people and to teach. And these two people made me. I have one of the biggest voices around, so I'm not tryin' to hurt people, I'm tryin' to help people and to teach. I can't find out some information and not tell you."

Kanye has said that his third album, tentatively titled Graduation, will get deeper into social commentary but for now Late Registration will be the avenue to make great music injected with socially relevant topics.

Track list for Kanye West's Late Registration

"Wake Up Mr. West"

"Heard 'Em Say" (featuring Adam Levine)

"Touch the Sky" (featuring Lupe Fiasco)

"Gold Digger" (featuring Jamie Foxx)

Skit #1

"Drive Slow" (featuring Paul Wall and GLC)

"My Way Home" (featuring Common)

"Crack Music" (featuring Game)

"Roses"

"Bring Me Down" (featuring Brandy)

"Addiction "

Skit #2

"Diamonds From Sierra Leone" (remix, featuring Jay-Z)

"We Major" (featuring Nas and Really Doe)

Skit #3

"Hey Mama "

"Celebration"

Skit #4

"Gone" (featuring Consequence and Cam'ron)

"Diamonds From Sierra Leone" (bonus track)

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Default Re: When Lies Go TOO FAR.....

?

In the ways of the world today
    It's so easy for us to stray away
    Trying to keep our mind from all the drugs and crime
    Material things keep us blind

you know damn well his parents ain't do that shit.....also I forgot the part where he said his album was revolutionary....i've heard it and while it's nice, i've heard better

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

maybe they did, i dont know and neither do you, plus i dont know why he would lie about it. kanye is a real dumbass though, every time he opens his mouth he loses a fan, just ignore what he says in interviews and listen to the music

In the ways of the world today
    It's so easy for us to stray away
    Trying to keep our mind from all the drugs and crime
    Material things keep us blind

Dolla dolla bill yaaaall! RhymzaRua's Avatar

How can you tell that his parents didn't do that?

dont mind his ranting....maybe fake or maybe real.....watever
    just enjoy the music

p.s. Late Registration's dope

peace
    a.k.a. The Difference saying check out my 1st video

Ayo i got the album I love it great album

I want you to put your hands together and
    welcome him to the stage -- a big round of applause for Jackson Heights'
    own, Mr. Randy Watson! Yesssss!!!! Randy Watson!

yeah but it's when he says stupidness like this......

kanye is a fuckin herb.. not sayin hes talentless, but a fuckin herb..

i dont fuckin care.....his abums are still dope...this dont take nothin away from his music quality.,,and as long as iam not gay..i dont give a fuck about kanye as a person...u cant even proof him wrong actually...so care even less...lol at them dudes ..."yo why do u dont like to listen to kanyes albums ???".."naw dude is gay man, he rocks pink shirts !!".."yo man dont u think to care about other mans fashion is even more gay ??"""..hater : yo man fuck u...u dont know shit about rap..u kid, u this and that..bla bla bla...llooolll

music is personal, after a while you start to develop a connection to the person, you see their life in this music......you yourself talk about Ghostface and DMX having feeling in their music, and that's why you like it.....Well, after a while the arrogant bullshit Kanye says gets to you, case in point when I was listening to his album....I like it, it's good, but nowhere near what he is claiming it to be. His arrogance also turns potential listeners off, so in the end he ruins his own goal. Think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu
    music is personal, after a while you start to develop a connection to the person, you see their life in this music......you yourself talk about Ghostface and DMX having feeling in their music, and that's why you like it.....Well, after a while the arrogant bullshit Kanye says gets to you, case in point when I was listening to his album....I like it, it's good, but nowhere near what he is claiming it to be. His arrogance also turns potential listeners off, so in the end he ruins his own goal. Think about that.
    yeah....well i have no real problem with his arogance....i get a feeling from his music...not from what he says in some interviews on MTV.....kanye also says alot of good shit in the media, where i can relate to though..he aint that mafucka some hates make him out to be...i think its cool with thim - and stop takin his shit sirious - its his humor...hes a playin bitch..

great point. music IS emotion. and emotion is displayed by humans not robots.

I just cannot show great respect to a guy who has a ghostwriter. He's a pretty good producer though.

???

I don't really get you?

How do you not know his parents were not activists?
    this post is fuckin stupid

you know damn well his parents ain't do that shit.....also I forgot the part where he said his album was revolutionary....i've heard it and while it's nice, i've heard better