Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pride FC vs. UFC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pride FC vs. UFC

I was thinking about this because UFC had a major event last weekend where in one bout Chuck Liddell retained his light heavyweight belt. Now, this weekend Pride FC will have a major event. But, my question is:

Who has the better fighters?

Personally, I think Pride has the better fighters. Especially, after I saw Chuck Liddell (UFC fighter and current champion in his weight class) get beat up by Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (Pride fighter not even in the best in his weight class). Pride's middleweight champ, Vandeleigh Silva, is a beast too, and looks almost unbeatable.

I don't know, what do you all think?

Default Re: Pride FC vs. UFC

My bad, I butchered that name above. It is actually Wanderlei Silva.

pride seems the best from what ive seen, ring>cage and the pride fighters in the maint divisions seem better

chucks got better since then, hed probly take rampage now

Mr Wuniverse

Pride is easily the bigger stage. Ask any fighter apart fae Couture and Ortiz who wont fight unless its in a cage and they tell you same (they got wasted in rings). The best UFC champs in the history of the sport, Coleman, Kerr, Royce, Shamrock, etc etc etc; all had bad beatdowns in pride. The money in Japan is crazy. Wandy making bout a mil a fight so I hear. A whole UFC show dont pay that out.

There is no question. Its like comparing a Mustang (UFC) to a Ferrari (Pride).

Plus in Pride you allowed to stomp on heads, and knee a downed opponent in the face making for a better fight, less rules, less rules the better coz it takes the sport of no holds barred fightin back to the essence of vale tudo (anything goes) as much as humanly possible.

Japan is a country built on traditions, martial arts being 1 of them. The Japanese love the sport of vale tudo more than americans love the NFL n shit so you become a God when you fight in front of them. Its an honour, UFC is just a wicked accomplishment.

But still, UFC brought vale tudo to the mainstream so credit must be given there too. Although Rorion did sell up when their point had been made, and they focused on expanding the familys reputation through Rickson in Japan.

Peace.
    Peace!

Rampage Jacksons The Man, In His Interview He Says " I Just Like To Slam Niggaz"

Mr Wuniverse

Quote Originally Posted by urbanlegendmf
    Rampage Jacksons The Man, In His Interview He Says " I Just Like To Slam Niggaz"
    Rampage is a funny mofo. Badly needs some coachin though in the basics. Then he should take his ass to the UFC and dominate!
    Peace!

u ever been to a real ufc or pride match......bbm...ill take u to a ravens game and u take me to a pride match ok

Mr Wuniverse

Quote Originally Posted by 100pr00f
    u ever been to a real ufc or pride match......bbm...ill take u to a ravens game and u take me to a pride match ok
    I wish man. Pride tickets cost a few hundred and it costs an arm n leg to get there fae my part. When I eventually get to Thailand im going though. UFC, it would take a really good fightcard for me to go there, coz I get the shit over here live for nuttin
    Peace!

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

hey I seen this show called inked and they had these guys fighting in a cage super heavy weight match Big E and against the Champion i was wondering what venue it was...PRide, UFC...""""

Wrath of 1000 Sun Gods

Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat
    I was thinking about this because UFC had a major event last weekend where in one bout Chuck Liddell retained his light heavyweight belt. Now, this weekend Pride FC will have a major event. But, my question is:

Who has the better fighters?

Personally, I think Pride has the better fighters. Especially, after I saw Chuck Liddell (UFC fighter and current champion in his weight class) get beat up by Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (Pride fighter not even in the best in his weight class). Pride's middleweight champ, Vandeleigh Silva, is a beast too, and looks almost unbeatable.

I don't know, what do you all think?
    Doesn't Chuck Liddell have a fight with Jeremy Horn this weekend?

chuck fought jeremy horn last saturday and won because he hit jeremy horn so hard he started seeing double after the first round. i think it was round 3 when jeremy had the fight stopped. chuck is a really nice guy. i train at a royce gracie school and just about ever fighter i've had a chance to meet has been really cool and down to earth. i'd like to see a chuck vs. silva match some time. my money would be on silva.

WuCorp Million Dollar Man Roman Deini's Avatar

didnt chuck said he wanted to fight silva after he beat couture and won the title in the ufc? thats gonna be an interesting bout tho, money is on silva. and ortiz a pussy tho, how long was he ducking for chuck? a long time.

“Catch your dreams before they slip away. Dying all the time, lose your dreams, and you will lose your mind. Ain't life unkind?”

Mr Wuniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Don Deini
    didnt chuck said he wanted to fight silva after he beat couture and won the title in the ufc? thats gonna be an interesting bout tho, money is on silva. and ortiz a pussy tho, how long was he ducking for chuck? a long time.
    Chuck will only get a chance at Silva if he can beat Rampage in a rematch. Rampage had him cryin like a female, so until he makes up for that he aint good enough to fight Silva. Silva would crush him man.
    Peace!

Tian Xia

lol i[m downloading the liddell vs rampage fight now any good prides to get ?

Mr Wuniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Fragmented
    lol i[m downloading the liddell vs rampage fight now any good prides to get ?
    Pride 10 - Return of the Warriors

Renzo Gracie vs Kazushi Sakuraba
    Ken Shamrock vs Kazuyuki Fujita
    Mark Kerr vs Borisov Igor
    Igor Vovchanchin vs Enson Inoue
    Ricco Rodriguez vs "Giant" Ochai
    Gilbert Yvel vs Gary Goodridge
    Vitor Belfort vs Daijiro Matsui
    Ryan Gracie vs Tokimitsu Ishizawa
    Guy Mezger vs Wanderlei Silva

and Pride 17 - Championship Chaos

Kazushi Sakuraba vs Wanderlei Silva
    Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Heath Herring
    Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs Yuki Ishikawa
    Mario Sperry vs Igor Vovchanchyn
    Renzo Gracie vs Michiyoshi Ohara
    Semmy Schilt vs Masaaki Satake
    Dan Henderson vs Murilo "Ninja" Rua
    Tom Erikson vs Matt Skelton (aye - the boxer haha)

They my 2 favourites. Have all the prides up to 26 basically. Some bought and some copied courtesy of meta4 who posted here back in the days
    Peace!