Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Can you explain me ...

  1. #1
    Commando Ultra WU-KILLAH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Flint, MI
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,373
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Can you explain me ...

    ... the success of MGS4 ?????

    I bought one mounth ago the PS3 with MGS in a bundle. I started the game for the first time two days ago, and I just can't believe the fuss that has been made about this boring piece of shit....
    And Im not even talking about the cinematics (boring as fuck) that last for hours. Im talking about the gameplay. I've always enjoyed playing inf/tactical/or even FPS games, and this one is a strange mix of all this, badly blended. If only the AI where smart ... but, actually enemies are just a bunch of target moving around following a script. (damn that level where you have to shoot the FROGs reminded me of shooting pipes at the fair...) Well I understood that the best way to play it is to try to avoid the most possible gun fights. But if you play that way this game doesn't even come close to splinter cells, deus ex etc...
    Or maybe it is the senario that makes people crazy about that game ???
    I barely find anything positive to say about it... which desapoint me cause I was really excited to try a MGS for the first time
    F.L.I.N.T.

  2. #2
    Veteran Member shaolinsword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Basildon, Essex
    Posts
    2,682
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    I haven't played MGS4 yet but you shouldn't have played this first. It's like jumping in the deep end of the pool without learning how to swim.

    You should check out Metal Gear for the Playstation / Gamecube before trying any of the others

  3. #3
    Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    yes, I has it
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13,723
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    all the MGS games [the original 1-4] are classics of gaming or close.
    bring back begongo!!

  4. #4
    Strider Hiryu RagnaroK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Island Of death
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    i was hoping everybody ignore this piece of shit
    he even dare to compare it with Splinter Cell PLEASE!! Sam Fisher ain't got nothing on Solid Snake nufsaid
    calling the AI dumb cuz they following a scrip like every enemy on any game does!! is stupid
    they are soldiers securing an area the follow routes thats how it's build you just need to know they routes and sneak without being seen thats the point of the game

    maybe is that you just like action over tactical if thats the problem then you shouldn't even be touching MGS you could go on and kill everybody but it gonna be harder that way

    and i specially hate when people criticize the cutscene MGS games got a complex story to tell thats why it takes a lot of time on the game cuz every individual got a background story which explain who they are, their reason to be, what happened before the game, how they are involve on the story and their purpose their goals on the story i find the cutscene more entertaining then anything else
    Human Instrumentality Project

    Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

  5. #5
    Commando Ultra WU-KILLAH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Flint, MI
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,373
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RagnaroK View Post
    i was hoping everybody ignore this piece of shit
    he even dare to compare it with Splinter Cell PLEASE!! Sam Fisher ain't got nothing on Solid Snake nufsaid
    calling the AI dumb cuz they following a scrip like every enemy on any game does!! is stupid
    they are soldiers securing an area the follow routes thats how it's build you just need to know they routes and sneak without being seen thats the point of the game

    maybe is that you just like action over tactical if thats the problem then you shouldn't even be touching MGS you could go on and kill everybody but it gonna be harder that way

    and i specially hate when people criticize the cutscene MGS games got a complex story to tell thats why it takes a lot of time on the game cuz every individual got a background story which explain who they are, their reason to be, what happened before the game, how they are involve on the story and their purpose their goals on the story i find the cutscene more entertaining then anything else
    don't get mad kid, Kojima ain't your father right ?
    I like tactical way more than action games, actually I always set them to the hardest level cause I like those games where when you get touched once you die, such as the first Rainbow 6s/Rogue Spears.
    It is definitly to me the most overrated game ever. Once again go play Deus Ex to see what a good senario is. You don't need to give 3 hours classes about nanotechnology to make a senario complex and interesting.
    And you didn't understand what I said about the AI, play the level in middle east against the FROGs squads, and you'll see what I mean when I say it's like shooting pipes at the fair, cause that's exactly what it is.
    Anyway, to each is own, but never I've been that disppointed with a game. I don't even see what special with it.
    Last edited by WU-KILLAH; 09-11-2008 at 02:08 PM.
    F.L.I.N.T.

  6. #6
    Wu Vatican Rame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NL
    Posts
    9,233
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    CoD4 all day.

  7. #7
    Strider Hiryu RagnaroK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Island Of death
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    i played Splinter Cell(not Deus Ex) once didn't like it i saw my bro finishing the game but nothing made me to want to play it

    MGS always have the best stories top graphics great gameplay great cutscene thou even fans criticize the length of them it never bothers me i find the story intriguing so i have no problem watching them and i don't see what is the problem you can skip them anyway one real criticism is that the gameplay is short and is true there are some other things that are good and bad like any game

    Story Gameplay Graphics Cutscene Boss Fights great Characters Story Twist MGS got it all <<this is where the fuss is<<
    but you seem to dislike the game strong point nothing will make you like it so i suggest trade in for another game

    either you Love MGS or Hate it
    Human Instrumentality Project

    Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

  8. #8
    Mayonase Bg_Knocc_Out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    MGS is my favorite game series, it's hard to believe you don't like it, but if you don't, you don't.

  9. #9
    Commando Ultra WU-KILLAH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Flint, MI
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,373
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RagnaroK View Post
    i played Splinter Cell(not Deus Ex) once didn't like it i saw my bro finishing the game but nothing made me to want to play it

    MGS always have the best stories top graphics great gameplay great cutscene thou even fans criticize the length of them it never bothers me i find the story intriguing so i have no problem watching them and i don't see what is the problem you can skip them anyway one real criticism is that the gameplay is short and is true there are some other things that are good and bad like any game

    Story Gameplay Graphics Cutscene Boss Fights great Characters Story Twist MGS got it all <<this is where the fuss is<<
    but you seem to dislike the game strong point nothing will make you like it so i suggest trade in for another game

    either you Love MGS or Hate it

    I agree concerning the boss fights, I've only played against the first one and that was the best moment in the game. It's getting better since I reached Europe level but I still don't see anything that justify how people are so crazy about it. I guess MGS4 has been made for fans and maybe I would enjoy it if I had played to the previous ones... Or maybe since I have played Deus Ex I expect way too much from video games now....
    Seriously ... do you enjoy listening and reading all the discussions between snake and octacon on their videophone ????
    F.L.I.N.T.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rama View Post
    CoD4 all day.
    That's what's up.

  11. #11
    Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    yes, I has it
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13,723
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    just because u played Deus Ex that doesn't mean u can't enjoy other games - even Deus Ex isn't perfect [it is one of my fav. games tho]

    But MGS is totally different and Splinter Cell wants to be the same, just more real, but it's so simplistic. MGS, one of the best series ever. Shame Deus Ex only has one great piece, the second is pure caca.
    bring back begongo!!

  12. #12
    Strider Hiryu RagnaroK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Island Of death
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WU-KILLAH View Post
    I agree concerning the boss fights, I've only played against the first one and that was the best moment in the game. It's getting better since I reached Europe level but I still don't see anything that justify how people are so crazy about it. I guess MGS4 has been made for fans and maybe I would enjoy it if I had played to the previous ones... Or maybe since I have played Deus Ex I expect way too much from video games now....
    Seriously ... do you enjoy listening and reading all the discussions between snake and octacon on their videophone ????
    its call "Codec" i skip some of them those that don't add much to story and some i already know what they say so no need like i said Metal Gear got a complex story so i watch the cutscenes and listen to the dialogues a couple of time just to understand it better

    i finish the game 2 times already now im trying to reach "Big Boss Emblem" on The Boss Extreme Difficulty im on Europe Level too thats the least favorite level for me following that guy is too slow thou is a cool concept and the motorcycle scene is a bitch to pass on hard difficulties
    Human Instrumentality Project

    Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

  13. #13
    Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    In Hell..
    Posts
    11,139
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    always preferered the Splinter Cell series over MSG

  14. #14
    frieza saga oDoUoSoKo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    CCCGTEHQ
    Posts
    18,472
    Rep Power
    74

    Default

    wow^^^

    Splinter Cell is a half assed knock off of MGS

  15. #15
    Wu Vatican Rame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NL
    Posts
    9,233
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    You can't compare Metal Gear Solid to a first person shooter

    Its not the same at all
    Yet I did.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •