once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

View Poll Results: Protools

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic

30 15.87%
  • Superior

82 43.39%
  • Banger

58 30.69%
  • Average

14 7.41%
  • Mediocore

3 1.59%
  • Weak

0 0%
  • Wack

2 1.06%
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Gza/genius-pro Tools (2008) Review

i respect ur opinion but ur wrong homie

There is no wrong/right in an opinion homie, its OPEN ENDED

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    oh and you forgot to mention how Wisdom Body and Faster Blade were also wastes of Raekwon and Ghostface space. use your head next time you post.

Umm yeah I did use my head, still wasted GFK & Raekwon space, I stick to my opinion.

Wisdom Body=Should of saved it for IRONMAN, could of been another Raekwon solo
    Faster Blade=Could of saved it for another Rae solo or a Wu-Tang Forever solo
    Assassination Day=Although dope, clearly a posse cut belonging on Wu-Tang Forever
    Terrorrists=Could of been on Dirty Weaponry feat Black Knights

WASTE OF SPACE, dont give a fuck if you dont agree with me
    WOW i cant believe i just read that. are you ok?

listenin to it now, and its dope....da beats are straight bangin. dont even have to say how dope da rhymes are. imma be on this for a minute, my favorite all-time MC came through AGAIN!!
    '....money don't grow on trees/and there's thieving MC's, who cut throats to rake leaves'.

- GZA (the G.O.A.T.) - 'Duel of the Iron Mic'

WOW i cant believe i just read that. are you ok?

I never KNOCKED any of the songs or their quality, just thier placement on some albums, thats all, continuing with the Pro Tools reviews

Liquid Swordsman Wu-Tang Gambino's Avatar

I'll just copy & paste my review from RW http://www.rapworlds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127476 :

Pencils is a certified Wu Banger. RZA actually stole the show though but GZA had a great verse.

Alphabets is still my favorite cut. Rhymes are great and the chorus is class.

Groundbreaking is also dope. I thought Justice would get a full verse but I likedd the back n forth between him & GZA.

7 Pounds was amazing. GZA and Black Milk should definitely continue to work together.

0% Finance is GZA at his best. I'm glad the beat was different. The car theme is dope. GZA just spits pure greatness for 3 plus minutesRight along w/ his best theme tracks like Labels, Fame, Queen's Gambit, etc.

Short Race also dope. Rock Marciano with a good hook and a good verse but GZA shines on the track.

Paper Plate has been out obviously, great diss record from the Genius.

Columbian Ties is another Wu Banger, this time from Bronze Nazareth. Only one verse from GZA but it is class.

Firehouse was a good track but it made no sense. It was basically a Ka solo track w/ GZA doing the chorus. I guess this is like his other solos where he always gives one track to another emcee.

Path of Destruction gets back to the show that is GZA spitting and it doesn't disappoint.

Cinema was a good concept song. Justice with the whispered hook is dope.

Life is a Movie works and I didn't think it would after the first listen. Beat seems like a preview of RZA's Achozen project. GZA laces it.

In the end, this album has great production but it is always about the lyrics. GZA spits some of his best on this album. This right there w/ Grandmasters to me. Definitely up for debate whether it or Grandmasters is his second best album.

My favorite line from the entire album: Me to hip hop, what Einstein is to science, match made in heaven, mostly likely an alliance. Line pretty much sums up the genius that is the GZA.

Wu is for the Kidz Montreal_Method's Avatar

This Album is Dope !
    Gza Still Doing is shit =)

I'm on 0% Finance right now, so far this album is knockin'

"Sunshine plays a major part in the daytime. Peace to mankind, Ghostface carries a black nine.......Nigga."

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

I'm On My 5th Bumpage Of This Album In A Few Days It's That Dope And Very Infectious Plus I Think Gza Is Prolly One Of The Few Wu Members Next To Ghost To Stay Consistant

lyrically...he waxed every rappers ass this year...but in terms of flow...he sounds sleepier than Rae after twinkies and dust.

LMAO flow like im 21...yea 21 seconds from death.

honestly, its seems the prob is also the quality of the vocal production..because Columbian Ties is fuckin sick...

damn this album is nice

Almost every member's latest album is worse than the one before (-Method Man, Tical 0 was so wack...).

Now GZA made an album better than any latest Wu release.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizzah View Post
    Almost every member's latest album is worse than the one before (-Method Man, Tical 0 was so wack...).

Now GZA made an album better than any latest Wu release.
    Tical 0 wasn't that bad but it was a def jam decision to put the features, etc. and i remember an interview Mef wasn't happy with getting some of the RZA tracks cut and they were gonna sue for not honoring Mef contract which says "if method man's album (previous) goes gold or better RZA has the right to executive produce Mef's album" but they didn't sue i guess certain memembers like ODB had this too in his contract i dunno but yeah GZA album is better than Digi Snax and is i think or has been consistent as Ghost when it comes to releasing dope music