Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 16 yr old girl can't name a single method man or redman song

Actually, go up to anyone 18 and under and flash them a WU logo or say the words "Wu-Tang Clan" and be happy if they've HEARD OF it.

Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36 View Post
    yeah, and i cant name one frank sinatra song.

big deal.
    come on, everybody knows New York, New York

Mack the Knife?
    Luck be a Lady?
    Fly me to the Moon?

I actually find it hard to believe that you are telling the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

...frankie did new york, new york?

the point is we shouldnt be too astonished that these kids dont know about wu-tang. they're not a spoon fed group.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

were such a snobby bunch of fans these days, we shouldnt be, most everyone was put on to Wu-Tang by someone and you have to continue to do it. Point out lyrics, beats... sometimes you have to establish what is dope and gradually they begin to see the light
    "The skywalker, that be leapin' over planets"

i still love h.e.r. NAKHI the SOLORIAN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emperorles View Post
    Actually, go up to anyone 18 and under and flash them a WU logo or say the words "Wu-Tang Clan" and be happy if they've HEARD OF it.

lol........

click the sig if you vatican status

its not because she has tits thats she knows wu

she prolly listens to these fags today like lil wayne or however u write it

lol

the wu haven't been in regular radio rotation in years, same thing with videos, naturally she wouldnt know. although i might here odb and mariah every once n awhile, and i heard protect ya neck about 2 months ago on the radio...
    "Kids nowadays, the soulless vessels that they are, just don't got a clue. It's hopeless, the future was yesterday my brotha and the end, it has only just begun..."

well i hear "You're All I Need", "Da Rockwilder" and "How High" on the radio (the same station givin away the tix) from time 2 time...its a 'party station' so i understand they cant be playin c.r.e.a.m. and shit but they do throw up those 3 tracks esp on thursdays and weekends...

idk i guess it jus seems wierd ppl wouldnt know the songs cuz shit like HOw High (the movie) came out n its on tv a lot, the FOX show the Right Guard commercial lol all that was jus like the last few yrs n shit...n Meth been in tons of movies but aint rlly had a hit song since then...

Quote Originally Posted by TGambino View Post
    damn i feel old as hell right now...are these songs niggas had really that old?? on the radio station here theyre giving away rock the bells tickets and caller #9 was a 16 yr old chick and the DJ said he couldn't give her the tix with a clear concious unless she could name one method man or redman song...and she couldnt...she asked her sister and she said "i get high" which obviously and by either of em...thats a song by styles p...damn....
    they were on the remix tho ahahahhahaha ha aha aha h aa

THE REAL PCP

Quote Originally Posted by SKAMPOE View Post
    they were on the remix tho ahahahhahaha ha aha aha h aa
    ooo yea dats right i heard that remix 4 tha first time jus a couple weeks ago lol on the hip hop station on comcast

penalty boxed user Maccabee Ridah's Avatar

Well, if they asked bout 50, she would prolly know his whole discography! And that's the way industry run this shyt! Those commercial shyt is well known to every single child, and it's OK! Wu makes true music, as kool g rap, krs, maccabeez, kp or etc... And they r not known outside mainstream hip-hop waters! But if u expect that today's children know bout thos and similar artist, than u need to advertize them 24/7, they need to go to different showz run by some fagz, they need to kick that 50-style with plenty of money and fuckin mad cars and she will recognize them, and every other of them, but than they would be 9 50s.... So when u look on it that way, it's kind OK....

Quote Originally Posted by Maccabee Ridah View Post
    Well, if they asked bout 50, she would prolly know his whole discography! And that's the way industry run this shyt! Those commercial shyt is well known to every single child, and it's OK! Wu makes true music, as kool g rap, krs, maccabeez, kp or etc... And they r not known outside mainstream hip-hop waters! But if u expect that today's children know bout thos and similar artist, than u need to advertize them 24/7, they need to go to different showz run by some fagz, they need to kick that 50-style with plenty of money and fuckin mad cars and she will recognize them, and every other of them, but than they would be 9 50s.... So when u look on it that way, it's kind OK....
    well 50's released 3 albums wit hit singles since 2004 so of course she'd know them....u backpack niggas r retarded sometimes

Veteran Member

no radio, no video, no one knows your name. shit is obvious
    Da Universal Magnetic Bitch Oppressor

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"

Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36 View Post
    yeah, and i cant name one frank sinatra song.

big deal.
    honestly.

gay topic, maybe she's not a fan, i can't name a single Michelle Branch song, so?

OH SHIT did this REALLY HAPPEN?

Lyke OMG