once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: 40 Year old Virgin Ghostbusters?

Default 40 Year old Virgin Ghostbusters?

Apatow’s GHOST BUSTERS?

So there’s a totally unfounded rumor online at Dread Central that Judd Apatow has not only convinced Bill Murray, Harold Ramis, Dan Ackroyd and Ernie Hudson to return for a third Ghost Busters movie some twenty years after the last picture but also that they would use the film to pass the torch to Steve Carell, Paul Rudd, Seth Rogen and Romany Malco.
    All four actors made up the core cast of The 40 Year Old Virgin and have since starred in many various Apatow projects.
    But as with every Ghost Busters rumor of the last ten years, Bill Murray seems in no mood to do another of these pictures no matter how much money they throw at him.
    Why would things be so different now?
    Though I would say this. If Apatow could ever convince Ackroyd, Ramis & Murray to give up the rights to the series (and if anyone could, it would be Apatow) then I’m convinced he could make a great movie with his usual crew AS LONG as he didn’t got the remake route.
    For example, I would rather see Rogen as a new character, rather than trying to be Bill Murray.
    And this kind of rumor story isn’t particularly new. A few years back it was the Ben Stiller/Jack Black/Owen Wilson/Will Ferrell crew who were rumored to do this kind of thing.
    And until the inevitable remake/new reimagining happens somewhere down the road whichever popular group of comedians are making people laugh, will be the guys rumored to rejuvenate the franchise.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Some movies weren't made for sequels. I just don't see how you can top the original
    Ghostbusters
    Look eye, always look eye.

I don't look at it like that, it's not about trying to top the originals but rather try and build from what it was into something fresh and new.

Method Man

i guess. But the original was so 'original' in so many ways....the storyline, the comedy, the
    soundtrack
    the special effects. It was believeable even tho it was kinda off the wall. I dont kno
    how they would recreated anything like that.
    Look eye, always look eye.

Well if this rumour turns out to be true then im gonna be well excited, I think Judd Apatow will do right by th series and with that new line up, I have complete faith that it's gonna be hilarious.

Method Man

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Yea, well, Bill won't be a 'Busta no mo.

Still good news if the new cast stays
    bring back begongo!!

VZA

Even if this isn't as good as the original Ghostbusters, I'm sure it's going to be better than 'Who's Your Caddy?'

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

Sounds more interesting than an animated third film. I remember hearing rumours about the Stiller crew doing it, but I never heard mention then of the original actors coming back again.

I have faith that Apatow could pull this off.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

I like Bill Murrays recent films but part of me would love to see him return to straight comedies. A Ghostbusters sequel is ideal in that respect.

Ray, when somebody asks you if you're a God you say YES!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

STYLE

Quote Originally Posted by Minister Louis Farakhan View Post
    Ray, when somebody asks you if you're a God you say YES!!!!!

LMAO this is gonna be a great movie if made, Apatow is a great writer/director/producer

You must have no ass left to laugh off Dusk. You seem to have become very easily amused all of a sudden.

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

you know its funny, i realized that on this site i go through changes....phases...one phase iwas really mean and sardonic, now im like a pothead....w/e LMAOELOELS

Haha, I noticed the recent change when I happened to coincidentally go between about four threads that you had posted in and you'd be laughing your ass off in all of them!