Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Riddle Thread

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Yeah brock put me on the right trail...Hahaha
    That was a dope riddle Mr. X you got any more ?

I was just posting riddles from some site lol.

He's one to get you thinking...

You are standing in front of a room with one lightbulb inside of it. You cannot see if it is on or off. Outside the room there are 3 switches in the off positions. You may turn the switches any way you want to. You stop turning the switches, enter the room and know which switch controls the lightbulb. How?

Lightbulbs make a buzzing sound when turned on, or just look under the crack in the door
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

penalty boxed user Maccabee Ridah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
    He's one to get you thinking...

You are standing in front of a room with one lightbulb inside of it. You cannot see if it is on or off. Outside the room there are 3 switches in the off positions. You may turn the switches any way you want to. You stop turning the switches, enter the room and know which switch controls the lightbulb. How?
    I think I solved the problem! First, u turn switch #1 on! Let it be a few mins, and than, u turn it off! Than u turn switch #2 on and enter the room! Now, if lightbulb is on, than it's switch #2, cuz all other switches r off! If it's still off, than u approach the lightbulb and touch it, and if it's worm, than it's switch #1 cuz it was on for few mins and lightbulb got hot from heat of light, and if it's not hot, than the only switch left is #3, and it must be that one than!

^^ Little bad english, but I think I got point!

MR got it.

You turn 2 switches "on" and leave 1 switch "off" and wait about a minute. Then enter the room, but just before you enter, turn one switch from "on" to "off". Once in the room, feel the lightbulb - if it is warm, but off, it has to be the last switch you turned off. If it is on, it has to be the switch left on. If it is cold and is off, it has to be the switch you left in the off position.

The beginning of eternity
    The end of time and space
    The beginning of every end,
    And the end of every place.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizzah View Post
    The beginning of eternity
    The end of time and space
    The beginning of every end,
    And the end of every place.
    Dinner at mother-in-law's
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

E

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    E
    On point.

I think you knew the answer the first time you read it... Right?

uh huh, tha's an oldie

I typed "Ancient Riddles" in Google.

You are in a room with three light switches, each of which controls one of three light bulbs in the next room. Your task is to determine which switch controls which bulb. All lights are initially off, and you can't see into one room from the other. You are allowed only one chance to enter the room with the light bulbs. How can you determine which lightswitch goes with which light bulb?

P.S. I don't know the solution... yet.

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Diddn't Mac get that one already ?