Thread: de la's 3 feet high is the greatest hiphop album created by man

Default de la's 3 feet high is the greatest hiphop album created by man

im sure you figure ive been recently listening to the album which is why im so quick to kiss its ass and write all about it.. but, even now... after what damn near 20 years??? i can still bust this shit out and play it and motherfucking enjoy it to hell... which i cant say about much hiphop albums from the late 80's.. i mean i can appreciate the run dmcs krs1s PE's nwa ll cool j etc etc but they still to me sound dated and low quality (excluding ericb rakim albums)

personally i prefer de la soul is dead...
    thats my favorite de la album....
    nevertheless 3ft is a magnificent work of art and i dont think even you can deny its greatness but i'd still like to hear your opinion
    say you got hoes, you pry got hoes in yo socks

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

nah man

BTW

they stole one of my beats and put it on that album

What exactly do you mean by 'stole'?

Anyway, really like it, got me into De La and has some of the most enjoyable hip hop on it.

Tread Water, Change in Speak, Eye Know, Magic Number, Say No Go, Me Myself and I.

All classic.

And the skits are great.

The intro's great, haha at the guy from Australia.

De La Soul is Dead is their best for sure.

Yeah, took me a while to get into though personally.

But after that i considered it a classic.

I remember cracking open the album when i first got it and reading the comic while i listened to it.

Nostalgia.

armynavyairforcemarines Sgt Holly Wood's Avatar

nah my fave de la is "stakes is high"

De La Soul is a great group and "3 Feet High & Rising" is a classic but it's nowhere near greatest hip-hop album ever for me. My favorite De La album is "Buhloone Mind State"; I love the way Prince Paul and De La flipped the style for that one. that long instrumental track with the saxophones is incredible and "I Am, I Be" is another favorite. classic material!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

I agree with threadstarter.

"36 Chambers", "Nation of Millions", "Paid in Full", "Illmatic", "Ready to Die", "Me Against the World" and "Death Certificate" are all work of Allah.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
    What exactly do you mean by 'stole'?

Anyway, really like it, got me into De La and has some of the most enjoyable hip hop on it.

Tread Water, Change in Speak, Eye Know, Magic Number, Say No Go, Me Myself and I.

All classic.

And the skits are great.

The intro's great, haha at the guy from Australia.
    yep yep

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    De La Soul is Dead is their best for sure.
    so is that your 'greatest hiphop album of all time'?
    not necessarily your most favorite album but what you consider the 'greatest rap album'

Quote Originally Posted by sergeant steels View Post
    nah my fave de la is "stakes is high"
    awwwwwwwwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
    I agree with threadstarter.

"36 Chambers", "Nation of Millions", "Paid in Full", "Illmatic", "Ready to Die", "Me Against the World" and "Death Certificate" are all work of Allah.
    i agree with all those minus me against the world and death certificate add whut thee album and maybe low end theory

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    De La Soul is a great group and "3 Feet High & Rising" is a classic but it's nowhere near greatest hip-hop album ever for me. My favorite De La album is "Buhloone Mind State"; I love the way Prince Paul and De La flipped the style for that one. that long instrumental track with the saxophones is incredible and "I Am, I Be" is another favorite. classic material!
    yea it had some great tracks but then.. what IS your 'greatest of all time' again not your favorite but what you consider GREAT? i know its hard to choose but humor me *hopes 36chambers isnt anyones response*
    say you got hoes, you pry got hoes in yo socks