once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: what do you think should happen to the metal gear series now?

Veteran Member

Default what do you think should happen to the metal gear series now?

i personally feel that they should leave metal gear 4 as the last game in the story but i really think that the original metal gear games (the ones not released on playstation metal gear and metal gear 2) should be remade. why not? it wont have fans thinking that bringing a new metal gear out is jus stretching the series too far instead its the same storyline as the originals just with videos and graphics of metal gear 4. it seems such a simple and good idea as most (i guess) metal gear fans havnt played the originals.and maybe it could include them in there old skool form aswell to keep the older metal gear fans happy

and maybe jus keep improving the metal gear online section of the game for a good while

what you think?

kojima should go focus now on zone of the enders.

i don't want a new mgs tbqh...

It would be good to see the original MGS games being remade but it should be a side project for Kojima. I want to see a fresh game from him rather than just going over already successful ground

"MG and MG Solid Snake" i always wanted a remake of those games since i never played them

i think MG should continue with different characters and a new story cuz MG is one of a kind game hate to see it end. I hope the person replacing Kojima have the same skill as him

as for Kojima new games from him are always welcome, i never got the chance to play Policenauts so i miss on that having him focusing on ZOE should be a good start thou
    Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

the old games remade sounds good but......

I want a game where you play as one of the ninjas, or maybe the old games remade but from grey fox's perspective, or big Boss's.

Possibly a behind the scenes type game, where your pulling missions sneaking behind snakes back, without him ever knowing, a story beneath a story.

Or

Give Akiba the reigns as the new snake to a new threat. LOL (i'm joking.)

Metal Gear Solid Movie is coming out, it's sick, Hideo Kojima is doing the story and David Hayter is doing the screen play.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808372/

for the games, Hideo said that he doesn't mind passing Metal Gear on to the new generation, but Snake is out of the picture for sure.

it's hard to come up with something original and creative enough than can satisfy Metal Gear fans' needs, though i think a realllly good game would be playing as Raiden getting Sunny back from the Patriots.

i also pointed out before that a Frank Jaeger game would be sick, and a MG remake aswell.

a new metal gear series would be hard for the fans since snake/big boss is the main character. sure you have others but nobody comes close to snake/big boss in terms of a badass character.

well the Raiden thing eventually cooled off, and people started liking him...so if they at least announce before hand that someone else will be the main character...it should be ok..especially if its Gray Fox.

I say leave it be. I hate when shit gets milked dry. MG and MG2 were released with MGS3:Subsistence. If you want to play them, go pick it up.

ZoE3 now please.

i dont think thats the issue, i have subsistence...but it would be cool IF ANYTHING AT ALL to do a remake of them, otherwise...ya i agree...goodnight MGS