View Poll Results: rate it..

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Masterpiece

    3 6.52%
  • 9 - Superior

    9 19.57%
  • 8 - Banger

    21 45.65%
  • 7 - Good

    7 15.22%
  • 6 - Average

    2 4.35%
  • 5 - Barely decent

    1 2.17%
  • 4 - Boring

    1 2.17%
  • 3 - Weak

    2 4.35%
  • 2 - Weaker

    0 0%
  • 1 - Wack

    0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48

Thread: T.H.U.G. Angelz - Welcome To Red Hook Houses

  1. #1
    Killer Bob claaa7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    THE BLACK LODGE
    Posts
    13,843
    Rep Power
    92

    Default T.H.U.G. Angelz - Welcome To Red Hook Houses


    01. Cab Ride Opening
    02. Welcome To Red Hook Houses
    03. Jail Saga
    04. The Orbituary (E.B.G.G.)
    05. My Brother's Keeper
    06. Gang Love
    07. South Brooklyn (The Anthem)
    08. Audiobiography [Remix]
    09. Apt.7G (Blacksmiths)
    10. The Visit [f/ 7th Ambassador]
    11. Under The Wing
    12. Confessions of a T.H.U.G. Angel (Closing)
    13. 144,000



    daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

    r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

  2. #2
    Killer Bob claaa7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    THE BLACK LODGE
    Posts
    13,843
    Rep Power
    92

    Default

    banging album, on the first few listens I would definitely say that it's one of the best albums of the year. i would count this as a real full-lenght album although they say that it's a prequel of some sort, but there's 47 minutes of new music, no dj's and all are full tracks. I gotta say that 'Bazz and Razah really compliments eachother well and I think this will be in my rotation for a long time from now!



    daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

    r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

  3. #3
    * Mighty Healthy * pmack215's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ILLadelph (but just moved to Ft.Lauderdale)
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,167
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    banging album, on the first few listens I would definitely say that it's one of the best albums of the year. i would count this as a real full-lenght album although they say that it's a prequel of some sort, but there's 47 minutes of new music, no dj's and all are full tracks. I gotta say that 'Bazz and Razah really compliments eachother well and I think this will be in my rotation for a long time from now!
    u gonna review it / rate it?

    peace.

  4. #4
    Killer Bob claaa7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    THE BLACK LODGE
    Posts
    13,843
    Rep Power
    92

    Default

    aight i'ma try to rate the album track-by-track since I've heard it about 5 times now. these ratings are most likely to change (for better or for worse) as I get more used to the album, but as for now:

    01. Cab Ride Opening (9/10)
    02. Welcome To Red Hook Houses (8.5/10)
    03. Jail Saga (9/10)
    04. The Orbituary: E.B.G.G. (10/10)
    05. My Brother's Keeper (9/10)
    06. Gang Love (8.5/10)
    07. South Brooklyn: The Anthem (9/10)
    08. Audiobiography Remix (10/10)
    09. Apt. 7G: Blacksmiths (8/10)
    10. The Visit (8/10)
    11. Under The Wing (9/10)
    12. Confessions of a THUG Angel (9/10)
    13. 144,000 (8.5/10)
    OVERALL: 9/10

    As you can see I'm feeling everything on this album alot and it holds the album of the year spot for me at the moment. Both 'Bazz and Razah brings their A-game and production is top-notch and very consistent. If this is just a prequel too a "real" album I imagine the coming album as a undisputed masterpiece. Don't even consider buying this one, just do it!!
    Last edited by claaa7; 07-10-2008 at 12:50 PM.



    daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

    r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

  5. #5
    NOBLE SCITY IronFingaz7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,722
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Superior, would say Masterpiece but its way too early.

    P.E.A.C.E.

  6. #6

    Default

    really feelin the album- my favorite joints at the moment are Jail Saga, Brothers Keeper, and BLACKSMITHS

  7. #7
    aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Cuse Town, Usa
    Posts
    10,308
    Rep Power
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    aight i'ma try to rate the album track-by-track since I've heard it about 5 times now. these ratings are most likely to change (for better or for worse) as I get more used to the album, but as for now:

    01. Cab Ride Opening (9/10)
    02. Welcome To Red Hook Houses (8.5/10)
    03. Jail Saga (9/10)
    04. The Orbituary: E.B.G.G. (10/10)
    05. My Brother's Keeper (9/10)
    06. Gang Love (8.5/10)
    07. South Brooklyn: The Anthem (9/10)
    08. Audiobiography Remix (10/10)
    09. Apt. 7G: Blacksmiths (8/10)
    10. The Visit (8/10)
    11. Under The Wing (9/10)
    12. Confessions of a THUG Angel (9/10)
    13. 144,000 (8.5/10)
    OVERALL: 9/10

    As you can see I'm feeling everything on this album alot and it holds the album of the year spot for me at the moment. Both 'Bazz and Razah brings their A-game and production is top-notch and very consistent. If this is just a prequel too a "real" album I imagine the coming album as a undisputed masterpiece. Don't even consider buying this one, just do it!!
    the only track i'm sort of feeling but not really is Autobiography Remix other than that shit is dope

  8. #8
    Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cabin at Crystal Lake
    Age
    27
    Posts
    14,347
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ^^^^Agreed.

  9. #9

    Default

    No need to think twice. This album is a must buy. I already said it's gotta a classic feel to it. I like the fact that it's just 13 tracks on the album. It's keeps you eager for the next album .....This is just a prequel....oh shit!

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS View Post
    the only track i'm sort of feeling but not really is Autobiography Remix other than that shit is dope
    i'm liking that more than the original to be honest

  11. #11
    Killer Bob claaa7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    THE BLACK LODGE
    Posts
    13,843
    Rep Power
    92

    Default

    ^^ I'm feeling the remix even more as well which is kinda suprising since I fucking LOVED the original version!



    daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

    r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

  12. #12
    ISRAELITE THE W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in Christ
    Posts
    15,482
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    so this is already out? man i've been late on a lot of this stuff.

    did you guys have trouble finding this album in stores? i bought ITs 3rd world yesterday(ill shit!).
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

  13. #13
    Killer Bob claaa7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    THE BLACK LODGE
    Posts
    13,843
    Rep Power
    92

    Default

    ^^ yeah it dropped this Tuesday, I was real low on cash so I ordered my copy so I can pick it up on Monday.. some peeps seemed to have problems finding the album though!



    daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

    r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

  14. #14

    Default

    gave it a 3, the productions not too sharp. 144,000 could have been epic but the drums are so awful it kind of ruins the beat

    title track and Under the Wing are fire, i could do without the rest.
    poppa large, big shot on the east coast..

  15. #15
    NOBLE SCITY IronFingaz7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,722
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FasterBlade View Post
    gave it a 3, the productions not too sharp. 144,000 could have been epic but the drums are so awful it kind of ruins the beat

    title track and Under the Wing are fire, i could do without the rest.
    Wow! To each his own, but this shit is incredible.

    I never did this rating shit, but I'm feeling this album so much I'm going to do it. Only out of 5 cuz when you go to 10 you got to be technical and shit, lol.

    1. Cab Ride [Opening] - 4.5/5
    2. Welcome to Red Hook Houses - 5/5
    3. Jail Saga - 5/5
    4. The Obituary [E.B.G.G.] - 4.5/5
    5. My Brother's Keep - 4.5/5
    6. Gang Love - 5/5
    7. South Brooklyn [The Anthem] - 5/5
    8. Audiobiography [Remix] 4/5
    9. Apt. 7G [Blacksmiths] - 4/5
    10. The Visit [Feat. 7th Ambassador] - 4/5
    11. Under the Wing 4.5/5
    12. Confessions of a T.H.U.G. Angel - 4/5
    13. 144,000 - 5/5

    Yeah, I'm feeling this shit, constant repeat mode. Its been a minute since I've liked an album this much.

    P.E.A.C.E.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •