once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 131

Thread: Ask me about movies

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    and this:

    ahhh yes I will do both of these
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

  2. #32
    Anglophile Dooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Big Plum
    Posts
    23,685
    Rep Power
    67

    Default

    Hi, Mom....by Brian DePalma starring Robert DeNiro.
    Look eye, always look eye.

  3. #33

    Default

    Michael Clayton

    Michael Clayton (George Clooney) is an attorney known as The Fixer who is hired to keep the lid on one of their own lawyers (Tom Wilkenson) who has gone off the deep end and threatens to expose one of their shocking secrets and disrupt a large merger.

    The Good

    The Acting. George Clooney is excellent, Tilda Swinton's character is so well developed, you simply have to hate her, and Tom Wilkenson deserves an Oscar for his performance.

    The plot. There are so many little subplots throughout that fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. It is really quite satisfying when you realize what it all means on the whole scale.

    The End. The climax between Swinton and Clooney is so in your face and strong, Swinton can actually be seen visibly shaking. "Are you so fucking blind that you can't see what I am?"

    The Bad

    The score. almost non-existent, music is not the strong point of this film anyway.

    Swinton. I'm putting this in the bad, because the scene where Tilda Swinton is reciting her meeting lines in her hotel room is very aggravating, but is also a large part of the reason why her character is so hated by me. It's actually quite subtle and brilliant....oh, and can we please never see her with her shirt off again?

    Overall

    Action junkies and sci-fi geeks will not appreciate this movie. It is a drama for people that like dramas. Philosophy and psychology play big parts in understanding the characters and why it is they do what they do. One viewing is simply not enough to understand it all.

    3 Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

  4. #34

    Default

    Thanks for the 2 reviews I requested.

    But I'm really interested in your take on my fav movie:

    The Usual Suspects

  5. #35
    Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    In Hell..
    Posts
    11,139
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    Michael Clayton

    Michael Clayton (George Clooney) is an attorney known as The Fixer who is hired to keep the lid on one of their own lawyers (Tom Wilkenson) who has gone off the deep end and threatens to expose one of their shocking secrets and disrupt a large merger.

    The Good

    The Acting. George Clooney is excellent, Tilda Swinton's character is so well developed, you simply have to hate her, and Tom Wilkenson deserves an Oscar for his performance.

    The plot. There are so many little subplots throughout that fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. It is really quite satisfying when you realize what it all means on the whole scale.

    The End. The climax between Swinton and Clooney is so in your face and strong, Swinton can actually be seen visibly shaking. "Are you so fucking blind that you can't see what I am?"

    The Bad

    The score. almost non-existent, music is not the strong point of this film anyway.

    Swinton. I'm putting this in the bad, because the scene where Tilda Swinton is reciting her meeting lines in her hotel room is very aggravating, but is also a large part of the reason why her character is so hated by me. It's actually quite subtle and brilliant....oh, and can we please never see her with her shirt off again?

    Overall

    Action junkies and sci-fi geeks will not appreciate this movie. It is a drama for people that like dramas. Philosophy and psychology play big parts in understanding the characters and why it is they do what they do. One viewing is simply not enough to understand it all.

    3 Stars
    Solid review

    I dont kno if it was because I took Vicodin before I watched it, but I really enjoyed the movie

  6. #36

    Default

    Oldboy

    A story so original and compelling, with characters so well drawn and interesting, I saw this movie four times in one day. Oh Dae Su is imprisoned in a cell for 15 years and upon his release he is given clues to find and seek revenge upon his captor in 5 days.

    The Good

    The plot. It moves around so much you are never really sure where the story will take you next. The first time you watch it is like a dream, or nightmare as the case may be.

    The Action. The infamous hallway scene is one of the greatest action sequences of all time.

    The Violence. Over the top and original. It shocks you.

    The payoff. I won't get into detail for fear of ruining it, but let's just say it is amazing. One of the greatest movie endings ever.

    The Bad

    Lost in translation. I hate the dub over so I refuse to watch it, but reading the subtitles you get the sense that not everything is translated properly.

    Overall

    One of the 5 greatest foreign films of all time and one of the Top 100 films overall in history. Nothing in this movie disappoints, although it is not for the squeamish.

    4 Stars
    Last edited by beautifulcock; 09-23-2008 at 06:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    Hi, Mom....by Brian DePalma starring Robert DeNiro.
    sorry, this one I avoided, perhaps another Deniro flick?, I'm doing the Good Shepard soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzah View Post
    Thanks for the 2 reviews I requested.

    But I'm really interested in your take on my fav movie:

    The Usual Suspects
    will do
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

  8. #38
    Anglophile Dooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Big Plum
    Posts
    23,685
    Rep Power
    67

    Default

    ok........Good Will Hunting. i just saw it for the first time.
    Look eye, always look eye.

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    ok........Good Will Hunting. i just saw it for the first time.
    excellent

    by tomorrow I will do the reviews for

    The Usual Suspects
    The Good Shepard
    Good Will Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

  10. #40
    God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|
    Age
    32
    Posts
    9,949
    Rep Power
    53

    Default

    This strictly films...

    Meaning would you include Animes/Animated films brock ?

    ***

    The Machinist
    The Prestige

  11. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whers View Post
    This strictly films...

    Meaning would you include Animes/Animated films brock ?

    ***

    The Machinist
    The Prestige
    I will do the prestige, I can do any movies I've seen, this won't include many anime films, but I've seen a lot of animated flicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

  12. #42
    Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    In Hell..
    Posts
    11,139
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    Hook us up with a review of 'The Audition' when u get to it

  13. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post
    Hook us up with a review of 'The Audition' when u get to it
    If you are talking about the Korean flick "Audition" I will gladly add it to the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

  14. #44
    El Don of this shit TAURO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In the minds of women everywhere
    Age
    36
    Posts
    16,382
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Transformers the movie (1986)
    Bronx Tale
    Coffy
    Foxy Brown



    "I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

  15. #45
    Anglophile Dooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Big Plum
    Posts
    23,685
    Rep Power
    67

    Default

    BRONX TALE

    Sonny had five finga's, but he only used tree
    Look eye, always look eye.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •