Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 55

Thread: Veteran Vegetarian Tips Please?

  1. #31
    Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,266
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Veteran Vegetarian Tips Please?

    Quote Originally Posted by My First Timbs
    my whole thing is what about the fact that humans are designed to eat and digest meat? lets not over look that..i have nothing against vegetarians but u must ealize that it is an unnatural act from a biological standpoint for a primate such as ourselves to consume only plant life.

    the 20 lbs of undigested food in the gut and colon can happen to anybody, not just meat eaters (althought the % is slightly higher in meat eaters)

    so what that pigs eat anything? in order to use that as an argument we must first determine the nutritionaol content and toxicity of digested feces.. if a pig eats feces and i eat the pig, it is of little concern to me if the digested feces provides no detrimental result from a nutritional stanpoint! its an emotional issue!
    Interesting argument but I disagree with the mentality that we should eat anything just because we can. Thanks for the comment none the less.

    take it easy

    "Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven

  2. #32
    Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,266
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Veteran Vegetarian Tips Please?

    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poetry
    I actually first started by removing red meat and pork from my diet. Once I was ok with that, I removed all other meats. The red meat and pork was hardest for me b/c I grew up on those. Aquiring a taste for the vegetarian foods, that took time. Trial and error. I would make something and if I didn't like the taste, I would add something to it.......hit me up anytime!!!!!!!!!!
    I haven't eaten pork for several years now. I feel that I have the will power to stray away from meat because my motivation is strong. I just have some reservations about ill side effects from cutting off that food supply so suddenly.

    take it easy

    "Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven

  3. #33
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    17,499
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: Veteran Vegetarian Tips Please?

    Quote Originally Posted by blackwisdom
    I haven't eaten pork for several years now. I feel that I have the will power to stray away from meat because my motivation is strong. I just have some reservations about ill side effects from cutting off that food supply so suddenly.

    take it easy
    I did lose quite a bit of weight at first and I felt tired all the time, but I just found the right supplements to take........in the beginning it isn't all that great, but if u make it through the first month everything will be fine........as soon as u begin to drop meat, start taking a vitamin right away!



  4. #34
    Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,266
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Veteran Vegetarian Tips Please?

    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poetry
    I did lose quite a bit of weight at first and I felt tired all the time, but I just found the right supplements to take........in the beginning it isn't all that great, but if u make it through the first month everything will be fine........as soon as u begin to drop meat, start taking a vitamin right away!
    I'm claiming yesterday as my 1st official day. I asked Brother George at the Self Improvement Center, who is a vegeterian, and he said that I probably wouldn't need any vitamins. But he did say that I may need to take some colon leansers. Do you have any specific vitamin suggestions? Thanks again, Queen.

    peace

    "Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven

  5. #35
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    17,499
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: Veteran Vegetarian Tips Please?

    Quote Originally Posted by blackwisdom
    I'm claiming yesterday as my 1st official day. I asked Brother George at the Self Improvement Center, who is a vegeterian, and he said that I probably wouldn't need any vitamins. But he did say that I may need to take some colon leansers. Do you have any specific vitamin suggestions? Thanks again, Queen.

    peace
    colon leansers?



  6. #36
    Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,266
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Veteran Vegetarian Tips Please?

    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poetry
    colon leansers?
    Super duty exlax (if that's spelled right).

    take it easy

    "Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven

  7. #37
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    17,499
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: Veteran Vegetarian Tips Please?

    Damn.....I didn't do that......so it makes poop even more?



  8. #38
    Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,266
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Veteran Vegetarian Tips Please?

    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poetry
    Damn.....I didn't do that......so it makes poop even more?
    Everyone should do it, not just veggie's. It gets all of the gunk out.

    What about my vitamins???

    peace

    "Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven

  9. #39
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    17,499
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: Veteran Vegetarian Tips Please?

    Oh well....the vitamin's I take r for women.......u know we need different things that men and I don't think u want to take those.....LOL


    I buy my vitamins at a vegan store.......



  10. #40
    Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,266
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Veteran Vegetarian Tips Please?

    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poetry
    Oh well....the vitamin's I take r for women.......u know we need different things that men and I don't think u want to take those.....LOL


    I buy my vitamins at a vegan store.......
    I'ma get mines from Brother George's Self Imporvement Store, but thanks anyway.

    take it easy

    "Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven

  11. #41
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    17,499
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: Veteran Vegetarian Tips Please?

    That sounds like one of those country stores........that's just around the bend on the dirt road....LOL



  12. #42
    Natureal tajeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    right here, light years beyond most
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,349
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Veteran Vegetarian Tips Please?

    I've been about 160 pounds since highschool. I stopped eating meat around 20 years old, and started eating more pasta and pizza and stuff and got up to 175 pounds. Then I became vegan and now I'm back to 160. Truthfully I want to gain some weight, but I can't. My ex-girlfriend was 115 pounds before she became a vegan, then as a vegan, she got up to 140. Strange huh, she did however also stop riding her bike and walking, so that could do with it to.


    "This is my book, take a look, see if it grabs your attention, with a hook, the queen took the rook, into a new dimension" Tajeco

  13. #43
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    17,499
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: Veteran Vegetarian Tips Please?

    Quote Originally Posted by tajeco
    I've been about 160 pounds since highschool. I stopped eating meat around 20 years old, and started eating more pasta and pizza and stuff and got up to 175 pounds. Then I became vegan and now I'm back to 160. Truthfully I want to gain some weight, but I can't. My ex-girlfriend was 115 pounds before she became a vegan, then as a vegan, she got up to 140. Strange huh, she did however also stop riding her bike and walking, so that could do with it to.
    I'm the same way......I am losing weight. I went from 108 to 104.......sucks.



  14. #44
    Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,266
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Veteran Vegetarian Tips Please?

    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poetry
    That sounds like one of those country stores........that's just around the bend on the dirt road....LOL
    Naw. It's down town Norfolk, VA. It's an African Book store and the owner is a Muslim. I've gained massive amounts of information just through conversations with the customers. People go there to build, have meetings, and gain self-improvement, hence the name. It's on the corner of Newport Ave and 35th St. in case you're ever in town .

    take it easy

    "Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven

  15. #45
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    17,499
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: Veteran Vegetarian Tips Please?

    Oh...u know sometimes u gotta draw me a map in order for me to understand.....LOL



Similar Threads

  1. Liquid Swords Tracklist
    By wampus in forum Wu-Tang Chamber
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 03:07 PM
  2. rza to produce a track for Cormega?
    By inditing dane in forum Wu-Tang Chamber
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 04:57 AM
  3. Live Note (vols. 1 & 2) tracklists
    By Definitive X in forum Temple Of Darts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2005, 05:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •