Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Mood-Doom!-----Wu-Tang-esque

  1. #1
    Wu Vatican
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    ny
    Age
    32
    Posts
    8,323
    Rep Power
    39

    Default Mood-Doom!-----Wu-Tang-esque

    I came across this cd recently. I was really suprised. It came out in 97. Most of the production is by Hi-Tek. It has a reaaaal mid 90's Wu Tang feel to it. A lot of dark simple grimey type beats. I really recomend it to anyone on this board. Anyone ever fucks with this?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u1NKH_LelU

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu40T...eature=related
    Last edited by whitey; 07-22-2008 at 11:21 AM.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

    People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

  2. #2

    Default

    that first song, Wayne did it on his new album listen



    its a nina simone sample i think.


  3. #3
    Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    yes, I has it
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13,723
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    damn, great find, I'll check some material
    bring back begongo!!

  4. #4

    Default

    it's a good album,can't remember when i first heard it but always gave it respect

  5. #5

    Default

    This album is an underrated classic. "I disappear like UFO sightings."





    This puts me in a zone how no other instrumental does. Pure elevation in any weather.


  6. #6

    Default

    Plenty of gems on the Mood demo tape as well.






  7. #7
    aka Orion Zemo RADIOACTIVE MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Alpha Centauri B
    Posts
    17,428
    Rep Power
    104

    Default

    they actually have a track with sunz of man if i remember correctly

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    they actually have a track with sunz of man if i remember correctly
    Yep. 60 Sec blacks out here:


  9. #9
    meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,942
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    This album is extremely underrated and I always thought that P Sunn verse was one of his best.

  10. #10

    Default

    I bought this when it first came out back in 97 and its a personal classic for me. Dope shit.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brayden View Post
    I bought this when it first came out back in 97 and its a personal classic for me. Dope shit.
    So ill! Obtaining a copy would be difficult these days, I'd imagine.

    Edit: Never mind the difficulty, I was able to find a copy on Amazon no problem, lol.
    Last edited by Dark Matter; 04-28-2014 at 04:35 PM.

  12. #12
    meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,942
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
    So ill! Obtaining a copy would be difficult these days, I'd imagine.

    Edit: Never mind the difficulty, I was able to find a copy on Amazon no problem, lol.
    Still not the same as walking into a store and finding a gem like this. i used to be in all of them in this area constantly now i couldnt tell you the last time i was.

    back on topic, this was my joint on the album. instantly reminded me of some wu stuff. young Kweli flowing a little like Meth. Kweli should have done a track with Ghost in this era...would have been monumental.


  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miliato View Post
    Still not the same as walking into a store and finding a gem like this. i used to be in all of them in this area constantly now i couldnt tell you the last time i was.

    back on topic, this was my joint on the album. instantly reminded me of some wu stuff. young Kweli flowing a little like Meth. Kweli should have done a track with Ghost in this era...would have been monumental.

    Agreed. Nothin like goin into the local record shop and grabbin a copy.

    That joint is one of my favorites off that record. Jahson and Hi-Tek laced that album with a perfectly ominous vibe. Jahson's ominous production would've perfectly complimented the Wu. A 1998 U-God over a Jahson production would've been golden. Talib and Ghost would've been a crazy combination, their styles would mesh well over some RZA heat.

  14. #14
    meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,942
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    I'm starting to think Kweli is one of the best to ever do it.

    The whole Mood crew had a decent run up into the mid 2000's. Main Flow put out some good albums and Donte was always on point. Anyone know if they've been making any new music?

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miliato View Post
    I'm starting to think Kweli is one of the best to ever do it.

    The whole Mood crew had a decent run up into the mid 2000's. Main Flow put out some good albums and Donte was always on point. Anyone know if they've been making any new music?


    Previously unreleased tracks comprising the EP Telepathy:








Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •